Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just lost two games in a row to firelands portal, first to an earth elemental and second to a summoning stone. I swear to god I would punch Ben Brode right in the goddamn face if I ever met him.

• 1Like
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Little knownst to you he'd be wearing a disruptor field pack giving him a 50/50 chance that you punch your own face.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing that hunter deck for awhile, and I posted it previously. Barnes is sick and you should not replace it, it's probably the best card behind CotW.

When it 'only' brings a vanilla 1/1 out, that's a 4/5 in stats spread over two bodies. Being spread over two bodies means it's harder for your opponent to clear both of them without AoE spells, it gets added benefit from direwolf and leokk, provides extra bodies for abusive targets, etc.. and that's in the worst case scenario. When it pops out a kindly grandmother or something, it's insane and often wins the game.

There also aren't any single legendaries that would improve that list as it currently stands. Sylvanas or N'zoth are the only things that would be decent, but then you'd just want to make a nzoth hunter list and change quite a few cards (such as taking out houndmaster). I also have a nzoth hunter list I posted before and it's quite solid as well, but this one has had a slightly higher winrate. I would play the nzoth list for fun when I got bored of this one.

Now, if you just want to mess around with a new list, by all means. However, if your goal is to keep a high winrate then I'd leave that list mostly alone. Changing out some of the numbers on cards if you want to skew towards beating certain decks is fine (i.e. swapping agent horserider out for another bow, changing # of argent squires/horserider/bow/deadly shot, etc..). In fact, the list I originally copied had 1 deadly shot, I bumped it to 2 and I'm guessing you might have copied the list I posted before? Or, that change is pretty common and you just found a similar list, either way you get the idea. But most of the other changes you've talked about would dramatically change the deck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Got rank five in HS a couple days ago so was trying out the Shadowverse game instead on the recommendation here. It's alright, I wouldn't really say it's better than hearthstone though, certainly a different approach. Although that's just from doing the arena since my collection isn't big enough to make constructed decks after just 12 hours.

Seems like replacing your hero power with a limited use +2/+2 +charge (for the most part sometimes the card will do additional stuff) just boils down to midgame charge fests trying to get the best value trades. Where hearthstone instead uses asymmetric hero powers which give you incremental value over time.

Although the different classes are way more distinct in Shadowverse beyond that.

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been playing that hunter deck for awhile, and I posted it previously. Barnes is sick and you should not replace it, it's probably the best card behind CotW.

When it 'only' brings a vanilla 1/1 out, that's a 4/5 in stats spread over two bodies. Being spread over two bodies means it's harder for your opponent to clear both of them without AoE spells, it gets added benefit from direwolf and leokk, provides extra bodies for abusive targets, etc.. and that's in the worst case scenario. When it pops out a kindly grandmother or something, it's insane and often wins the game.

There also aren't any single legendaries that would improve that list as it currently stands. Sylvanas or N'zoth are the only things that would be decent, but then you'd just want to make a nzoth hunter list and change quite a few cards (such as taking out houndmaster). I also have a nzoth hunter list I posted before and it's quite solid as well, but this one has had a slightly higher winrate. I would play the nzoth list for fun when I got bored of this one.

Now, if you just want to mess around with a new list, by all means. However, if your goal is to keep a high winrate then I'd leave that list mostly alone. Changing out some of the numbers on cards if you want to skew towards beating certain decks is fine (i.e. swapping agent horserider out for another bow, changing # of argent squires/horserider/bow/deadly shot, etc..). In fact, the list I originally copied had 1 deadly shot, I bumped it to 2 and I'm guessing you might have copied the list I posted before? Or, that change is pretty common and you just found a similar list, either way you get the idea. But most of the other changes you've talked about would dramatically change the deck.
Yeah, the deck is copy/pasted from: Midrange Hunter Deck List Guide (September 2016, Standard) - Season 30 - Hearthstone Top Decks

It's probably just selective memory and poor sampling. I played 22 games over the weekend. I had 9 losses, so it was a good progression. Of those 9 losses, half of them were times where I topdecked Barnes at 8+mana, and ended up with a draw that did nothing good. But given that I'm only talking from my recent experience, I'll stop stressing about Barnes, given the overwhelming recommendations so far.

Enz, since you're playing the deck, what are your thoughts on subbing out one of the two Abusives for a Tundra Rhino? Rhino does amazing things with kindly grandmother, the spiderwolf, the highmane, cotw or Animal Companion...

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I really like tundra rhino in that deck. Way more than 2nd sergeant. At 5 health its sticky and there's just so much that can happen with it out. The best being COTW of course.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Just had two games in a row where opponent played Yogg on a board with only my minions, Yogg Shadowstepped himself, then proceeded to wipe my board. Both games were pretty much over and i was well ahead.

I've been reading the various posts that HS heads are making (BB and the two other dudes) and i can't help but wonder if these people are retarded or what? They have a massive cashcow. The company must make tons of money off the game, yet they have retards like them heading the venture... I guess it makes sense though. I work for a corporation, albeit one that generally doesn't make a profit, and it's run by a bunch of halfwits that i wouldn't let scrub my toilet, kuz i'd be afraid they'd fuck something up.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I spent a lot of my dust and made a decent Control Warrior. Very fun deck for me because it's so different. Wow long game though vrs the Druid I just played. I had 20 armor at one point and I dont even have Justicar legendary yet.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I spent a lot of my dust and made a decent Control Warrior. Very fun deck for me because it's so different. Wow long game though vrs the Druid I just played. I had 20 armor at one point and I dont even have Justicar legendary yet.

Post the deck. :)

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Upcoming Balance Changes - Update 6.1.3

• Rockbiter Weapon goes from 1 to 2 mana
  • Tuskar Totemic can only summon basic (hero power) totems
  • Call of the Wild goes from 8 to 9 mana
  • Execute goes from 1 to 2 mana
  • Charge redesigned: 1 mana: give a friendly minion Charge. It can't attack heroes this turn.
  • Abusive Sargent goes from being a 2/1 to being a 1/1
  • Yogg Saron, Hope's End stops casting spells if it is destroyed, silenced, transformed, or returned to its owner's hand. In addition, Yogg Saron casting cards with Overload will lock the player's mana crystals*.

I like what they have done here.

• 1Like

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
My god they actually listened to the community!? Charge - get fucked, yogg - eat a dick, cotw - finally balanced.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should make that text change to ALL charge cards....like two years ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I should have ground out golden shaman wins with more gusto. I guess this shit could go live as soon as tomorrow or next week.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually think that the nerf to totemic was a bit harsh. I have no problem with the chance to get the occasional flametongue or mana tide, the only result that was actually outright broken was totem golem. The CotW nerf doesn't affect hunters very much, the execute change hits aggro warriors hard without really hurting control, and the charge change is just lulz because A: worgen otk isn't a very good deck and B: why the fuck did it take them this long to realize that charge is broken enough without the ability to give a creature charge.

I tentatively think Yogg is actually better now. I pretty much only ever cast Yogg hoping for a board clear, if he happens to also win me the game by giving me a broken board in the process, so much the better. The Yogg cycle stopping once he clears the board is preferable to me, I'd rather have the spells stop once the board is clear rather than risk pushing myself into fatigue or nuking myself into oblivion. I mean yeah now there's the chance that he just kills himself right away and you completely wasted your turn, but that's a pretty small chance among the millions of possibilities.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm torn on the execute mana increase, rest seems great.

Execute is definitely way too strong, the initial design of the card clearly considered the activation mechanic to be far more significant than it really was. Even at two mana its pretty good, not enough to kill it completely IMO but does take some of the sting out of it.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its really great how they are just going to let MC go and say fuck you to any semblance of wild balance pre-rotations. Even after rotations that shit might stay retarded. Its going to take multiple sets and even then it might stay broken, especially if they add more paladin secrets. Idiots.

• 1Like

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the best balance to tuskar would be to keep it the way it is but make it overload 2. That way you're getting 5 mana worth of stuff every time but sometimes you get 6 mana worth.

• 1Like