Hearthstone

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Right, but what I'm saying is that having played Arena in beta extensively, I feel going second is way better. I'm not sure how much they tested that. They pulled the data from the leagues, doesn't mention arena.
I will grant you that. I find the extra card and coin in the arena to be very powerful, too. I'll have to start keeping track of my w/l and whether I go first or second.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The extra card is just very powerful. This isn't MTG where you're comparing a 7 card opener to 7 card opener +1 random card. You're comparing 3 to 4. That's just so much larger of an advantage.

Rime

<Donor>
Unless I am playing some sort of rush deck (Warlock or Shaman w/Murlocks), then I would always rather go second. Extra card and the coin (particularly with a Rogue combo deck?!), yes please!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know why Paladin gets rated at the bottom of Arena. Maybe it takes luck to get the right cards, but Paladins have so many minions, and buffs to those minions. It's crazy.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I like paladin in Arena. Don't they have a card that draws 3 and heals 8? lol.

Crone

I like paladin in Arena. Don't they have a card that draws 3 and heals 8? lol.
Ya, Lay on Hands. The game that caused me to post, they had a 5 attack minion out, boosted it to 9 attack, then doubled it to 18... No way I could do a damn thing about it.

Rime

<Donor>
Paladin is not bad in Arena. I went 6/3 with one earlier. Only 'bomb' drops I managed were two Guardian of Kings - 7 Mana for a 5/6 with +6 Health to you. Other than, loaded up on 'pumpers' (Defend of Argus as a rare, two Raid Leaders, and one Stormwind Champion) and went to town with weenies.

Rogue is by and far the best. I had a 'mediocre' pool earlier (Not much to combo with, but did score two Assassin's Blades and FOUR Leper Gnomes) and went 8/3 (Would have had 9/2, but was disconnected once - Which counts as a loss).

Crone

Guardian of Kings is a great card I think. Flesheating Ghoul turn 3, Blessing of Kings (+4/+4) turn 4, can end a game pretty quick as well.

I think The Coin is a pretty great card. It allows you to take control of the board by getting the first 2 or 3 mana minion out. The rest of the game player 1 is playing defensive. At least that is what I have experienced so far in my mage deck.

Rime

<Donor>
I don't recall any wipes being announced?
There will be a wipe when the game launches.

You will be refunded the gold amount of money you have spent during the Beta, as well as keeping the golden card you get for spending money in the beta.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Sorry, I meant a wipe besides the one they said they'd do at launch...

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Any idea when a wave of beta invites will be coming out? Been waiting for one forever.

Rime

<Donor>
While I am aware that the name 'Astrocreep' is not exactly unique, I like to think that I played Chuk from this forum earlier and soundly stomped his head in.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Lol I've played a Tuco and an Adebisi. I'll keep my eye out for an Astrocreep.

Rime

<Donor>
So can you trade/give away unwanted cards from your deck?
Negative.

There is no player trading (Makes sure all of the 'money' stays in Blizzard's pocket/control). You can have up to two of any non-Legendary card. One of a Legendary. After that, you break any of the excess cards down into dust, which is used to craft cards that you are missing.

Honestly, the only thing this game has going for it (Other than brand/world recognition) is the Arena. The Arena (Draft) is fun stuff and I have finally gotten good enough at it that it pays out so I do not have to pay $2 to enter. (At 6 wins, you get at least 150 Gold back, the cost of buying into the Arena with in-game currency).

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
^7 wins to get your 150 back. You can get 6 wins and not get shit (saw Kripp get 0 gold for 6 wins the other day).