Hearthstone

Krag

Peasant
If anyone is still trying to hit 5 this month, I've been running into a lot of mid-range/control shaman and have been faring well against them with reno mage.
I played jade control shaman from 8 or so until I hit 5 since I was running into a truckload of aggro/mid shaman, pirates and rogues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anyone still disagrees that Hearthstone's mechanics are hamfisted as fuck after seeing something like this... Lol. Breaks so many common core CCG rules and orders of operation it is shocking. Not that I am surprised though, good ol' HS.

It works that way because of the specific wording of Djinni of Zephyrs. Wild Pyromancer does the exact same thing.

• 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't mind it, felt last week was worst. Although this week I did not receive a pack. It seems strange some weeks I do and some weeks I don't.

• 1Like

Krag

Peasant
I didn't mind it, felt last week was worst. Although this week I did not receive a pack. It seems strange some weeks I do and some weeks I don't.
Were you missing the Christmas card back? The way it was phrased on battle.net it sounded like you might only get a pack if you don't get the card back (i.e. if you already had it from last time). It seems pretty stupid (and petty) to me to not just give everyone the free pack whether they had the card back or not, but that could be the reason.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
4 damage is the lucky number, and creature boost cards to give your gift box attack so you can sacrifice it during your turn, taking it away from your opponent.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just did this week's brawl, good ole zoo seems best, you get all the gift boxes.

Lost the first game goofing off because I hadn't noticed the gift boxes have summoning sickness the turn they enter the board so just be aware of that. Also didn't remember how the brawl works, I was thinking whoever was in control of the gift box got the gift, but its whoever's turn it currently is, no matter which side they are on.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Pretty amusing interaction

This deck is really cool, but holy fuck, it's impossible to play. Casual mode, 6 games, 6 losses, and not fucking once did I draw all the combo pieces necessary. Most of the time you're dead before turn 6, even playing vs slow decks. Half the time you draw nothing but spells, the other half you draw all the wrong shit. It just reminded me why I hate combo decks, I just can't handle the lack of consistency in a game already plagued by horrendous RNG.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do they need to make the rewards for ladder considerably better? I used to rank to 5 because the rewards for legendary weren't worth the time lost playing arena. Then I made the same rationalizations for dropping down to 10 and then 15 last season. And I don't think I'm wrong even at 15.

Play arena to collect cards, play ladder to...? With that realization, the long term goal just becomes collecting cards which feels kinda shallow since nothing long term affects arena.

I guess there's golden portraits.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
For a long time I was working on golden heroes. I got down to just golden priest like 2-3 months ago, and pretty much stopped. I still play, but now I just try to find decks I enjoy (which is admittedly hard this expansion)

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Blizzard screwed the pooch with this expansion. When you have a core of three to five cards which are in every aggro deck, in standard and in wild, it pushes out two entire classes out of the meta, and the games end on turn 5 pretty consistently, it indicates pretty heavily that the meta is horrible.

I agree it's not really great to play with fun decks anymore, you just get stomped.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the more midrange Jade Shaman is still okay to play. I really like the Pirate Jade Rogue, it's just not that good. I think a lot of my problem is that I don't enjoy Reno decks. But yeah, the Pirate stuff being so good really skewed balance a lot.

I'm interested to see if they stick with their original statement of 2 expansions 1 adventure a year, or if we get an adventure next like it would have been in the past.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Do they need to make the rewards for ladder considerably better? I used to rank to 5 because the rewards for legendary weren't worth the time lost playing arena. Then I made the same rationalizations for dropping down to 10 and then 15 last season. And I don't think I'm wrong even at 15.

Play arena to collect cards, play ladder to...? With that realization, the long term goal just becomes collecting cards which feels kinda shallow since nothing long term affects arena.

I guess there's golden portraits.

That's where I'm at. Do arena runs, use hearthranger when I sleep, collect a few cards here and there and wait for a better game to come around. I have one legendary I want just for combo kicks with my golden priest. I have 3 goldens and two more soon. Might try to get druid closer with combo Kun C'thun until next expansion? Not much of value outside Arena for me. I do still try for level 10 but that's fairly easy in a few days.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't imagine it taking longer than 2-3 hours to hit 10 with a t1 deck the last week of the month.

• 1Like