<Bronze Donator>
Got a Hunter quest so decided to do that Barns/Yshaarj trick... first game:

3dl7d6.png

aW73zB.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
After facing 10 smorc in a row I swap decks and then run into control.....every....fucking....time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The hunter Barnes deck is actually pretty interesting. It's got the nuts Barnes draw for a likely win on like turn 5 and you typically want to mull exclusively for Barnes or tracking to find Barnes. But even outside the combo, playing with near 0 minions makes a lot of dead cards for your opponent, and you kind of just sit there trying to maximize hero power and clear the board for an eventual kill command or call of the wild win after attrition wears them down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Explain it to me, please: If you only have Yshaarj and Barnes for minions; Barnes summons a 1/1 Yshaarj, the 1/1 summons the 10/10, and then what?

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Explain it to me, please: If you only have Yshaarj and Barnes for minions; Barnes summons a 1/1 Yshaarj, the 1/1 summons the 10/10, and then what?

Then you probably won because your opponent can't deal with a 3/4, 1/1, and 10/10 on turn 4

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem with my barnes/thaurissan/ysaarj idea is that if barnes gets ysaarj and ysaarj gets thaurissan, thaurissan doesn't trigger, which is so much lost value that it's pretty much a guaranteed loss.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i played the deck for quite a while the past few days, it's fun but not quite as consistent as regular midrange hunter. Your odds of getting the combo are about 33%, the rest of the 66% of the time trap hunter just doesnt quite work as well as midrange. Even on the 33% you have to pray for no poly, SW: death, hex, slam/execute, etc.

And fuck me, the goddamn amount of times my cat trick has gone off only to be killed by arcane missiles.... ugh

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I actually am running a highmane in addition to yshaarj right now and it feels a lot more reliable.

I don't think it's a tier 1 deck or anything, but it amuses me to run a nearly minionless list that has a 1/3 chance of collecting some sweet sweet salty tears when they think I luck sacked them with barnes.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My opinion on Prince is that, generally, he's not very good. He dilutes decks too much and the chances of getting a Legendary that isn't useful is pretty high. When you get right down to it there really aren't a lot of general purpose Legendary cards (Sylvanus comes to mind as being good in most situations). Most Legendary cards have decks that are tailored around them. So you pay Prince and simply dilute your deck even further.

With that said I played one extremely annoying Warrior whose sole goal was to win by fatigue using Prince to buffer his own deck. Nothing is less fun than 30 minute grind fests when your opponent's win condition is to ensure the game actually goes that long and beat you with fatigue damage. I may despise aggro decks too but at least those games are fast.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I put him in my fatigue warrior list and I didn't even like him there. You just can't afford dead draws against aggro.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kripp seems to like it. But I think his criteria for liking a card is if it produces him some youtube highlights in constructed. More arena kripp!

Want a legendary in your deck? Put in there instead of hoping Malchezaar will give you more than one non-shitty legendary. This actually should be pretty easy to math out. See which legendaries you want in your deck or are already in your deck. If the chance of Malchezaar giving you more than one legendary you actually want is decently high, I guess use him. My guess is only wallet warrior would succeed in that check.

Otherwise, he's almost always just a pit fighter that delays cycling through your deck.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been trying Mal and haven't come up with a decent deck yet but I'm convinced he's similar to Elise, meta just might be a tad too fast atm. A lot of people are going the long drawn out fatigue/control game but I've been theorizing a more draw/early game deck with Elise too, those bad legends can become other legends!

5 more cards means heavy draws aren't as detrimental. Still, heaven't experimented too much other then him sucking in Fatigue war and reno mage.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've been trying Mal and haven't come up with a decent deck yet but I'm convinced he's similar to Elise, meta just might be a tad too fast atm. A lot of people are going the long drawn out fatigue/control game but I've been theorizing a more draw/early game deck with Elise too, those bad legends can become other legends!

5 more cards means heavy draws aren't as detrimental. Still, heaven't experimented too much other then him sucking in Fatigue war and reno mage.

I've been trying to make him work as well with minimal success. I think it's just finding a balance, and I really think Reno lock is the place but I'm not willing to try it since I have gold lock atm. I had a similar thought to you in trying to play him in a faster deck with cycle

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except golden monkey is a battlecry. You have absolute control over when you go into legendary mode. Bump his cost to 6 or 7 and make his ability a battlecry and he'd be playable.

Standard renolock already has issues with being able to keep up with aggro, apothecary really just isn't a suitable replacement for healbot. Adding dead draws to your deck just makes the aggro matchup even worse.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
One thing's for certain. Karazhan is the most lackluster adventure to date. Really no meta-defining stuff. Only Barnes seeing the most play as a compliment to existing decks.
LoE was so defining with 4 of the Legendaries really impacting deck building.
And Blackrock has Emperor which probably never should have been printed.

Karazhan has a bunch of fun cards in theory but getting them to work is difficult. One card I wanted to work was Moat Lurker but he's just too high a cost.

I was experimenting with Dragons and I think we'll see another rise of Dragon decks (outside Warrior). Book wyrm is pretty strong.
Only new meta deck atm seems to be Beast Druid.

Anyway... I'm focusing on Mage this month since about 140 wins till Golden, finished Shaman last Season. Only Mage and Rogue non-Goldens now.

I have like 4 Mage decks I'm working on atm, heres the Malchezar/Monkey deck which I played 1 game with, won, but doesn't mean much at rank 18. Mal gave me Ysera and Deathwing Dragonlord and I was against a Control Warrior... fuckin lol.

bJCrwz.jpg

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been trying to make him work as well with minimal success. I think it's just finding a balance, and I really think Reno lock is the place but I'm not willing to try it since I have gold lock atm. I had a similar thought to you in trying to play him in a faster deck with cycle
Hmmm...discard warlock can cycle through their deck pretty quickly, might be worth giving it a shot.

Of course miracle rogue, but they can't afford the dead draws.

Edit - Just decided to try it, first 3 games haven't went so well. First two every legendary I drew was a dead card. 3rd game I didn't draw any and was against a prince control warrior and he got both brawls with 24 cards remaining. All 3 games I was dying for a discard imp and never got one. And after 5 games I think I'm sold on Prince being complete trash.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there an easy way to copy decks? I want to keep the starter decks and just upgrade any cards that are obvious improvements.

• 1Like