Hearthstone

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Discover mechanic is a pretty big deal. The meta is not the same. Brann, Reno, Curator, Dark Peddler, Keeper, Entomb. Many useful cards that made brand new decks or made previously shit classes (Shaman) not only viable, but damn near elite.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Priest is in no better a position in the meta than it was before entomb and curator. I forgot about dark peddler, which brings the LoE count up to 4/120 for the top tier decks. Renolock is not a new archetype, it's just the latest evolution of handlock. The only real lasting change to the meta brought by LoE was trogg causing aggro shaman to reach critical mass, and even then the deck has fallen off hard in rankings.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never said that I'm never wrong, I've been wrong many times in this thread. I was one of the 'Dr Boom is trash' naysayers. Since you bring it up though, the last meta shift I recall predicting was that after a couple months of people running LoE through the wringer, the meta would settle back to just about exactly where it was pre-LoE. Judging from the last few meta snapshots and the fact that Liquidhearth hasn't published a new power ranking since early December, I'd say I was dead on. Out of the 120 cards comprising the 4 tier 1 decks on Tempostorm, exactly 2 of them are from LoE.
"Bro I never said I'm always right, but let me tell you about how recently I was so totally the most right of all"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Bro I never said I'm always right, but let me tell you about how recently I was so totally the most right of all"
Exactly.

Although I guess I'm not really being fair about the effect of LoE on the metagame, if Renolock and aggro shaman didn't exist, the top tier wouldn't be what it is today.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems the same way every time. A few cards that have a real affect on the meta, and a giant pile of shit that's unusable. You pretty much have to go to arena and brawls to ever have a chance at seeing most of the other cards in action.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well it should be a lot different with set rotations now. It's pretty rare to see eternal playable cards in new MtG sets after all.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Combo Priest at its finest.

rrr_img_129112.jpg
rrr_img_129113.jpg

Neph_sl

shitlord
Yea, this was the deck that was used heavily when this Brawl came out the first time:[Tavern Brawl] Tree of Life OTK Priest - Hearthstone Decks
need Bolf though, which isn't worth crafting just for this.
Might consider running Finley instead for the chance to get the Druid or Warrior hero power for armor on the combo, which is what saved Nidhogg. I assume he had a lucky Bash or Shield Block from a 3-drop to get that armor, otherwise he would've not won that match. That said, you could play a lot of 3-drops for the extra chances at armor for the win.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
It was an ice armor from the 30000 3-drops I put in the deck. Yea Finley can do it - it was just a funzies deck.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I just setup a beautiful Eye for an Eye lethal win. My opponent goes to BM me thinking he's all hot shit and then runs his 5/5 into me for lethal on him.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
ffffffuck

I just had a realization

When wild mode exists I don't have to do quests for shitty classes in casual mode anymore, I can just do them in wild and still get wins towards golden portrait.

Success.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So I gave ranked play a try. 4 games and all 4 conceded in the first few turns. Moved up a rank without a comlete game and none of them put them in a hopeless spot. Odd.

Northerner

N00b
Meh, people fuck about in ranked pretty regularly. It's a bit stale out there and I'm sure a lot of folks are looking for 10 or 5 and that's about it. Dropping a match against something you don't want to play is fairly common.

That or they are scared of you of course!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AMn0d47.jpg

Seems winmore as all fuck. Losing lightbomb and Vol'jin for this? Vol'jin wasn't really even played as it is and it still probably a better class legend than this thing.

Bwb8ntg.png

Stats are weak, victim of the overcosted taunt mechanic, but then again its ok value considering the deathrattle. Going to be interesting to see how the four drop slot shakes out. Overall seems like it might work best in taunt focused decks, assuming such a thing ever gets off the ground.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Vol'jin was played before Entomb made him obsolete. Volazj isn't bad but undoubtedly won't see much play.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
AMn0d47.jpg

Seems winmore as all fuck. Losing lightbomb and Vol'jin for this? Vol'jin wasn't really even played as it is and it still probably a better class legend than this thing.
That's a much better version of Baron Riverdare. I dunno if that's enough to make priest deathrattle a thing.