Hearthstone

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I dont think I have ever made it to turn 10 with hunter and had more than 1-2 cards in my hand. At least not with a deck that has minions in it. That thing is terribad. The warrior card seems decent enough but I am not sure what deck it would fit into and it is not a card that you can build a deck around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Darius looks to be very good. He's a piece of removal with value attached in addition to some heavy upsides if he sticks around for even a little while.

The hunter legendary is pretty cool and the effect is powerful but it's not doing anything that the class wants to be doing. Maybe there's a hunter deck that is fine grinding out the game with minions after turn ten but that seems like a long shot.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
1522350948300.png

#zoobuffs

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Instant reaction is : Quest Hunter
Probably still a bad deck though.
But what's nice is you don't need to have so many 1-drops in your quest hunter list now. Could probably nix 2-4.. instead of 15, you could run ~10 maybe.

Other then that, can it be good? It has some potential in token/flood/aggro decks I think.
It is any random 1-drop which means you could get class 1-drops, which are usually pretty good and have bonus effects.
Token Paladin / Aggro Druid / Token Shaman may like this card.
Works good with Hagatha

I have a hard time believing that adding 2 random 1 drops can be bad, along with a 2/1 body, for 3 mana.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Instant reaction is : Quest Hunter
Probably still a bad deck though.
But what's nice is you don't need to have so many 1-drops in your quest hunter list now. Could probably nix 2-4.. instead of 15, you could run ~10 maybe.

Other then that, can it be good? It has some potential in token/flood/aggro decks I think.
It is any random 1-drop which means you could get class 1-drops, which are usually pretty good and have bonus effects.
Token Paladin / Aggro Druid / Token Shaman may like this card.
Works good with Hagatha

I have a hard time believing that adding 2 random 1 drops can be bad, along with a 2/1 body, for 3 mana.

I think "add random to hand" works the same as "summon random onto board" so I'm thinking that it would let you get other class cards, as opposed to "discover random" effects. Either way, its awesome for token/aggro/zoo and insane in arena.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think "add random to hand" works the same as "summon random onto board" so I'm thinking that it would let you get other class cards, as opposed to "discover random" effects. Either way, its awesome for token/aggro/zoo and insane in arena.
It does let you get other class cards.. which is what i said in the text you quoted.

For some reason this expansion is getting me excited again for some hearthstone, probably won't last long, but as opposed to last expansion where i didn't give a shit and didn't pre-order.

I think the weapon idea just wasn't exciting at all

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
eggnapper-300x429.png

igneous-elemental-300x429.png

Both bettter than Ravencaller in zoo/token lists. Neither really is run in zoo or token lists.

a 1/1 is a 0 cost card. I wouldn't say eggnapper is better, necessarily.
Igneous has seen play in Elemental / Quest Rogue, it's pretty good for sure. a 2/3 is infinitely more playable than a 2/1. You're right that Ravencaller is probably bad. I do think there are niche uses. And 1 drops can be pretty good, depends how often you get a class 1-drop.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also more Wild Pyromancer amusement, although not really needed at this point.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
That card is fairly nuts with pyro.

Also this game sucks :( I crush one day, I get crushed the next for no reason other than i see nothing but priests. QQ.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
hate echo as a mechanic, seems like garbage

i really want to put down some $$ for the pre-purchase offer since the start of each expansion is the most fun, but these cards so far seem super fucking bland

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

i really want to put down some $$ for the pre-purchase offer since the start of each expansion is the most fun, but these cards so far seem super fucking bland

Dunno how you can hate echo, at least right now, since only 1 card in game has it atm. I actually like the Echo & Rush mechanics. Both require strategy over high-rolling or playing the bigger dude. Rush has been asked for FOREVER and echo is a very strategic mechanic.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Compared to some of the OP stuff we've seen before, it is but it's flexible and hopefully a sign that they are testing better. The best reason to get this expansion is the game is almost resetting. Most of the decks currently being played are either rotating out or certain pieces are leaving which makes for a fairly new meta. Outside of Cubelock and Dude Pally, I can't think of a deck that isn't getting hit hard. Maybe a spiteful variant but I'm hoping for a fresh and new environment.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636579867799077130.png
636579758674662463.png

Gun Turret: I literally was "????" after seeing this card. Seems like it could be an Epic instead of Legendary, but it'd be a damn good Epic. It's clearly meant as a combo piece, but nothing obvious stands out right now. My question is will the effect proc if it's 1 health but immune from Commanding Shout? I think it does, right? Might be some sort of two-turn kill with Cubes or Faceless and a few whirlwind effects/pyromancer/commanding shout/etc. It's going to be a fun card to try and make work, but it's not apparent if it'll actually be good or work at all.

Cheap Shot: As I mentioned before, Echo cards are so tough to evaluate. The other 2 mana deal 2 in Rogue also Draw a Card or summon a Jade, both of which rarely see play. I don't see this as playable either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
636579867799077130.png
636579758674662463.png

Gun Turret: I literally was "????" after seeing this card. Seems like it could be an Epic instead of Legendary, but it'd be a damn good Epic. It's clearly meant as a combo piece, but nothing obvious stands out right now. My question is will the effect proc if it's 1 health but immune from Commanding Shout? I think it does, right? Might be some sort of two-turn kill with Cubes or Faceless and a few whirlwind effects/pyromancer/commanding shout/etc. It's going to be a fun card to try and make work, but it's not apparent if it'll actually be good or work at all.

Cheap Shot: As I mentioned before, Echo cards are so tough to evaluate. The other 2 mana deal 2 in Rogue also Draw a Card or summon a Jade, both of which rarely see play. I don't see this as playable either.

1/1 Acolyte of Pain doesn't draw cards under Commanding Shout so I doubt this would do anything at 3/1. 24 damage in Wild with Bouncing Blade though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636580086718495678.png
636580153536946510.png

Lady in White: Seems good. 12/12 ysera (and other Dragons). Need to build around her a bit and doesn't enable any shitty OTKs, just makes your big minions bigger. 8/8 Statue now, etc...Doesn't seem like she's good enough to be in every deck, which is good.

Castaway: ehhhhhhhhh, maybe? 6 mana to trade & draw. idk. 3 health is shit, but you're basically looking for the draw anyways, but 6 mana. Pirate might mean something. I really hate Rogue cards cause you just never know what ends up working. They seem to always have the most divergent decks that just "work".

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think Lady in White probably doesn't see play in standard. Maybe in wild where you have more things like Deathlord

• 1Like