upset at this tavern brawl

4th time now

*5th time now

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
That Barnes miracle rogue deck I posted the other day still holding up well though. Outside of those stupid rng losses I just posted win rate has been very solid. I did end up also removing malygos and added a loot hoarder because when you draw through the deck you're going to win most games and loot hoarder helps with that while malygos does not. Malygos did win me a game against a renolock yesterday just before I removed him, but lol @ anyone playing control on ladder right now. I had malygos in my opening hand like 4 consecutive games and had just had enough, he's flashy, but he's only really useful against control matchups and even they can still lose easily enough with a decent enough draw w/o maly.

Ran into a couple of malchezar decks today and its just too many dead draws against this deck, they never have all the answers they need in hand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
If you get a summoning stone off of medivhs staff... It procs again off the stone!

• 2Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
On the spell you cast that summoned the stone? i.e. cast a spell, medivh's staff summons stone, then stone summons another creature with same casting cost?? Yea.. that kind of timing has always confused me coming from MTG. It's like certain things go and look back to before they were summoned to see what happened, which makes very little sense when you are used to 'the stack'.

There's another minion that does something similar, can't remember right now, that was very unintuitive and screwed me over the first time. Or, one time I got a wild pyromancer off a spell like resurrect, and it also triggered it's deal 1 to everything I believe.

That reminds me, the other day in arena I realized imp-plosion doesn't summon any creatures if cast at a target with divine shield. I realize the wording does say it only summons based on how much damage is dealt, so it ends up dealing 0 to a minion with divine shield, but a spell like that in MTG would have defined X (x=2 thru 4) at the time of cast, so until I had it screw me over the first time I never noticed the difference in how it worked.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah pretty sure 99% of the game learned the divine shield/implosion interaction the hard way.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
T

Ran into a couple of malchezar decks today and its just too many dead draws, they never have all the answers they need in hand.

The final word on Malchezar really. I will have to try your deck out at some point. Rogue is one of the classes I need lots of playing time to get get to golden.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The final word on Malchezar really. I will have to try your deck out at some point. Rogue is one of the classes I need lots of playing time to get get to golden.

This is why the only deck I'm planning to seriously experiment with Malchezaar in is my fatigue warrior.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol, just lost to a hunter who's only minions were quite literally barnes and ysaarj and he had the barnes in hand turn 4.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Lol, just lost to a hunter who's only minions were quite literally barnes and ysaarj and he had the barnes in hand turn 4.
huh? Whats the point of playing ysaarj if he cant grab any other minions?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
he grabs himself. 3/4, 1/1 and 10/10 on turn 4.... gotta be terribly inconsistent though.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I imagine you run it as a lock and load deck and probably run barnes, ysaarj, and thaurissan.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I imagine you run it as a lock and load deck and probably run barnes, ysaarj, and thaurissan.
Thats a better idea, but yeah, it was just this.
he grabs himself. 3/4, 1/1 and 10/10 on turn 4.... gotta be terribly inconsistent though.
Ysaarj didn't pull anything out the following turn. I mean, they probably were still running lock and load, but I wouldn't know because of the turn 4 10/10 and no sap.

Also, cat trick is horrible for rogue.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
could have already had thaurissan in hand.

*edit*

survey says...malchezaar is trash even in my fatigue warrior list. Too many dead draws, even in a deck designed around surviving really slow draws. Maybe if you knew for sure you'd be getting matched up against other control decks.

Last edited:
  • 1Like