Hearthstone

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to try and make mill Rogue work in this new control meta and enjoy the salty tears when I burn your Cthun away

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I wonder if all the Cthun buffs to health/damage get added at the bottom and can be silenced or if they're added directly to the card like a Druid of the Fang and are retained after a silence or sap.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like I will learn to hate this card:

WmDmUKE.png

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Guess it's finally time to do the pre order. Watching the games on stream today definitely makes it look like the game will be fun for awhile again.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
We just went over this. Deathrattles do trigger when the card is burned from the field. Burned and dead are equivalent. Poly'd and killed is not.
What I meant by 'burned' was 'milled'. Milled cards don't trigger deathrattles but Deathwing did clarify that milled cards still are treated as 'dead'

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
As I'm looking through the set, here's some obvious concepts that are standing out:

Druid:
Addled Grizzly is like Sword of Justice for Paladin except it's a body and has unlimited charges. Token decks could be huge. Also it's a beast which has synergy with the +2/+2 Draw a Card being released. Possibly OP and annoying deck to come. (Tokens have always been sorta strong for Druid already, just outclassed in current meta and by Combo)

Hunter:
Still no great board removal, making mid-range/control struggle.

Mage:
With Cabalists Tome, spellslinging is made easier. Mages won't run out of gas very easily and without Loatheb I can see some very powerful Mage decks to come.

Paladin:
Lots of new buffs and Divine Shield stuff, a different type of annoyance than Deathrattles. Will Blood Knight be a viable tech choice? I don't see Paladin decks as very strong overall.

Priest:
Possibly the most consistent C'Thun deck to come? Hooded Acolyte with Pyro+Circle+Northshire combo could mean super big C'Thun with tons of card draw to get him in your hand by turn 10.

Rogue:
Lots of "add cards to hand". Losing Naxx/GvG means Deathrattle Rogue loses a lot. Some form of mid-range or Control deck seems the only viable path for Rogue atm. Maybe a Pirate deck can make it. The Blackwater Pirate (Neutral) seems good enough.

Shaman:
Every Shaman card seems really good somewhere. A lot of experimentation to come. Has to be something good there.

Warlock:

Forbidden Ritual, Possessed Villager, Darkshire Councilman... Zoo seems stronger than ever.

Warrior:
Control Warrior seems stronger than ever. Especially with Bloodhoof Brave to keep the early game in check.

Early Class Ranking Predictions:

Tier 1:
Warrior
Mage
Shaman
Warlock

Tier 2:
Paladin
Priest
Druid

Tier 3:

Hunter
Rogue

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Druid:
Addled Grizzly is like Sword of Justice for Paladin except it's a body and has unlimited charges. Token decks could be huge. Also it's a beast which has synergy with the +2/+2 Draw a Card being released. Possibly OP and annoying deck to come. (Tokens have always been sorta strong for Druid already, just outclassed in current meta and by Combo)
lol like Addled Grizzly will stay on board long enough to summon five minions

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem with Grizzly is, it's super unlikely you can play it on-curve. Which means waiting until probably several turns later, and at that point token druid should be running out of steam. Now, maybe +1/+1 to everything is enough to finish with, but hard to say.

Northerner

N00b
Hm. That's actually an interesting point. Are polyed/hexed/whatever cards exiled or do they go into the owner's stack/graveyard/whatever-HS-calls-it?

I *think* they are exiled effectively (probably just by changing the card ID to the sheep one or whatever), which is interesting actually if so.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hm. That's actually an interesting point. Are polyed/hexed/whatever cards exiled or do they go into the owner's stack/graveyard/whatever-HS-calls-it?

I *think* they are exiled effectively (probably just by changing the card ID to the sheep one or whatever), which is interesting actually if so.
Yes, for all intensive porpoises a card that gets hexed or polymorphed is exiled.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lots of awesome cards. Eternal Sentinel 3/2 Shaman minion that unlocks Overloaded mana crystals is awesome. Divine Strength: Paladin 1 mana +1/+2 buff plus the discover, plus the 1 mana 2/1 that gives a random friendly minion divine shield. Shadow Strike, Rogue card that costs (3) and does 5 damage to an undamaged minion. Primal Fusion, give a minion +1/+1 for each totem has potential. Shaman 4 mana minion with 2 overload that is a 7/7. Evolve, Shaman spell that costs (1) and upgrades your minion to something that costs 1 more. It's a full heal plus an upgrade for 1 mana, amazing. Still just beginning to look at the list but so far I'm excited.

Omg @ Darkshire Librarian. 2 Mana for vanilla stats and you discover a card and then on deathrattle you draw a card? Wowzers.

Like I said though, way, way too many cards that interact with Cthun and affect their budget (except for some for some of them like Warlock's Usher of Souls which is a Pit Fighter + Cthun bonus. Pretty dismayed by all of that, but there's lots of good cards here. Yay for another good Warrior and Rogue Pirate. The Neutral Pirate I'm not sure on. I find it lacking.

Saw nothing really compelling or exciting in any of the neutrals on first quick glance though, but lots of cool class cards, except for Priest, eeek.

Lol @ the removal of the "Sorry" emote and it being replaced with "Wow". Is that to reduce BM? How about give us auto squelch. "Thank you" is far worse BM than "Sorry" haha. Oh Blizzard.

10 Free packs is great. That's pretty cool.

What's up with the translation on Evolve? At first I thought it said one minion, but then when you click on it to discuss, the wording is confusing because it says minions in one place and minion in another. Does it honestly affect your entire fucking board? If that's the case that is out of control insane. People are saying it transforms all of your minions. Wow. I thought it was amazing with just 1 minion, but ALL of your minions? Shamans are going to dominate. Wow.