Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What's up with the translation on Evolve? At first I thought it said one minion, but then when you click on it to discuss, the wording is confusing because it says minions in one place and minion in another. Does it honestly affect your entire fucking board? If that's the case that is out of control insane. People are saying it transforms all of your minions. Wow. I thought it was amazing with just 1 minion, but ALL of your minions? Shamans are going to dominate. Wow.
It transforms all the minions on your board.

Omg @ Darkshire Librarian. 2 Mana for vanilla stats and you discover a card and then on deathrattle you draw a card? Wowzers.
You DISCARD a card, then Draw

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shadow Strike, Rogue card that costs (3) and does 5 damage to an undamaged minion.

Evolve, Shaman spell that costs (1) and upgrades your minion to something that costs 1 more. It's a full heal plus an upgrade for 1 mana, amazing. Still just beginning to look at the list but so far I'm excited.

Omg @ Darkshire Librarian. 2 Mana for vanilla stats and you discover a card and then on deathrattle you draw a card? Wowzers.

What's up with the translation on Evolve? At first I thought it said one minion, but then when you click on it to discuss, the wording is confusing because it says minions in one place and minion in another. Does it honestly affect your entire fucking board? If that's the case that is out of control insane. People are saying it transforms all of your minions. Wow. I thought it was amazing with just 1 minion, but ALL of your minions? Shamans are going to dominate. Wow.
Ok, the rogue card reads undamagedcharacter, not minion, which I take to mean any undamaged thing on the board. Face, minion, your own minion, your own face.

Darkshire Librarian isdiscarda card then deathrattle draws a card. That would be too fucking nuts man.

And yes, evolve says "your minionS", so all of them. Pretty cool indeed.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Blah too slow, I'll just comment that librarian isn't good. It has synergy with fist of jaraxxus but it ain't worth it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blah too slow, I'll just comment that librarian isn't good. It has synergy with fist of jaraxxus but it ain't worth it.
Yeah it seems too clunky. If it worked like Morrow first said, discover battlecry then draw deathrattle, it would be the most insane two drop ever though. No way they would have done that.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You DISCARD a card, then Draw
Lol makes way more sense. Not total garbage though when you can play it with an empty hand. But yeah, not exciting. It's stupid that it has vanilla stats for having to discard a random card. It should be a 3/3.

I think Evolve is way, way op though.

So are there no new secrets in the expansion, which is sort of interesting. I wonder why. Every single new set of cards has had at least 1. Maybe they want to move away from them. Seems odd to leave an entire card type out. Woulda been cool to see some new ideas. Eventually they are going to have to open up secrets to all classes imo. It never made any sense to me why Rogues didn't have secrets. I would have thought they would have put some sort of counter to C'thun's Battlecry. Like : Rogue: Riposte (2) When an enemy minion triggers a Battlecry, counter it and then draw a card.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Evolve is way better in arena IMO, it doesn't work too great in a deck with these huge undercosted overload creature s though because typically the next creature up is a downgrade.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Evolve is way better in arena IMO, it doesn't work too great in a deck with these huge undercosted overload creature s though because typically the next creature up is a downgrade.
What huge undercosted overload creatures? There's not that many. And if you build an Evolve deck with a bunch of Overload minions you're just an idiot. You'd use it with lots of smaller minions and minions that summon other minions like Tuskarr Totemic etc. Who says you have to play Evolve with "a bunch of undercosted Overload creatures" ? That logic makes no sense. My bet is on Evolve being godly. It allows you to make favorable trades and then heal up AND upgrade your entire board by an entire turn for a single mana. It is insane. I guarantee you Evolve will manifest into Shaman zoo.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah all creatures is unreasonably good.
It's bonkers. It's the definition of tempo. It may as well be called "Time Walk". Because that's basically what it does. So many very easy scenarios to pull off by turn 3 or 4, and lets not even get into late game when you have way more minions on board and can trade/heal up etc. You only need 2 minions on the board for it to give you a pretty big swing, and any more than that and you are in amazing shape. And with it costing a single mana, you always have room to cast it. If you have a 2 drop on your board on turn 3 and you cast Totemic and coin Evolve you could easily end up with a 3 drop, a 3 drop, a 4 drop, and a 4 drop on turn 3. Imagine having an Arcane Golem, an Ironfur Grizzly, a Tomb Pilager , and Chillwind Yeti on your board at the end of turn 3. 16 attack on the board on turn 3. And you can get better rolls than that. I just mixed it up a bit. Answer that how exactly? Can't wait to see it. Sea giant Evolve Shaman zoo inc.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wtf, trying to do the brawl and I have a 19min wait time for finding a game.
Just close hearthstone and log back in, had same thing happen to me and that fixed it.

7-0 this brawl to finish my quests. 1 War 4 Rogue 2 Mage. I like it a lot better than the Portals one, tons more strategy, even though there's still tons of randomness.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What huge undercosted overload creatures? There's not that many. And if you build an Evolve deck with a bunch of Overload minions you're just an idiot. You'd use it with lots of smaller minions and minions that summon other minions like Tuskarr Totemic etc. Who says you have to play Evolve with "a bunch of undercosted Overload creatures" ? That logic makes no sense. My bet is on Evolve being godly. It allows you to make favorable trades and then heal up AND upgrade your entire board by an entire turn for a single mana. It is insane. I guarantee you Evolve will manifest into Shaman zoo.
It's bonkers. It's the definition of tempo. It may as well be called "Time Walk". Because that's basically what it does. So many very easy scenarios to pull off by turn 3 or 4, and lets not even get into late game when you have way more minions on board and can trade/heal up etc. You only need 2 minions on the board for it to give you a pretty big swing, and any more than that and you are in amazing shape. And with it costing a single mana, you always have room to cast it. If you have a 2 drop on your board on turn 3 and you cast Totemic and coin Evolve you could easily end up with a 2 drop, a 3 drop, a 4 drop, and a 4 drop on turn 3. Imagine having an Arcane Golem, a random 3/2 2 drop and a yeti plus another decent 4 mana minion on your board at the end of turn 3. 15 attack on the board on turn 3. Answer that how exactly? Can't wait to see it. Sea giant Evolve Shaman zoo inc.
Oh man I hope you are right, that sounds fun as fuck and I want to grind shaman but its ass. Aggro version is annoying to play, too all or nothing for my tastes.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of how it doesn't work into face or midrange or dragon shaman. I suppose it might work in bloodlust/totem shaman. But the idea of making favorable trades and healing/upgrade applies more to arena than constructed, where typically the shaman build a board, it gets cleared and they are stuck because they don't have warlocks draw power. Or they lose because face decks ignore your board, or... Well you've played shaman in the past two years!

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's bonkers. It's the definition of tempo. It may as well be called "Time Walk". Because that's basically what it does. So many very easy scenarios to pull off by turn 3 or 4, and lets not even get into late game when you have way more minions on board and can trade/heal up etc. You only need 2 minions on the board for it to give you a pretty big swing, and any more than that and you are in amazing shape. And with it costing a single mana, you always have room to cast it. If you have a 2 drop on your board on turn 3 and you cast Totemic and coin Evolve you could easily end up with a 2 drop, a 3 drop, a 4 drop, and a 4 drop on turn 3. Imagine having an Arcane Golem, a random 3/2 2 drop and a yeti plus another decent 4 mana minion on your board at the end of turn 3. 15 attack on the board on turn 3. Answer that how exactly? Can't wait to see it. Sea giant Evolve Shaman zoo inc.
I think you've miscounted here.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Oh man I hope you are right, that sounds fun as fuck and I want to grind shaman but its ass. Aggro version is annoying to play, too all or nothing for my tastes.
It'll be crazy for sure. Minions like Murloc Tidecaller that is 2 mana for a 2 mana minion and a 1 mana minion. Fencing Coach which is 3 mana plus free 1 mana totem plus the many other minions that summon other minions will make it happen. But that will just be one variant. The best version will just mirror Warlock zoo with the addition of Evolve.

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Trying to do the brawl and getting a crazy long queue
rrr_img_131635.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
jesus fucking christ druid cannot get nerfed soon enough. Nothing like getting comboed for 40 damage because you finally weren't able to keep the board clear for a turn.

Column_sl

shitlord
I wonder if we will see any Nozdormu play since it can come out a turn before Yogg effectively tieing up it's effects.

That shit was crazy in the stream today. He got off about 6-7 spells before the rope...

norp

Bronze Squire
Really excited for Standard format next week. Anyone think C'thun warrior will be actually good, or is the payoff too low? I mean you get some pretty bad minions, but the 7 mana gain 10 armor guy and C'thun seem like pretty incredible payoffs. Considering you only really need to cast 2 dudes that give C'thun +2/+2 to get value, it seems actually legit.