Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The worst part is that Blizzard KNOWS they're making a mistake. They once said that it was a huge mistake to announce Naxx as early as they did. And now they're repeating that exact mistake.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like how people complain about a stale meta but it's a different deck everyday. One day it's Combo Druid and Control Priest. Next day it's Tempo Mage and Aggro Shaman. Then it's Freeze Mage and Control Warrior. Secret Pally is the only consistent complaint.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They are like 10000000% changing BGH if they are adding things like that.

I can't believe this shit is really late April early May. That's soooooo long after LoE. What a joke

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Alex:

Fair enough. I'll admit secret paladins aren't that annoying aside from being somewhat OP if they curve out well. But in either case, at least they fight for the board and that can make for an interesting game.

Combo druids, aggro shaman, face hunter, and priests don't fight for the board and it makes the gameplay very boring. I mean, yes, priests "fight" for the board, but it's more like "you play minions, I'll clear them all for you...repeatedly".

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
C'Thun: Too slow. He's a win more card.

My opinion is subject to change but that's my initial gut feeling.
Well not necessarily. If all the Cthun buffers are good stats like the 2 we've seen, it could be quite good. 2 mana 2/3 and 3 mana 3/4 aren't bad. So we'll see.

Yeah I don't know why it was announced so early and it sucks we only got like 7 previews.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
C'Thun is slow but he's not win more since his battlecry actually does something useful.
Win More is when you have the luxury to play a card that doesn't affect board or tempo right away. C'Thun gives you the board & tempo.
You'll still need a decent curve, so if the acolytes are only base stats without much impact then C'Thun decks could still be too weak. It'll be similar to Murloc Paladin where you try to delay till turn 10. Might happen, might not. Too early to say.

The other cards didn't seem very inspiring at all except maybe the Validated Doomsayer. 7/7 on turn 5 (6) is really good, and if BGH doesn't get nerfed than it's also a hard minion to clear immediately, and you'll usually always get at least 1 attack off for 7 damage. Cabal would be painful though.

Corrupted healbot probably won't work. Can't combo easily with Auch+Circle because it has 6 health, so opponent will most likely always get +8 instead of -8.

Edit: Another unique/rare thing with the doomsayer is he counters Eadric/Aldor/Humility

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there a collection of the previewed cards? googled a couple individually but would like to see them all

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Website is supposed to be oldgods.com but it's not up yet. Hearthpwn has some I think. Not many cards were shown yet, only like 5?

Edit: Yea, Hearthpwn has them all on front page. 6 cards revealed so far.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My initial, gut reaction, with C'Thun is that at 10 mana he's going to eat up your entire turn so he's extremely slow. And you really need to build your deck around him.

With that said it's a good battlecry that actually does something really good the turn it's played so that weighs in it's favor. I'm sure we'll be seeing some C'Thunadin or Control C'Thun decks (who knows what at this point though). We'll just have to wait and see the rest to see what's possible.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have they said anything about expansion size? I wonder if they'll be increasing the size of sets now that they're promoting a standard format.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I guess Polluted Hoarder is an upgrade to Gnomish Inventor. Not many decks use Gnomish but it did see play in Patron and rarely in some other draw decks. A 4/2 is much better board presence and if you want draw then you don't care so much about it dying. At least it can actually kill stuff rather then being a throwaway draw card.

Have they said anything about expansion size? I wonder if they'll be increasing the size of sets now that they're promoting a standard format.
134 new cards if I remember correctly.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Intredasting. Reckoner and Elder both pass the vanilla test, so perhaps a C'thun deck will be viable. Largely depends on whether or not those two are the only good C'thun buffers. Will be interesting to see if each class gets a C'thun card as well.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Validated Doomsayer seems bad to me, its not a 7/7 turn 5 its a 7/7 turn 6. You can't play him without board control or it gets killed for free or basically for free. And being that susceptible to silence usually isn't good. I guess being somewhat immune to aldor is neat, but I don't think that'll make it a card worth using.

Actually looking at the card again it says it sets it at 7, so probably not silenceable after it changes.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Blows my mind that their stance is to wait until xpac release to implement standard. They REALLY could use the free meta shakeup it would provide until then. Maybe their goal is to have people take a break for a month so they have less gold to spend on the new packs and will spend $ instead.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I find myself really disappointed today
frown.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
http://www.oldgods.comdoesn't work yet but apparently it'll link here:Whispers of the Old Gods - Card Sets - Hearthstone
If you didn't watch the stream, it was said there will be 16 cards that buff C'Thun. I don't see that fact posted anywhere else yet.
We've seen 2 of 16 so far. Seems like a high probability that each class will have a unique acolyte since 16 neutrals would be 32 cards whereas 7 neutrals + 1 class card is 16 cards for a deck, not counting C'Thun himself.

Re: Validated Doomsayer: 7/7 Turn 6 for 5 mana is still ahead of curve but yea, might not see play since it dies for free if opponent has a board already. I could see it being similar to Fel Reaver in aggro decks, just without the downside. Put it in the aggro druid deck, zoo, face hunter, etc. Soaks up 7 damage or you insta-lose.