Hearthstone

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I must have a completely skewed view of good cards, or wtf is going on in Arena. Played 2 arena's tonight. Rogue and Druid and went 0-3 in both.
frown.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm not very good at the arena myself. The drafting has screwed me quite a few times as well. I'll pick a rogue and get almost no combo card options, no legendaries, 1-2 rares, etc.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I must have a completely skewed view of good cards, or wtf is going on in Arena. Played 2 arena's tonight. Rogue and Druid and went 0-3 in both.
frown.png
Well your deck's mana cost should make a bell curve, you don't really need more than 1-2 cards with 1 mana cost, 3 tops. And you need to look at card value, the idea is to get your opponent to play more cards than you to remove your stuff. If he uses two cards to get rid of one of your cards, its a good trade. That mercenary card, the 7/7 for 5 mana is generally great for arena and undervalued because if you get him out early your opponent has to answer somehow by probably trading 1-2 minions and a card.

Fucking blizzard trolling me. Hoping for a hearthstone beta but they send me 7 days of free time for wow and another email about AH closure in D3. Jimmies rustled.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
They keep doing it to me too man
frown.png

They have only sent out like 3 big waves and each time I found out about it by someone posting on a forums saying they are sending out keys, check your e-mail! And each and every time I had an e-mail from Blizzard Entertainment and each and every time I would get fucking stoked, only to be let down when I see the subject title is about d3 on console.

Crone

I must admit, I really like Mages.

Playing just arena, as that's where I have most fun, of course is very dependent on the cards I get, but I love blowing stuff up!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My best friend is one of the best, unapologetic shit talkers I've ever met. Having played many games with him over the years and experienced that level of the aforementioned metagame, I don't mind that you can only communicate via canned responses. I already get way too worked up when a someone plays bullshit cards (rogue playing a 1st turn defias cutthroat, etc) and I can't draw any decent counter cards.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well, i'm hoping they are successful enough to bring this to the tablet market. It is perfect for touch.

As much as we want to be antisocial with voice chat only, some of us till like to play this with other people in the room, and not have to lug around laptops.

And before anyone says, well just buy the cards. The cards don't do all the flashy special effects =P

Column_sl

shitlord
There's also a really annoying exploit right now, where people can force you out of a game.

I was destroying 3 scrubs that did this to me.

Not sure exactly how it works, I first heard about it in Kripps stream.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well, i'm hoping they are successful enough to bring this to the tablet market. It is perfect for touch.

As much as we want to be antisocial with voice chat only, some of us till like to play this with other people in the room, and not have to lug around laptops.

And before anyone says, well just buy the cards. The cards don't do all the flashy special effects =P
They said there wouldn't be a beta for tablets (it's a fairly involved process to authorize iPads for [legit] app installs), but iPad is definitely confirmed at some point. They made a blog post stating that they accidentally did an iPad vs PC match (the dude on the iPad hit Play, unsure if it would work). The official score was iPad 1, PC 0 as of the time of the post.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, if you were hoping that key giveaways ending was a sign that open beta was soon to come, think again.

"We totally understand that the community wants open beta, but the simple truth of the matter is that the game isn't quite ready for it yet. As you may have read in an earlier blog, we anticipated that we're going to have to rebalance some cards based on feedback in the closed beta, and that's certainly true. We still have the wipe ahead of us as well. So, there will still be some time between now and open beta. "

So got to wait for a big patch, then they'll probably wait for feedback on that so another 2-4 weeks, and then they are going to do a wipe before thinking about open beta. So I'm guessing late october if we're lucky, but knowing blizzard it'll be more like December.

Rime

<Donor>
It will probably be December/January before an open beta hits, given that I am almost positive one of the 'perks' for going to BlizzCon will be a Hearthstone beta key.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think its going to be a beta key, you get something in hearthstone for buying a virtual ticket for blizzcon and they already stated it is NOT a beta key which lead people to believe it'll at least be in open beta by then.

Crone

Blizzard has never given beta keys away for blizzcon, so that for sure isn't going to start now.

I'll be at blizzcon though, and hope to see some announcements made of different game modes. Some 2v2, or other modes would be really sweet.

Crone

I guess I was just thinking the meta game around 2v2. Certain class combos could emerge that are great, just like it does for arena pvp in wow.

But board wipe decks would probably dominate too much, or burst damage decks. But with a few mechanics change, there could be strats emerge that counter those.

Eh, who knows, but would love some other play modes.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Artosis and DoA of SC2 casting fame are doing a 1 hr weekly show on Twitch based on Hearthstone. Last week they had a blizz producer on who stated Rogue changes are pending, they are still deciding on where the nerf bat should land. Huzzah. He also acknowledged that Warriors are too weak and Priests need some help in the mid-game.

Also stated doing a 2v2 mode is not on the horizon as it would take a lot of resources and they are a very small team working on this project.