Hearthstone

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Woah - I saw Demon and thought "wow that's a neat tool for Warlock" but holy shit, didn't even think to look at the border....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's actually the 4th neutral I believe: Illidan, Prince Malch, Street Trickster, and this..

reddit people saying it works great in DK priest , can combo with Pint Size,

also Druid using this the turn after you Spreading Plague can be a ton of damage.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That mechanic hasn't faired well over the years.

Swapping health/attack? It's only been available to priest as an aoe spell. Having it on a minion makes it stronger. 3 mana 3/3 isn't terrible, and we don't know all the possibilities for every class yet. The single target effect on the 2 mana dude has seen play, usually in aggro to counter Doomsayer

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Comparable to aldor peacekeeper, but much stronger even considering the condition.

636479357267851367.png

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Nice card, enables pain, cabal,potion, etc, while becoming a decently strong minion for 3

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That card smells like a mistake to me. Not for its power level but because it is designed in such a way to be extremely frustrating to play against. You play a late game something in a situation that looks solid and your opponent plays a three mana 8/4, Shadow Word: Pains your expensive fatty, and then still has five more mana to advance the board with. Players are going to feel like they were straight up punished for playing a big dude. If a deck running Twilight Acolyte is good and that scenario repeats on ladder a zillion times the salt's going to be real.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I commented quickly late at night after the football game, and after commenting was thinking how broken that shit is going to be... Makes me want to put 2x Cabal in the deck so I can steal anything.

Plus Dragon Priest is already annoying as hell. I'm not looking forward to the new Dragon Priest, guess I'll have to just play it myself.

---

Opponent just used Bonemare to create a 5/7 taunt? Steal it with this+cabal, have a 2/7 taunt, 5/4 and 4/5 on board.. from a 0 board state. Nice.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636479714667997227.png

Price tag for Recruit is crazy. Maybe this finds play, but I'm not seeing it right now. Would be great with Deathrattles & Charge Minions, so maybe finds a way into N'Zoth or mid-range. But it's expensive.
Control probably wouldn't want this simply because you often want to be conservative with what you play & what you draw, playing around fatigue and not overextending too much, you don't want to throw too many high threats on board at the same time.

Also the fact you could pull a 2 mana minion like the new armor dude or whatever seems really shitty.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
WTF at that weapon. I was holding out hope that warrior at least, THE weapon class, would get a badass legendary weapon. That's just uninspiring and likely terrible. Goddammit Blizzard, how do you give the class that's all about weapons a terrible legendary weapon in the expac that's all about weapons? /facepalm

You only want to pull charge minions, deathrattle minions, or end of turn effect minions with that weapon. Anything with a battlecry you don't want to do it, so even in an N'Zoth deck, (with my luck) you'll likely pull N'Zoth when you don't want to. It also doesn't synergize with the warrior quest, since that's taunt minions played, not summoned.

Maybe this could go with that damage your own minions theme that didn't work from last expac? Have that small minion that damages your own stuff, then play this, it pulls Grom,or Rotface, or some other enrage effect minions? I can't see that being worth the cost of this weapon and the potential downsides though.

Why couldn't they just have done something cool, even if it wasn't good? Maybe like, "Hit a minion so hard he joins your team, shuffle that minion into your deck". Or, "5 mana 2/4. Everytime you attack with this weapon, it gains 1 attack". I dunno, anything but that boring POS.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For the expansion that will be known for oozes, the weapon class dodges all the weapon hate by not being given any reason to use weapons at all! So, really, shitty legendary weapon is in fact a good thing. Shitty weapons are the true weapon hate hate.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't been paying attention and this question is probably dumb but do these style of weapons lose one durability each time they do that thing?

Assuming it works similar to Medivh's staff then yeah it loses 1 dur when it triggers

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This Warlock spell though..... holy shit, 1 mana heal 8, insane. It's another healbot for Warlock, but 4 mana cheaper... does require to kill a minion, can't be too hard to find some fodder.

636479900985409412.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The rogue weapon is shit. Auctioneer is gone in 4 months and even with him it doesn't fit what the deck tries to do. Any other deck doesn't cycle enough to reliably find it more than once.
New rogue minion also, 2 mana 3/1 battlecry draw a weapon from your deck.

Oh wow, mill rogue getting some love this expansion, new legendary 4 mana 20/20 enters dormant adds 3 candles to your opponent's deck becomes alive when your opponent draws the candles. Seems bad, but should make some wonderful memes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636479932478562225.png

First thoughts was Warlock & Druid:

Warlock:
1: Tar Lurker
2: Possessed Lackey
3: Voidlord