Hearthstone

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There were like, two expansions I loved and played the shit out of. Now I just use wow tokens to buy the preorder packs in hopes that I'll have that experience again.

Not like I've got anything better to spend the endless flood of order hall/world quest gold on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I just hate fucking warrior quests. Like negroes plz, stop giving quests for a dead class.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636578031076764250.png

probably bad but it could potentially be a mill card.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Today's reveals so far:

636578479875901003.png
636578475724820822.png
636578473596497200.png
636578471162263064.png
636578293141625284.png

Wanted: Seems like hot garbage, everyone already bitching about it, probably means it becomes auto-include in every deck though. But seriously, it's so much worse than Tomb Pillager. It's basically 3 damage for 3, but obviously coin has some bonus effects in Rogue. I never predict Rogue cards correctly, so not even going to try. But I'll go along with the crowd and assume it's shit.

Scaleworm: Also seems terrible. I don't want a conditional 5/4 with Rush. Ever.

Vex Crow: Possibly insane. Imagine if flamewaker was still in Standard, and this card. This card won't be as good as flamewaker, but maybe with a little more support we can get another cheap spell mage list.

Blackwald Pixie: Probably never sees play.

Clockwork Automaton: Too gimicky in most cases, but imagine an upgraded priest hero power. 7 mana for a 4/4 body and healing for 8.
Also Hunter upgraded HP dealing 6 damage with a 4/4 body.
Mage upgraded HP deal 4 with 4/4 body.

I don't think it works with any other class hero power. It shouldn't affect armor gain.
Obviously most flexible in Priest. That 8 heal could be 8 damage instead.
Edit: Just thought about the DK / Hagatha cards, would require it sticking a turn, but Hagatha deal 6 to all or Hunter DK does 4 to all, etc.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Pixie and automaton work with quest hero powers too, immediately i can see finding room for pixie and automaton in quest warrior and pixie in deathknight OTK paladin.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Re: pixie

Are you going to replace whirlwinds with it? If so why. If not, why do you need so many ways to do 1 damage to the board? Also if this card is playable for that reason, why does no one play ravaging ghoul now?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Reading the Reddits, the Automaton seems like it can have some fringe uses for sure, rest of cards really seem unplayable atm.
Pixie is trash.

Quest Warrior with 16 damage bombs is most intimadating, but Gul'Dan can Deal 6+Heal 12 if Automaton is dropped. But usually Gul'Dan is fine after being played. Quest Warrior though ... I posted earlier how I believe it can make a comeback, it already performs pretty well against the current crop of meta decks.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah automation is the only one that is "average" imo. There are/will be much better 5 drops. Its going to be a meme card.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Also saw on Reddit: Cube Automaton, get 2-4 Automatons as Hunter/Mage/DKWarlock/QuestWarrior/Priest = Deal 30+ damage with Hero Power.

Will require some setup, but this card opens up some crazy combos

• 2Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Just theorycrafting here, but the 2 hero power cards could be used in an odds-only hunter deck. You run 2 clockwork automatons and 2 pixies. That's 6 damage for 7 mana on curve for the automatons, and 6 damage for 7 mana on curve for each pixie. So if you draw all 4 during a game, that's 24 damage in hero power shots just right there. Add in the pressure from using your 3 damage hero power on other turns, and it starts to add up.

The mage card looks like it has potential, maybe, the rogue card looks like shit. Scaleworm might be playable in arena at best.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Also saw on Reddit: Cube Automaton, get 2-4 Automatons as Hunter/Mage/DKWarlock/QuestWarrior/Priest = Deal 30+ damage with Hero Power.

Will require some setup, but this card opens up some crazy combos
Lol thats really silly. But its not going to work well in the long run. People will just spam silence and also most of those classes cant kill their own cubes easily like lock can.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea Im starting to revise my opinion on Pixie. It may not be "trash", but has some very specific niche use. Problem is while it seems great for Quest Warrior, you just can't afford to lose much for this card, can't really lose anything tbh.

I can see it in Odd-Hunter list and DK Paladin, but probably nowhere else.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The meme decks might be awesome though. And thats all that really matters :D

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
You could do an odds only elemental hunter, blazecaller's 5 damage to face combined with a lot of hero power damage might be viable. Just needs card draw, which is always a problem for hunter.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Hunter has Play Dead to trigger Cube but that makes it an 11 mana combo, and even with coin, you risk losing board before you can hero power. I've been toying with Odd Hunter list and the hero power cards and can't come up with anything that seems consistent, it's close though. I think the Cube combo could work like cubelock where even if you don't get it off, you still have enough pressure from upgraded hero powers to push a win.

Ideally it's going to be Automaton+Cube on 10 mana. Next turn: Play Dead+Play Dead (4 Autamatons for 2 mana) then Hero Power for 48 damage. (4 mana spent total)
So 2-turn combo. if opponent doesn't have silence you basically win. And you can try to get it to stick 2x since you have 2 copies of Cube/Automaton.
Also I was adding Stitched Tracker for additional copies.

You do need 2x Play Dead, or can run Terrorscales as well, which 2x Terrorscale+Hero Power is 8 mana, and it is exactly 7 minions. You can have both Terrorscale and Play Dead for consistency.

Hunters suck with Draw though, so you need a lot of contingency plans, and even without the combo you still want to be able to pressure as usual.

Here's my theorycraft so far: WIP: Hero Power Hunter - Hearthstone Decks

1.JPG

Most good Draw cards are even. Probably need acolytes in here. Can lose Kill Command since beasts are lacking. Adding pirate package was considered, and Tol'Vir if enough 1 drops, but idk
No 1 or 2 drop minions is a real liability. Probably need to lose Bearshark/Kill Commands for some 1s. Probably need 6 more 1s. Gotta see if we get any replacement to Alleycat

Edit: Version2 with about as much draw as Hunter can have, loses Pixie, but more early game and goes for the big combo.

1.JPG

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636578788453437901.png

Might be ok. Expensive. Can cheat out some stuff and combo with those 3 mana cards

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636579011789662320.png
636579253750092666.png

Darius: I think it's ok. Affects board immediately and needs to be dealt with pretty quickly. Should do well in a control/mid-range list. It has enough health to survive against many targets, and it'll grow to survive future targets.

Reddit comments are really down on this card, but I think it's going to be almost an "auto-include". We'll see, but cost is reasonable and the Rush+Effect are a strong combo.

--

Emeriss: We have seen so many Expensive Hunter Legendaries with AWESOME effects just never get played..... BUT... I think this has a chance.
I don't really see it in a Control List, which many will immediately think, because Control is so slow.
I see this buffing my Leeroy to a 12/4 and some charge minions, and many low-cost things that all of sudden have 2x attack and health.

The biggest issue is surviving till 10, spending a turn on this, and also keeping a decent hand size to take advantage. There is certainly potential with this card, but because Hunter can rarely meet those conditions, it may just be niche/meme card. I really think the biggest drawback is having minion cards left in hand to be able to use this effectively by turn 10. Hunters biggest threats are spell-based, and typically exhaust their hand early.

Stampede+New Rush doggie, or Cult Master, or Infest to keep hand filled are some ideas to keep a big hand size.
Cards from DK rexxar could really benefit from this too, especially if it's a "can't be targeted by spells" minion with another effect, you can lock down some games.

Dragon Synergy in Hunter will also be interesting. You have the new beast with Dragon Synergy card (Scaleworm), which I called garbage at first, but maybe fits here.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity