Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess there's basically only going to be three month gaps or something the rest of the year. I don't know about how long it might be between the late year expansion and the next one in the following spring though. But it has to be a longer gap there I suppose.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I guess there's basically only going to be three month gaps or something the rest of the year. I don't know about how long it might be between the late year expansion and the next one in the following spring though. But it has to be a longer gap there I suppose.
The fact that you believe anything Blizzard says regarding time is mind boggling. This game isn't even some sort of amazingly deep card game with hundreds of mechanics and they still manage to delay this stuff indefinitely.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I also think they should rotate 1 for 1 instead of year chunks, but meh.
I don't understand that either, it would seem to make more sense, and shake the meta more each time there is a release by having card rotate out at the time.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't understand that either, it would seem to make more sense, and shake the meta more each time there is a release by having card rotate out at the time.
Well in the land of better card games (MTG) this is because the sets play off each other on purpose and have shared mechanics and themes. I don't think Blizz has claimed this but who knows?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well in the land of better card games (MTG) this is because the sets play off each other on purpose and have shared mechanics and themes. I don't think Blizz has claimed this but who knows?
Yeah it's like Blizzard finally figured out they should start copying successful CCGs, except they can't even copy them right. There's really no reason that the oldest adventure shouldn't rotate out of standard as soon as a new one comes out (maybe not til the final wing is out) and the same for full expansions.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
MTG also wants people to be able to play with new cards for a couple years. That hobby is way too expensive for really short rotations.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I guess rogue will stay shitty.

ekJk99i.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also:

With the implementation of Standard and Wild formats on the horizon, we want to ensure that their addition to Hearthstone is a fun and meaningful experience for all our players around the world. Everyone should feel free to enjoy the format they have the most fun with, and be recognized for their efforts ascending the ladder in Ranked Play, regardless of format.

After careful consideration, we have decided to make a change to the rank displayed on your friends list once Standard and Wild formats go live.

Previously, we announced that your current rank in Standard would be the rank displayed next to your name on your friends list. Instead, once the Year of the Kraken officially begins, your best current rank-whether Standard or Wild-will automatically be displayed on your friends list.

For example, if you are rank 15 in Wild and rank 18 in Standard, your rank in Wild will be displayed.

We hope this change will encourage our players to proudly display the in-game accomplishments they have achieved, whether they are traversing Wild or diving into Standard.
Makes more sense.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Well, I guess rogue will stay shitty.

ekJk99i.png
Hmm.. it's a alright card. Overcosted but I suppose you can use preparation with it

It 'might' see some play in Mill Rogue since it is card draw but it might be too overcosted for that

Dunno, will have to test it

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I read somewhere they are reblancing some cards already in the game. Any specifics on that yet?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just speculation at this point I think. Knife Juggler will likely be looked at. Also one of the cards in the Force of Nature/Savage Roar combo - probably FoN. There's some speculation on others as well but those two are very likely. Maybe Alex?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I read somewhere they are reblancing some cards already in the game. Any specifics on that yet?
Only that at least one of Force/Roar will assuredly be nerfed.

Knife Juggler is a pretty good bet, but who the fuck knows with Blizzard and their stupid ass "spirit of the card" mantra.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I think near certainty for nerfs would be:

Roar/Force - One of the two
BGH
Alex
Ancient of Lore
Knife Juggler
Divine Favor

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I honestly don't think Knight Juggler needs to be changed unless it's to make it a 2/2. The cards is fine, it was only a problem because of shit like Implosion, Haunted Creeper, and Muster for Battle.