Hearthstone

Northerner

N00b
Well, it's definitely good value! At four mana it is even fine if it eats a silence, plus it might get buffs from various things due to the 1/1 initial nature.

Thistle tea is a weird one but might see some play. Would be some kinda crazy RNG swings based on what it drew of course, unless Scry is coming somehow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why not? Yes, that specific combo is slow. But it shows how the card can be limiting to design space by giving something stealth permanently until it's in OTK range.
It's a 10 mana 'combo' that requires the nightmare to stay on the board for 4 turns to charge up enough attack power to kill your opponent. Meanwhile you hope he isn't playing doomsayer, brawl, vanish, or whatever other mass removal will be legal post-rotation, while also hoping he isn't playing aggro because you'll be dead long before you draw into your combo and charge it up because rogue's biggest weakness trying to play the control game is that they take too much weapon damage keeping the board clear, and now you won't have antique healbot to keep you going. Nightmare - cold blood - conceal would be a much better play because you can actually do something with it the next turn, and even that is pretty goddamn weak.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot of people have speculated about master of disguise as far as being a general design space limiter. Not sure how realistic that is, but its a common theory that they will nerf the card because they'e said already that its affected design decisions. I forget which card it was they said could never have been rogue or neutral because of MoD.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I cannot for the life of me imagine how any possible combo involving master of disguise could ever be better than just playing miracle rogue.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea its been rumored MoD will get nerfed. Then they can make a Mal Ganis for rogue, yay!

Thistle is way slow and not reliable. Useless.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Animated Armor was originally a neutral.
Ok? Reasonably powerful combo that doesn't win you the game or even get you closer to winning the game and dies to most of the mass removal in the format, that you can't set up until turn 8 at the earliest unless you want to gamble on armor sticking without stealth. Yawn.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really need to start running 2x protector and doa just due to the sheer number of fucking ancient watchers I get from shredder, fuck!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thinking of getting an adventure pack and then the expansion when it comes out. What's the best bang for your buck on those? Black rock? Just trying to stretch my money bang for the buck since I haven't been able to work in over a year.

Or better to just wait and buy packs in the new expansion?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thinking of getting an adventure pack and then the expansion when it comes out. What's the best bang for your buck on those? Black rock? Just trying to stretch my money bang for the buck since I haven't been able to work in over a year.

Or better to just wait and buy packs in the new expansion?
Its hard to say but probably better waiting to buy expansion packs.

BRM would be the best adventure to buy since its staying in standard mode for now. Good class cards: Quick Shot, Flamewaker, Twilight Whelp, Lava Shock, Imp Gang Boss, Revenge. Then there's the dragon synergy cards which might come into play more in standard. Emperor Thaurissan is very strong and Grim Patron is good for the warrior deck at the moment. Lots of things could change, but there's a good chance you will find some use from BRM cards.

Its really impossible to say for sure right now which would be the better overall use if it can only be one or the other, but still probably just waiting to buy packs is safer. I think you can buy single wings of the aventures too if there's a certain card you want for a certain deck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
League of Explorers will be standard legal for the next 2 years, Blackrock Mountain will only be standard legal for 1 year. Whichever you decide to go with, adventures are always more bang for your buck when you're spending cash. As far as packs go, if you don't have many cards I'd think you'd be better off buying classic packs rather than tournament or whispers.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would just buy both League of Explorers and Blackrock Mountain. Unless you're a poor mofo and you can't buy ramen or something if you do. Cards in both of those sets will continue to be used in standard.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah, adventure packs are the way to go if you wanna spend money. I think BRM is a better pack if you have to choose, but LoE might be in standard longer?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
At some point they need to sell a "boxed set" or "beginners set" that has all of the old content in it for one price.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
635960580995747246.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's decent. I'm not ecstatic that priests will have the ability to threaten flamestrike from turn 2 onwards.

Maybe combo with corrupted healbot? I'm having trouble thinking of something beyond CoH(like that isn't enough). Flash Heal for a 3 mana 5 damage nuke?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you can get velen to stick (lol, I know, but maybe w/ bgh change) it would be 20 damage for 3 cards/4 mana. Or if you can set up a combo priest w/ et you can just do it all in one turn.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I think it's a decent addition for Priests. A card that can be experimented with for sure