Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bored this morning and thought I'd go over some of the predictions I made before standard came in.

Miracle rogue dominance: Eh, I was a little bit right, miracle rogue was really strong for a month or two. If I predicted this before the blade flurry nerf then it isn't really my fault, if it was after the nerf then I misjudged very badly

Freeze mage very strong: Well I hedged this prediction on the guess that warrior would be too popular for freeze mage to do well, and I was right on that point, but I honestly don't think freeze mage would be doing well even if warrior was barely played. I badly misjudged how much losing mad scientist would slow the deck down.

Zoo and aggro shaman everywhere: Well this prediction was basically shooting fish in a barrel.

Twilight summoner: I remember a bit of argument about this card and I was right, it sucks and is hardly played at all.

New hogger: Meh, my prediction for this was basically the same as troggzor and I was wrong in the same way, he's just a little bit too slow for the meta.

C'thun: Time has mostly proven me right in that C'thun decks are just too slow for the meta, but I didn't think C'thun decks would work nearly as well as they did.

Cabalist's tome: Thought this would be great but I didn't account for mage regressing almost all the way to pre-naxx levels of bad, and the meta is too fast.

Cho'gall: Meh. Thought this would be a staple but Renolock fell almost completely out of the meta.

My meta predictions before TGT were much better, I didn't do so well this time.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I just don't understand how shaman continues to not be nerfed. It's just retarded.

The class has the best 2, 3 and 4 drop minions. It has the best nukes, both AE and single target. And on top of them already having the best AE nuke, they give them another disgusting one. Goes without talking about how good hex is. How nuts Doomhammer is when Rockbiter'ed etc.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bored this morning and thought I'd go over some of the predictions I made before standard came in.

Miracle rogue dominance: Eh, I was a little bit right, miracle rogue was really strong for a month or two. If I predicted this before the blade flurry nerf then it isn't really my fault, if it was after the nerf then I misjudged very badly

Freeze mage very strong: Well I hedged this prediction on the guess that warrior would be too popular for freeze mage to do well, and I was right on that point, but I honestly don't think freeze mage would be doing well even if warrior was barely played. I badly misjudged how much losing mad scientist would slow the deck down.

Zoo and aggro shaman everywhere: Well this prediction was basically shooting fish in a barrel.

Twilight summoner: I remember a bit of argument about this card and I was right, it sucks and is hardly played at all.

New hogger: Meh, my prediction for this was basically the same as troggzor and I was wrong in the same way, he's just a little bit too slow for the meta.

C'thun: Time has mostly proven me right in that C'thun decks are just too slow for the meta, but I didn't think C'thun decks would work nearly as well as they did.

Cabalist's tome: Thought this would be great but I didn't account for mage regressing almost all the way to pre-naxx levels of bad, and the meta is too fast.

Cho'gall: Meh. Thought this would be a staple but Renolock fell almost completely out of the meta.

My meta predictions before TGT were much better, I didn't do so well this time.
The rogue prediction was before we found out what the nerfs were. I can't remember if we thought blade flurry was on the nerf list, but I think people were figuring if it was, they would increase the mana cost by 1 or remove the hero damage, certainly no one expected both and a second increase mana cost.

Holy fuck, so many try hards at the end of the month.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I slacked hardcore this month so now I'm stuck tryharding for rank 5. Was streaking pretty well then I got to rank 6 and hit a wall. Super annoying.

• 1Solidarity

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Total newb at this. Started yesterday and just now finished the starter "Beat all the classes" quest. So any tips on how to proceed, should I level up all the classes to 10, pick just one or two now and stick with them for a while ...

I've only played as the Mage still.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Total newb at this. Started yesterday and just now finished the starter "Beat all the classes" quest. So any tips on how to proceed, should I level up all the classes to 10, pick just one or two now and stick with them for a while ...

I've only played as the Mage still.

If you can spare some bills, buy the Adventures with money. There are 3 Adventures that can be purchased, they all have cards that can be useful and don't require saving dust or randomly receiving from packs. If you can't buy all 3 then you probably want League of Explorers or Blackrock Mountain as Karazhan is a bit early to tell how much will see meta play.

Expect to be at a severe disadvantage for a long while if you aren't dropping money.

Regarding packs, Classic packs will be worth much more at first simply because they never go out of style.

You'll want to play Standard mode simply because Wild has many OP cards from expansions and adventures you won't be able to collect (will take way too long to catch up).

Best strategy is focus on collecting cards for 1 or 2 meta decks. Disenchant cards from classes you won't play at first. Right now Priest, Rogue and Paladin seem to be bottom tier and Mage isn't far off.

Hunter and Shaman currently have some of cheapest decks, though they are very aggro oriented, not fun to play as or against, but can get you ranking up if that's your desire.

Expect to lose a ton if you try deckbuilding. There is no shame in netdecking.

Arena is a whole other ballgame, requires 150 gold, but you can recoup the loss with a measly 3 wins. Infinite arena requires 7+ wins. Arena is a great way to get introduced to the game but if you 0-3 out a bunch then it might seem like a waste. It doesn't require you to have a collection and you'll be offered cards that are in both Standard and Wild... which might be confusing. You are guaranteed a pack even if you 0-3, so at worse you lose like 50 gold, but gain knowledge.

Legendaries are very expensive and not always the best use of dust. I actually recommend getting most of the Epics for a deck before any Legendaries. Epics are often much more versatile and used in more decks. Hunter and Shaman have decks which use no Legendaries atm.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So Sunday I was Rank 9, now I'm Rank 2 with the Shaman deck I posted. FINALLY got Golden Shaman today. I would try getting Legend but just don't have the time. Maybe if I started the grind a day or 2 earlier it would have been feasible. Really loving the deck though, surprised it got me so far in only 2.5 days.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ugh, this might be the first season where I just say fuck it and stop short of 5. Really need to get this shit done at least a week in advance.

• 1Solidarity

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I got 5 on EU before getting derailed by life and missing days on USA. So after losing to the 5th Yogg in a row today I just started playing for fun. Had a lot of good C'thun druid games at 7.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got 5 on EU before getting derailed by life and missing days on USA. So after losing to the 5th Yogg in a row today I just started playing for fun. Had a lot of good C'thun druid games at 7.

Yeah this is how today has been for me, except I'm getting assfucked by my own goddamn fucking faggot yoggs.

*edit*

Doesn't matter what I play, as soon as I string some wins together the game immediately matches me into bad matchups. This stupid fucking game is such trash.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
in my perfect world hearthstone has a sideboard and matches are 2/3. In this game the rng is so wild and card games already have RNG, for this game to not have you play more then one game makes me sad. But they want quick play and shit so it was never in the mix.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just had a game wrapped up against an aggro shaman as tempo mage. Had him frozen to shut down doomhammer, and I was out of range of burn. Then he busts out leeroy. Literally the first and only fucking aggro shaman I have EVER FUCKING SEEN run leeroy.

Now I just lost to a rogue playing some dumbshit trash egg/deathrattle deck but it didn't matter that his deck was complete trash because he god drew every single turn, including an 8/8 vancleef on turn 4.

• 2Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Stop at 10 and more than make up the lost dust by playing more arena. Unless you really want a random golden epic. Or just stop at 10, don't play arena. Golden epic just isn't worth the time and frustration.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's my own dumbass fault for waiting until the last minute again. I don't normally have much trouble at all hitting 5.

*edit*

DEEEEEERP forgot August has 31 days.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Lol.

I'm 7 stars from legend, probably not enough time to try for it but if i can pull off a lucky run maybe it'll happen.

• 1Solidarity

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So Sunday I was Rank 9, now I'm Rank 2 with the Shaman deck I posted. FINALLY got Golden Shaman today. I would try getting Legend but just don't have the time. Maybe if I started the grind a day or 2 earlier it would have been feasible. Really loving the deck though, surprised it got me so far in only 2.5 days.
Thats pretty quick, when I was steadily climbing with zoo I thought maybe I could hit legend by the end of the month, barely, if I played a lot over the weekend and I ended up hitting legend with 2-3 days left instead.

• 1Solidarity

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you can spare some bills, buy the Adventures with money. There are 3 Adventures that can be purchased, they all have cards that can be useful and don't require saving dust or randomly receiving from packs. If you can't buy all 3 then you probably want League of Explorers or Blackrock Mountain as Karazhan is a bit early to tell how much will see meta play.

Nice thanks this is very helpful. I was wondering the best way to spend the $$. I don't mind paying for content I'm using I just was a bit overwhelmed with it all. I'll get all 3 and I guess start with either Blackrock or League of Explorers and do that for a while.

For class, is this game very FOTM where they change power drastically and regularly? Any thoughts on the top 5 of 10? I liked the looks of: Mage, Shaman, Warrior, Hunter and Warlock. Any of those "EQ Ranger" level gimped? =p

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For class, is this game very FOTM where they change power drastically and regularly? Any thoughts on the top 5 of 10? I liked the looks of: Mage, Shaman, Warrior, Hunter and Warlock. Any of those "EQ Ranger" level gimped? =p

Far worse. The game is very flavor of the "6+ months where Blizzard completely refuses to acknowledge how overpowered a card/deck is"

And holy shit am I ever making some serious fucking rank 20 plays. Thrown multiple games away this morning just from making unbelievably retarded play mistakes.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Taho

N00b
Any thoughts on the top 5 of 10? I liked the looks of: Mage, Shaman, Warrior, Hunter and Warlock. Any of those "EQ Ranger" level gimped? =p
Shaman, warrior, warlock, and hunter are all solid right now. Warrior has like 4 or 5 viable archetypes, but the more control oriented decks are more expensive. Aggro shaman and mid shaman are both good. Zoolock seems to always be at least solid. I would recommend targeting a relatively cheap deck like zoo at first.

In response to your original question, yes, get all classes to 10 to unlock all the cards - it shouldn't take too long. I agree that if you are going to spend money, buy the adventures first. Then you can spend gold on packs or arena. Arena can help you to grow your collection quicker if you average more than like 3 wins per run. You also get to play with a lot of cards that you won't own. Also, do the tavern brawl each week for the free pack.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users