Hearthstone

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Just got done doing heroics and looks like my Reno deck is going to be shit stomped by some murlocs... haven't played any of them yet though.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Running a mage deck with a lot of AOE to deal with this Murloc shit. Also toying with Scarab and Ethereal Conjuror. Works EXTREMELY well mainly because I am bound to get a secret or two out of it and it totally fucks their play when you get something totally unexpected like Spellbinder.

Really fun to clear their bullshit 3 times with sheep/blizzard/Flamestrike though. The rage must be real.
I would recommend tempo. Pretty easy to take early game and they usually never make it to turn 10 for anyfin.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Murloc Pally is a lot of fun but boy does that deck die hard if you get a bad draw, especially against aggro. I did play a Reno Warlock last night with it and I still won after Reno came out (granted I drew anyfin twice).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's what really rustles my jimmies. Murloc pally is so much more fair of a deck than secret pally, but I'd bet you anyfin that anything gets nerfed and challenger never gets touched.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They way their nerf cycle runs MC will get wacked in a couple months when no one gives a fuck anymore and murlocs or some other cancer are running rampant instead.

On the other hand, theyHATEOTK heavy combo shit so maybe you're right. Still, they've been trying to push more murloc viability for a couple of card sets now, so who knows.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except otk murloc isn't actually a murloc deck, It's a control deck that uses murlocs as removal as it works towards the combo. I really think it will get nerfed before MC does, if MC ever gets nerfed. Anyway, instead of snarky posts and funny pictures, this morning I thought I'd share some of my boundless wisdom article style.

Constructing/Deconstructing Control Priest.

Entomb has brought control priest back to the ladder. It remains to be seen if the deck is going to stick around or fade away, but I thought I'd post an analysis of the deck composition here for people interested in giving it a try. My comments are based on a mix of my own experience playing it on the ladder as well as watching Zetalot's stream and the changes he makes to his lists as he wins and loses matches. This is meant to be a quick primer rather than an in-depth analysis.

Core Cards
2x Circle of Healing - Can't play without circle in control priest. Combos with Auchenai as removal, Northshire for card draw, Blademaster for a sticky body, it's just too damn good.
2x Flash Heal - This is a rather abrupt meta choice due to the prevalence of Reno Lock and Aggro Shaman. While it doesn't put boots on the ground like Naaru, it heals for 2 more and is a better nuke when combined with Auchenai. Auchenai + flash heals is your win condition against Jaraxxus.
2x Power Word Shield - enable better trades for your creatures and dig through your deck
2x Northshire Cleric - Terrible against other slow decks but mandatory for midrange and aggro
2x Zombie Chow - Ordinarily a personal preference card, I think it's mandatory atm due to the need to contest the board starting at turn 1, and it potentially combos with Auchenai
1x Shrinkmeister - Mainly to combo with a Cabal, occasionally used as a tempo drop or a proactive 2 point heal when trading.
2x Wild Pyromancer - Ordinarily a personal preference card, in the current meta it potentially gets you way too much value not to run
2x Deathlord - Ordinarily a personal preference card, this has too fat of an ass not to run in this meta
1x Shadow Word Death - This core configuration assumes you're running 2x entomb, in which case you want 1x Death, 1x Nova, and 2x Lightbomb.
2x Auchenai Soul Priest - Doesn't need an explanation.
1x Holy Nova - See Shadow Word Death
2x Entomb - These may be too slow, but they're the ultimate silver bullet. They take care of troublesome deathrattles, things priest ordinarily can't deal with like Ysera, and plays around Avenge, Anyfin, Duplicate, etc.
2x Lightbomb - See Shadow Word Death
2x Cabal Shadow Priest - Too much value not to run. The Shrinkmeister may eventually be phased out, but Cabals are too good.
1x Justicar Trueheart - This makes your taunts much harder to bash through over multiple turns and keeps you ahead of topdecks if you manage to drag the game out against fast aggro. Also gives you more reach with Auchenai.

Preference Cards

Light of the Naaru - Mostly better than Flash Heal, but with so much Reno lock running around, Jaraxxus is an autoloss if you don't have the reach Flash Heal gives you. Don't run both.
Thoughtsteal - Too slow against aggro, potentially game winning against control.
Velen's Chosen - I wouldn't run more than 1 unless you sub in a second holy nova, but they give your taunts a much fatter ass.
Dark Cultist - Blademaster is strictly better in this style of priest.
Holy Champion - Too much fast aggro imo, but when combined with Light of the Naaru your board can snowball in a single turn. Definitely run 2x Nova if you run Holy Champions
Vol'jin - I think he's redundant with 2x entomb, but some people run him.
Injured Blademaster - Almost a core card for control priest, but you don't have to run him. Great synergy with circle of healing or an enhanced hero power. and just priest in general
Harrison Jones - Tricky. You don't want to draw against control warrior, he's a bit slow against paladin, and oil rogue is pretty damn rare atm.
Sludge Belcher - Valuable but not quite mandatory in this meta
Sylvanas - I'd cut something for a second death if you run Sylvanas
Dr. Boom - Despite not really fitting into the priest game plan, Boom is so much value in a single card that he's an option. It's nice having no BGH targets though.
Ysera - Probably the most absolute value in a single card, but holy balls is Ysera slow.

Tech Cards

Mass Dispel - Slow, limited use, but it cycles and it's never a completely dead card. Maybe if you were seeing a LOT of egg druid and raptor rogue, because Mass Dispel completely crushes them.
Kezan Mystic - Only worth it if you're seeing a lot of midrange hunter and freeze mage, too slow for face hunter and not enough impact against secret pally.
Loatheb - Best if you're seeing a lot of freeze mage and oil rogue, two uncommon decks on the ladder. Also good for protecting an over-extended board against other control decks, but you shouldn't be over-extending in the first place.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Because reliable OTK combo decks are the most bullshit. It is supremely unfun to be ahead most of a game. Then just get raped in one turn and there was nothing you could do about it.

Everyone likes to hate on aggro, but if they aren't drawing well or can't maintain a board presence you can win those games.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I had hungry crab in a Reno list but havent run into any Murloc paladins... granted, I haven't played many games the past few days, but still... probably ~10 matches last night at rank 15 and no murlocs.

I do not believe Hungry crab is a good enough counter to the OTK though. Ideally you need to run some of the more worthless murlocs yourself to screw up the combo. (or run Murloc Knight /Neptulon if you're Pal/Shm)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hungry Crab is worthless. What you need is a way to disrupt anyfin (removing murlocs from play without killing them), a strong board that the first anyfin can't break, or to keep them on the defensive and win the game before they can set up anyfin in the first place.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hungry Crab is worthless. What you need is a way to disrupt anyfin (removing murlocs from play without killing them), a strong board that the first anyfin can't break, or to keep them on the defensive and win the game before they can set up anyfin in the first place.
I agree that the crab is worthless but it's really hard for control to stop that combo. You have all the value of pally and a ridiculous combo on top of it. They are doing good work changing things up though. This is a murloc deck that is good(as close as has ever been) and pally is kicking ass ATM. Shaman even has a good deck right now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Murlock was an incredibly dominant deck until the meta evolved past it. And my gut tells me that Anyfin combo is objectively weaker than standard midrange, and maybe secret too. It's just new and people don't know what to do against it yet.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Murlock was an incredibly dominant deck until the meta evolved past it. And my gut tells me that Anyfin combo is objectively weaker than standard midrange, and maybe secret too. It's just new and people don't know what to do against it yet.
I stand corrected. Before my time but would have loved to seen it in action.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree. I'd say in probably at least 50% of my wins with the deck didn't factor in either of the new cards (anyfin/sir finley), warleader can win games all by itself once you have board presence.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I literally was just looking at /r/hearthstone and wondering why people weren't bitching about the newest brawl yet..

norp

Bronze Squire
The Anyfin combo feels more like a powerful inevitability tool then a straight up combo. This will potentially hurt the hard control decks (especially Reno) quite a bit. I do think perhaps the hard control decks will need to be a bit more proactive if they want to beat Anyfin before 2 of them are cast. I would also assume people will learn to play against the card in the coming weeks (I.E more taunts, or more powerful threats that the Anyfin deck has a hard time dealing with)

Hearthstone actually seems to be in an interesting place right now, a lot of great options and choices to consider right now.