Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Meh... the meta is so fucking fast atm it's just barely any fun to play anything other than some hyper-aggro bullshit deck and try to ladder. Of all the classes that i've tried so far, rogue, and more specifically any iteration of miracle rogue, is the most fun thing to play, but if you want to play for fun, say goodbye to trying to ladder. Unless you can put in tons of hours and are very good. I'm neither good, nor do i have tons of hours to play.

I agree meta is fast... Here's a homebrew N'Zoth Shaman I made which got me from 9 to 4 with 1 loss in the past day or so:

swUNED.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, because playing against Miracle Rogue is so fun. Wait until turn 6 and watch them try to shit out their whole deck. At least with aggro you can interact from turn to turn. My eyes, they are rolled.

62188816.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Anyways, here's the rogue deck that i'm having fun with. Took out SI:7 Agent and Van Cleef, even though they're rogue deck staples, but this way i've ensured that basically every single Barnes summon is high quality.

I tossed in Yogg today just for shits n giggles (and Hail Marys), although i'd like to take him out and swap in Cairne. Went like 10:3 today between rank 13 and 11.

SACCjdu.png

Hey, hey... do wanna buy a funnel cake??

• 1Solidarity

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rogue really needs some love. I have every hero except rogue as golden so I've been trying to ladder up with various forms of miracle this season. I just can't make it work.

I usually hit rank 5 and call it a day, but with rogue I struggle to maintain rank 12. I feel the lack of healing combined with blade flurry nerf has completely gutted the class. Barnes doesn't do much to help the core issues with the class.

This late in the season, I've had to resort to playing hunter to hit rank 5 for the gold epic chest...
Yeah, sometimes you just get blown out, but then again miracle rogue can also blow people out of the water. 2 mana blade flurry might be dangerous as fuck in this deck. I've had the opportunity with this deck to maly/fok several times, but usually its not needed because you have to keep their board clear.

I was down to rank 11 fucking around and I'm back up to 6 now in short order just playing this deck so you may wanna give it a shot if you want to rank w/ rogue. I did replace sylvanas w/ an argent squire.

Questing adventurer can be quite strong in this silence-lite meta.

And back to rank 5 just to see if we could do it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't think I've bitched about standard in a while. Tuskarr totemic is the most faggoty bullshit card in the entire format.

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This game lol. Priest plays barnes which summons Nzoth. I lol at that shit and kill it. Turns out this fucker is playing some kind of butt rape kinky rez deck and and then Nzoth proceeds to get rezzed two more times in the next few turns. GG me.

• 1Solidarity

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Managed to go from rank 12 to rank 5 in half a day of playing midrange hunter. Not a fan of this meta at all.

Now I can go back to grinding golden rogue, which, compared with playing hunter or warrior feels like playing blindfolded.

• 1Solidarity

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can we sticky a list of cards Gav says sucks to the first post? I want to be able to see them all in one spot. :)

• 1Solidarity

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Can we sticky a list of cards Gav says sucks to the first post? I want to be able to see them all in one spot. :)
In this case, I think he is right though. Only 4 other deathrattles in the whole deck, and copying the huckster barely seems worth it for the hoops you jump through. Copying twilight summoner is sick, obv, just not sure how consistent that would be?

---------
So, I'm working towards saving up enough dust for another legendary.. I just made leeroy since it was only thing missing from an 'optimal' zoo list, and I'm missing too many legendaries for most of the control-ish decks.
That said, my 2nd choice behind leeroy was a tossup between Sylvanas or Fandral. While sylvanas goes into more decks, I'm missing a lot of other pieces for those types of decks, i.e. no cairne or bloodmage for a n'zoth deck. Whereas I have a decent c'thun druid fandral could potentially go into.

I've got all the adventure legendaries, ragnaros, leeroy, justicar, gruul, mukla, hallazeal, malkorok, twin emps, yogg, and n'zoth so far. Based on that, anyone got a suggestion for which one I should go for next?
Or, if it's easier: Sylvanas, Fandral, Antonidas, Rag the light, Tirion, Edwin VanCleef, Xaril, Grommash, Bloodmage, Cairne, Baron Geddon, Alexstraza, Malygos, Onyxia, Ysera, and Deathwing#1 are the only ones I think are worthwhile or getting played in any top decks at all. So, it's one of those for sure. Rest are practically worthless or just for fun decks, imo.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have tried a lot of deathrattle rogue. Raptors were sort of ok before nerubian egg and creeper rotated out because it was much easier to play them on curve.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've got all the adventure legendaries, ragnaros, leeroy, justicar, gruul, mukla, hallazeal, malkorok, twin emps, yogg, and n'zoth so far. Based on that, anyone got a suggestion for which one I should go for next?
Or, if it's easier: Sylvanas, Fandral, Antonidas, Rag the light, Tirion, Edwin VanCleef, Xaril, Grommash, Bloodmage, Cairne, Baron Geddon, Alexstraza, Malygos, Onyxia, Ysera, and Deathwing#1 are the only ones I think are worthwhile or getting played in any top decks at all. So, it's one of those for sure. Rest are practically worthless or just for fun decks, imo.

If you plan to play a lot of Druid then go Fandral but if you want more options go Sylvanas. You can have a decent N'Zoth deck with just Sylvanas and some non-Legends but don't even need to be in N'Zoth deck. Sylvanas works in so many decks.

The big ones you want: Sylvanas, Tirion, Thalnos. If you don't like Paladin then you can nix Tirion for now. Whenever Paladin comes into the meta he's a must-have though. Focus on neutrals unless you really like a class. Warriors don't need Gromm atm otherwise I'd have included him, too.

Cairne is hitting a peak right now but still niche.
Xaril/Edwin can be ignored until Rogue is better.
Antonidas is nice but not necessary.
All the 9 mana Dragons are niche atm, but Onyxia can fit in Yogg Druid really well.

I really think you need Sylvanas.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Taho

N00b
Enzee, I would lean towards Sylvanas, Tirion, Grommash, or some other classic legendary that won't rotate out. Sylvanas was a good card before Nzoth and continues to be since silence is so rare these days.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Sylvanas by a mile. One of the best free win mechanisms in the game. Can fit in almost every deck.

• 1Solidarity

Origin

Molten Core Raider
If you plan to play a lot of Druid then go Fandral but if you want more options go Sylvanas. You can have a decent N'Zoth deck with just Sylvanas and some non-Legends but don't even need to be in N'Zoth deck. Sylvanas works in so many decks.

The big ones you want: Sylvanas, Tirion, Thalnos. If you don't like Paladin then you can nix Tirion for now. Whenever Paladin comes into the meta he's a must-have though. Focus on neutrals unless you really like a class. Warriors don't need Gromm atm otherwise I'd have included him, too.

Cairne is hitting a peak right now but still niche.
Xaril/Edwin can be ignored until Rogue is better.
Antonidas is nice but not necessary.
All the 9 mana Dragons are niche atm, but Onyxia can fit in Yogg Druid really well.

I really think you need Sylvanas.

Pretty much everything Ravishing said here.

I've crafted and dissed a bunch of legendaries in the past while. Sylvanas being the MVP - i'd say. Rag in close second.

I take that back. I'd say Bloodmage is the MVP, kuz i use him in practically every single deck. Rag second, Sylvanas third.

I tried the druid decks, heavy token, Yogg, Yoggless etc., i wasn't feeling it. But if you enjoy druid, Fandral is a must.

My two most recent legendaries are Vancleef and Antonidas and truthfully i regret making either. Should have made Cairne instead. As listed above, i don't even use Edwin in my rogue deck due to the meta having so much easy removal. Nothing worse than getting my 8/8+ Edwin hexed by an aggro shaman.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Aggro shaman ruins everything because it isn't fun to play as or against. It's not that it has no bad matchups, because it has two big ones (Zoo and Warrior) it's only that it's bad matchups aren't very fun to play either. Everything is pretty obvious.

• 1Solidarity

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea.. I DO play a good amount of druid (c'thun druid, zoolock, and yogg mage being my 3 'completed' decks I use in ladder), but I knew sylvanas is more flexible overall. Either way, she was going to be one of the next 2, just wasnt sure on the order. I would love to make some control decks (I think my mtg background makes me play everything more like a control deck then I should), but I'm missing so many of the key pieces. No brawls for control warrior, for example.

But, even so, seems sylvanas is still just the most efficient use of my dust.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Random guy on the internet I accepted friendship request from months ago is now rank 7 Legend.

IgHXOG.jpg

• 1Solidarity