Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Current stats with Quest Rogue & Decklist:

PERCENTAGES:
1.jpg

GAMES RECORDED:
2.jpg

I've also played quite a few games on a Tablet which aren't in these stats.

The main list I use now is version 1.2 which is:

Quest Rogue

Version 1.0 is the original RDU list with Bilefins instead of FoKs. I just found Bilefin to be a win-more card. He's only relevant if you finish quest, but if you can't finish then he's pretty useless. FoK is added cycle and can help clear tokens or do that extra 1 damage to a 6 health taunt, etc. If the card can't cycle or charge then he's useless imo. It's already a glass cannon deck, no reason we need taunts.

Version 1.1 was a test with FoK instead of Mimic Pod, and keeping Bilefins. Obviously it sucked. Mimic Pod is pretty clutch as you want dupes of almost everything (Vanish / Mimic Pod / Prep are the worst cards to dupe).

Version 1.3 is same list as 1.2 except -1 FoK for +1 Secret Eater. Mage is the #1 counter for the deck. You can see that even with Secret Eater, I'm 3-4 against Mage, but 43% win rate is still better than the other versions. If I feel like every match will be Mage then it's a viable option, but obviously win rate suffers against the field.

Overall, 58% win rate when you exclude version 1.1 record, and 67% with the main list. Deck is pretty damn powerful!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Its going to be nothing but aggro decks on ladder to counter rogue. Its will literary be pirate warrior, aggro hunter, aggro mage (the hemet variety maybe? shits hilarious) and maybe tempo priest since it often kills at turn 4-5 if board is not managed.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That Hemet mage is hilarious but people saying it's too inconsistent? I like the standard Freeze mage better I think. Aggro seems like it would wreck Hemet Mage, so if everyone is aggro it doesn't seem good.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anything involving Hemet is going to be inconsistent, it's 1 card out of 30 you have to draw.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Anything involving Hemet is going to be inconsistent, it's 1 card out of 30 you have to draw.
Exactly, but I guess the point is you don't NEED hemet to win either, inconsistent in that after Hemet you sometimes draw Pyro instead of Fireball/Firelands, so you have no turn 7 play...

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah its just one card. That deck wins without Hement fairly well too. Tempostorm has it as tier 2 without Hemet.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
We probably won't see a rogue quest nerf simply because its turning out to be the only quest worth playing.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We probably won't see a rogue quest nerf simply because its turning out to be the only quest worth playing.

lolwat

Did quest warrior already fall off at the high end or something? Because I'm doing just fine climbing the ladder with it.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was being a tad facetious. Warrior's still seems worth playing, but its not nearly game defining as the rogue quest/I do see people playing taunt warrior at high ranks without the quest. All the others are apparently not worth playing.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
At least half the people at rank 4-5 are quest warriors. Gross.

• 1Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Man I must just plain suck or really not get -it- with quest warrior. Both probably. I fucking flail like a pre-schooler playing that damn deck. Makes me feel like an idiot.

Oh and fuck the rogue quest some more.
Feels better..

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whoever said rogue quest is fine needs to be punched in the fucking throat.

I just raped a quest rogue with a lucky dirty rat pulling his bounce minion when it was at 3/4 on turn 4. On turn 5 he activated and prepped out the quest by playing a different minion 4 times. This faggoty bullshit is aidsy as fuck and I'd rather be playing against pirate warrior.

*edit*

That's twice now I've come to rant about some rogue quest bullshit and then been saved by a miracle topdeck. In this case he filled his board up for a drake+fishes combo, then when he effortlessly rebuilt his board again I topdecked a brawl for lethal.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Going 12-0 in arena for 250g, 1 pack, and 1 gold common, 1 gold rare, feels so fucking bad

Also mage op. 2x Flamestrike, Meteor, Glyph, and like 10 elementals including 3 of 4 mana 3/3 deal 2

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, I have a dumb question. How do you reset the rogue quest? I have read on the forums how players had to reset the quest and so on.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, I have a dumb question. How do you reset the rogue quest? I have read on the forums how players had to reset the quest and so on.

You just start bouncing a different minion, or playing your flame elementals. It tracks how many times all minions are played simultaneously.

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I'm fine with balance atm. There are many viable decks. This is a lot healthier than Pirate world.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So I cruised my way down to rank 8-9 with a quest priest. Then pretty much zoomed to 5 with tempo priest. And now slowly but surely moving to legend with a tempo mage deck. I also have a hunter deck that I enjoy when I want to smash shit, a handlock and a few more priest varieties. I dont remember any card set release during which I had multiply viable decks let alone multiply decks that I enjoy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I cruised my way down to rank 8-9 with a quest priest. Then pretty much zoomed to 5 with tempo priest. And now slowly but surely moving to legend with a tempo mage deck. I also have a hunter deck that I enjoy when I want to smash shit, a handlock and a few more priest varieties. I dont remember any card set release during which I had multiply viable decks let alone multiply decks that I enjoy.
Agreed. Although I've spammed Quest Rogue a lot, I'm mixing in Paladin, Taunt Warrior, Mage and Hunter decks too, and I might make a Priest and Shaman deck tonight as well. I feel like there are lots of options and not just 3 Reno lists + Pirates

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Whatever you do with priest, make sure you include potions of madness. Those things wreck aggro decks.

• 1Like