Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Top .25% are legend players. Many games on the way to legend last season were against ranks 300-1200 and I just faced a rank 5 at rank 11 last night so I know I'm still in the top 1% right now. If your argument is you need the top .02%, or in other words the top 200 players, to successfully pilot the deck to have a favorable match up that is still going against what that data says.

And again, I only mention it because it is so far off base. If I had like a 50-60% win rate against the deck when the data says I should have ~42% win rate I'd chalk it up to bad players/good luck. But I'm talking a 90% win rate when the data says it should be around 42 or w/e, that's way more than just bad players/good luck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Top .25% are legend players. Many games on the way to legend last season were against ranks 300-1200 and I just faced a rank 5 at rank 11 last night so I know I'm still in the top 1% right now. If your argument is you need the top .02%, or in other words the top 200 players, to successfully pilot the deck to have a favorable match up that is still going against what that data says.

No, I'm saying it's a hard deck to pilot and even at rank 0.000000001% there can easily be mistakes. I watched Kolento lose like 5+ in a row with it one day. The fact it's a difficult deck and still has 59% win rate against zoo in over 600 matches must mean it's NOT unfavorable.

Using that conclusion, you must have faced REALLY BAD OTK Warrior players or got really lucky to win 25 matches against it vs 2 losses.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its probably going to be very meta dependent how well you do with that deck if you're getting punished for playing combo too much. I can't imagine its a great choice with all the zoo and fast shamans myself. Haven't seen many personally.

Still, if it gets too popular Blizzard probably has to look at it. We know they despise 30+ from the hand in one turn decks. They should have just nerfed charge as a mechanic prior to the introduction of standard. Make it allow attacking only other minions on the turn it is played, maybe tweak the stats on a few charge cards and call it a day.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Using that conclusion, you must have faced REALLY BAD OTK Warrior players or got really lucky to win 25 matches against it vs 2 losses.
Thats my point, I don't think I'm that lucky, I think it's bad numbers.

And yeah famm, I think chances are high it gets nerfed. They have nerfed too many otk combos now to suddenly not nerf this one would have to be a big change in design philosophy of the game. But then again we also didn't have seasons at the time so I guess there are other ways to combat it (even though all the combo cards are vanilla). Then again, et will be rotating out so maybe they will just go that route.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
While it's possible the data is entered incorrectly (although I have to assume it's automated which would mean there's a bug there somewhere specifically for that matchup, I guess?) it's way more likely that a data set of 600 is more accurate than a loosely tracked data set of 25(ish).

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thats my point, I don't think I'm that lucky, I think it's bad numbers.

And yeah famm, I think chances are high it gets nerfed. They have nerfed too many otk combos now to suddenly not nerf this one would have to be a big change in design philosophy of the game. But then again we also didn't have seasons at the time so I guess there are other ways to combat it (even though all the combo cards are vanilla). Then again, et will be rotating out so maybe they will just go that route.

People that participate in the data gathering for VS(it's automated via a program) are a small subset of the people willing to try OTK warrior. I could totally see the people gathering data being more skilled than the average HS player. Especially since the HS community follows trends without reason. What's this streamer playing? Let's all play it! Streamer picks out highlights, makes it look good, when it's actually a unforgiving deck and quite the stinker in most hands. Your opponents have been "most hands".

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
While it's possible the data is entered incorrectly (although I have to assume it's automated which would mean there's a bug there somewhere specifically for that matchup, I guess?) it's way more likely that a data set of 600 is more accurate than a loosely tracked data set of 25(ish).
This.
25 is still a very small sample size. You may also be a lot better with zoo then the average player. 90% winrate is unheard of for any deck. The best matchup any deck has, over time, seems to be about 65%. You could lose 5 games in a row and drop your winrate to 70ish%. Play another 100 games with the deck in that matchup and then tell us you still are averaging over 70%.

Also, I think we are looking at the 'difficulty' of OTK warrior wrong. In lower tiers, I'd say the OTK warrior deck can win a lot of games because their opponents are bad and the person playing the OTK deck has spent time learning how to play it properly. They probably win a lot of games off their opponent making one key mistake that you may not be making at higher ranks.

I'm confident their data is correct, within the standard deviation margin of error, so you have to figure out why your results seem to be different.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Control warriors are running double revenge again, I don't like it.

And control warrior vs freeze mage is at least 90% win rate.

I will concede maybe I've just been really lucky and my opponent's charge was in their bottom 12 cards a lot.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Game down again? I can't even get to us.battle.net

EDIT Of course the second I post this I can, still laggy tho

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Wondering if I should even bother trying to play

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Night elves wouldn't exist in the Eastern Kingdoms when Medivh was young!
636057364096650209.png

Has anyone managed to install Hearthstone on a Shield TV or similar device? I want to play on my TV without having to stream it from my computer. I know the Shield TV is powerful enough if my Nexus 5 can handle it.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol, the effort they took on those numbers is hilarious, looks like you copy and pasted them yourself.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Actually, you don't even need KT technically. Taunt + Mass Dispel on a full board will make the AI unable to summon more minions and the existing ones will be unable to attack. KT + Taunt is just to exploit stupid AI until you can get all of the AI's taunt minions silenced.

Throw in some Lightwardens and Holy Champions and CoH for stupid amounts of damage.

Blingtron 3000 is also worth considering if you can't stabilize your board and the AI's weapon is too high.

Derp, Swordsman are base 1/1...KT still needed.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Actually, you don't even need KT technically. Taunt + Mass Dispel on a full board will make the AI unable to summon more minions and the existing ones will be unable to attack. KT + Taunt is just to exploit stupid AI until you can get all of the AI's taunt minions silenced.

Throw in some Lightwardens and Holy Champions and CoH for stupid amounts of damage.

Blingtron 3000 is also worth considering if you can't stabilize your board and the AI's weapon is too high.

Derp, Swordsman are base 1/1...KT still needed.

It runs enter the colliseum, so it'll clear it's board at some point

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Famm will like this card art
636058230648245953.png

As for it's efficacy...meh? Seems like mixing tribes is a good way to be mediocre with all of them.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently if you do over 1000 damage it just dies :( I think I was on course for like 1500, but it died when I hit 1033

• 1Like