Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's how arena is now too. First 2 arenas I did meh and then I realized how little AoE's where showing up and I up'd my 2 drop picks from 5 to 8 and now I just roflstomp with every class.

Jesus I've climbed from rank 18ish to rank 7 today with like maybe 1 loss thanks to this Yshaarj Ramp.
Wait, you weren't picking ~8 2 drops before WoG? What was your curve pre-WoG?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
jesus fucking christ shaman is so broken. I find it fucking hysterical that blizzard talks about nerfing burst damage but has no problem with zoo and shaman being able to do thousands of damage from hand.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wait, you weren't picking ~8 2 drops before WoG? What was your curve pre-WoG?
8 2 drops before WoG was way too much. 1-2 1 drops and 5-6 2 drops. Ideally you get 2 1 drops like a Zombie Chow and an Abusive Sergeant or Worgen Infiltrator and 5 good quality 2 drops. Mind you, I don't play Hunter/Priest/Warrior or usually Shaman in Arena. You need less 2 drops with most of the other classes. But 5-6 2 drops is pretty/was pretty standard. Now you can go crazy though without all that AoE showing up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh for anyone still playing my fatigue warrior list, I figured out how to improve the n'zoth matchup. You save a doomsayer and a way to kill his sylvanas (shield slam or execute+activator) and then just give him your doomsayer. Now obviously it's not always possible to save hard removal to the very end of the game, especially against rogue, but having that third board clear available lets you be more aggressive with your brawls. In fact, tossing a brawl can be a really good way to bait out N'Zoth when you have the doomsayer+removal ready to go.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
8 2 drops before WoG was way too much. 1-2 1 drops and 5-6 2 drops. Ideally you get 2 1 drops like a Zombie Chow and an Abusive Sergeant or Worgen Infiltrator and 5 good quality 2 drops. Mind you, I don't play Hunter/Priest/Warrior or usually Shaman in Arena. You need less 2 drops with most of the other classes. But 5-6 2 drops is pretty/was pretty standard. Now you can go crazy though without all that AoE showing up.
Oh , I usually count 1 drops worth taking as 2 drops.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, and in arena abusive sergeant isn't a real 1 drop anyways. You're looking to combo that, unless you're bad, then go ahead and drop it or arcane missiles on turn 1

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So n'zoth pally does seem indeed strong, I've only played 8 games w/ paladin for quests since wotog hit and won 7 of them. One loss was to a dragon priest while I had a poor start.

I'm glad I didn't de my golden harvest golems from vanilla after gvg hit; they have been doing the lord's work against shaman and zoo.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So n'zoth pally does seem indeed strong, I've only played 8 games w/ paladin for quests since wotog hit and won 7 of them. One loss was to a dragon priest while I had a poor start.

I'm glad I didn't de my golden harvest golems from vanilla after gvg hit; they have been doing the lord's work against shaman and zoo.
Yeah Nzoth Paladin is insane. They can take such a beating and they have so much removal and they have so many bombs and then those bombs come back? Fuckin' hell. I've only played against one with my Yshaarj ramp and I thought I was done for sure, but pulled off a close victory. Every other deck I've played against Nzoth Paladin with I've lost badly though. Those 2 Tirion bombs are so hard to cope with, mainly just the 5 damage to the face 6 times.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just saw this deck on Hearthpwn:[80% WR] Sigmas Dreamrattle Paladin! [Short guide included!] - Hearthstone Decks

So damn close to my original Dragon Paladin/N'Zoth deck. My latest revisions look much different, but comparing to original version, this deck has

-2x Equality
-1x Ulduman
-Deathwing Dragonlord
-Chromaggus

+1x Forbidden Healing
+2x Selfless Hero
+1x A Light in the Darkness
+Ragnaros Lightlord

Really surprised about the 0 Equality but the Selfless Hero has been a sleeper OP card for Paladin. Goes to show only takes a few cards to make a deck work. Granted, my version was ultra greedy with Chrommagus & Deathwing, but, yea
biggrin.png

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I never thought of Selfless Hero as a "sleeper". I mean its stats are ridiculous. It's 1 fucking mana. It's not like it's a surprise that a 1 mana minion with vanilla stats and an amazing deathrattle is great. It just needed to find the right list.

I can't believe I've spent ~16,000+ dust on this expansion lol. I thought Standard would make the barrier for entry easier for people like my gf who started playing about 8 months ago, but she is like 4 expensive cards short from any list out there right now and she already spent 4,000+ dust. You need so much from this expansion to play in standard.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Haha omfg that was amazing. Is that the same guy that does the SC2 cartoons? Seems similar, but I haven't seen any of his videos in ages and the channel looks different.

Tried that Dragon list. Pretty damn good. I've ironically only played against 2 Priests so far though and they were both dragon priests. Drew a great hand first game and slaughtered, drew an awful hand 2nd game and slaughtered. I'm currently rank 8 tho. That single Light in the Darkness is actually very important. Edit: 7-0. Beat 2 Miracle Rogues and a Patron Warrior as well as some kind of Mage and a Healadin Nzoth. Rank 6 now. This is the first deck I've ever been happy to get Dream from Ysera haha. Casting Nzoth and then Dream on Nzoth straight away is pretty nice. So far I have literally dominated every single game. P.S. What's up with all of the miracle rogues? But yea so far this deck has win streaked me from 8 to 6. It's pitting me against rank 3's now though fuckin hell. Glad to know a silenced Cairne still comes back with Nzoth.
My Nzoth is better than your Nzoth mister.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Different guy, the guy who does the sc2 cartoons and does other cartoons for blizzard now is Carbots Animation.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
My first loss. What a lucky mother fucker. The new tempo Mage ain't half bad. Ethereal Conjurer and the 6 mana dude really hold up. This deck has a hard time against Sylvannas and Rag. Might toss in a Spellbreaker or BGH.

This other game was crazy. I guess he was a fatigue warrior? But he was running Frothing Berserker. His Golden Monkey got him several bombs.

So yeah basically in conclusion to that decklist: it rocks. I am like 9-1 and the loss was just barely and very lucky. I've come back from some amazing shit. Lots of Brawls fucking me over and Sylvannas etc, but you have a ton of fuel. I thought I'd be dead in this game after playing Nzoth and getting Brawled, but held out and I beat the fatigue warrior at fatigue by a longshot. I've played just about everything except against ramp. Fucking 1 game away from rank 5 and I lose to a Pirate Warrior. It is crazy to me that when you are on a win streak you can be 1 win away from a new rank and getting a loss means it'll take another 3 wins. I must say, I don't know what a few of you are on about saying this is such an unhealthy meta. I've been playing ranks 10-3 all day (played against rank 3's) and have faced at least 7 different types of decks/classes in those ranks.

Miracle Rogue
Tempo Mage
Nzoth Rogue
Nzoth Healadin
Shaman Aggro
Warlock Zoo
Pirate Warrior
Fatigue Warrior
Patron Warrior
Ramp Druid
Dragon Priest
Cthun misc.

Those are just some of the unique distinct decks I've played against today. How is that an unhealthy meta? That is every class except for Hunter represented. (Edit: Now played and lost against a Hunter at rank 5). That's crazy. I can't recall a meta ever that distinct. Granted I haven't ever really played constructed until now unless you count beta, but I read the forums and shit. When has there been so many different types of viable decks at rank ~5?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My girlfriend and I played a Webspinner Tavern Brawl match last night.

My final turn consisted of dropping a Stampeding Kodo to blow up 1 minion, clearing her board with my others, taking her to 1hp, and finally dropping a Poison Seeds to blow up my board including Fiery Bat for the kill-shot.

Hilarious. She was like WTF just happened?!?!

Loyang_sl

shitlord
Fun and different warlock deck.

2 x coil
2 x pwelming
2 x dark peddler
2 x doomsayer
1 x shadow bolt
Brann
2 x earthen ring farseer
2 x hellfire
2 x shadowflame
2 x refreshment vendor
2 x twilight drake
2 x faceless
leeroy
2 x siphon soul
emperor
Sylvannas
Rag/Cho gall (flex spot)
2 x mountain giant

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Been playing my own variant of reno / cthun rogue up the ladder until the meta kicks in and i need something better, and its genuinely provided me with some of the most hilarious rng/fun ive experienced since I started playing. Such as: shifter zerus being an absolute champ and morphing into the secrets eater minion against freeze mage, or a taunt when i really needed one against zoo, basically has been on point nearly every single game. Or one time when facing a mage yogg deck where we were into fatigue, opponent pays yogg for the win and somehow did yogg not only manage to summon a beast, but he also managed to cast a spell on the SINGLE beast out of the other six normal minions on board that meant he opponent drew a card (only draws if cast on a beast), into fatigue, and lost the game when I was going to lose to fatigue damage if my turn started. Amazing.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol finally downloaded decktracker since I figure I'm at a disadvantage without it if I'm actually trying to climb. What a lifechanger. It's like when I was too lazy to download ABP and finally did.

What are the numbers on your opponent's cards? At first I thought it was how many turns that card has been in their hand, but that's not it. Some also have a red M?

What a relief. Finally rank 5. Went from rank 8 to 5 with the dragonrattle list. I believe I was 14 or 15 wins and 3 losses.