Hearthstone

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Goddamn Cubelock is going to dominate the meta for another 3 months. The good thing about that is that i actually want to play Cubelock, so we're good. :D

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Spiteful + Lady in White deck I am feeling really good about:

WIP Spiteful Lady

I want to squeeze in a Grand Archivist but not sure where yet, I'm liking this list a lot. Maybe play testing will prove differently, but I feel like it could be strong. You have the (mostly) standard Spiteful package, and I packed in 8 dragons to keep the Duskbreakers, which is necessary for early removal, but added taunts that can benefit from Lady, as well as Rush cards for more board control.

Slightly weak in Resource generation, but you have Spiteful+Glimmerroot for pseudo draw, and of course Cameleos for spying and maybe sniping a good impactful card.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'd consider focusing on if it's aggro, mid range, or control... Right now you have 20 cards in the 1-3 slot which lends itself to be an Aggro deck, but you have defensive cards that shouldn't be in an aggro deck.

I'd consider losing Explosive Shot, Wax Elemental, and Gluttonous Ooze. Even with 2x Wax Elementals, I don't think you have enough Elementals to reliably trigger Blazecallers. I'd abandon the Elemental idea or add more elementals.

No Unleash the Hounds is also suspect, and you could put in Stitched Tracker for pseudo draw.

This was my creation on March 28th, I haven't revisited it since. Not saying it'll work any better, just linking to spit-ball ideas:

WIP: Hero Power Hunter - Hearthstone Decks

WIP: Hero Power Hunter

You can see I beefed up the Draw as much as possible just cause it's not a deck you can go slowly with.
Cubes + Play Dead for the OTK hero power attempt.
I nixxed the refresh hero power dude in lieu of the big combo, but ideally you do want the Pixies .. i think.

Ya I didn't have it in mind as an aggro deck, but as more a hero power focused deck. Hero power every turn, and be defensive with your minions vs aggro and hope the steady pressure from your hero power finishes them off. No idea if the concept is sound or viable, but there it is. I think the balance is do you have enough beasts to activate kill command, while having enough elementals to activate blazecaller? Definitely needs to be playtested to see what's what. Your aggro version with the combo finisher might be better, for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lightning Fast
Ravishing Ravishing

So I wrote it out (correct me if my math is wrong), and I believe an ideal ODDS hunter plays out like this, assuming no healing/armor gain from your opponent. (This also only counts hero power damage.)

1 mana: Play a 1 drop, 4 cards left​
2 mana: Hero power, -3 damage to enemy, 4 cards left​
3 mana: Play a 1 drop + hero power -6 damage, 4 cards left​
4 mana: Hero power + 2 1 drops -9 damage, 3 cards left​
5 mana: Hero power + 3 drop -12 damage, 3 cards left​
6 mana: Hero power + 3 drop -15 damage, 3 cards left​
7 mana: Hero power + 5 drop clockwork/blackwald pixie + 2x HP -21 damage, 3 cards left​
8 mana: Hero power + kill command + 1/3 mana beast -29 damage, 2 cards left​
9 mana: Hero power -32​
So that led me to think, why not just add a shitload of charge minions and just hit the face, classic hunter style?
I have no idea if something like this will be viable, or cancer, or dogshit, but check this out:

Odds SMORC Hunter

I'm pretty sure you can burn people out REALLY fast with something like this. It might need some silence tech cards like ironbeak owl to get past taunts.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
The fact of the matter is 2mana for 3dmg is not efficient. It's value as a hero power is to utilize extra mana when you're already making strong plays. A proper opening aggro deck can kill on turns 5-7 if the opposing deck rolls low on responses. What your describing high rolls a 9 turn kill, ignoring your opponent countering any of your plays with removal, taunts, armor, heals.

Add up what you've played that isn't hero powers. 4x 1 drops, 2x 3 drops, 1x 5 drop, 1 kill command. By turn 9 a proper deck will have rolled you hard with real threats being played every turn.

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
The fact of the matter is 2mana for 3dmg is not efficient. It's value as a hero power is to utilize extra mana when you're already making strong plays. A proper opening aggro deck can kill on turns 5-7 if the opposing deck rolls low on responses. What your describing high rolls a 9 turn kill, ignoring your opponent countering any of your plays with removal, taunts, armor, heals.

Add up what you've played that isn't hero powers. 4x 1 drops, 2x 3 drops, 1x 5 drop, 1 kill command. By turn 9 a proper deck will have rolled you hard with real threats being played every turn.

Yes, I'm aware of all that. I wasn't describing a full deck interaction, I was just separating out the HP damage to see what it looked like, regardless of opponent actions. To say it another way, how good is the hero power with Baku and clockwork/pixie just by itself, before you consider what to surround those cards with.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ravishing Ravishing

So I wrote it out (correct me if my math is wrong), and I believe an ideal ODDS hunter plays out like this, assuming no healing/armor gain from your opponent. (This also only counts hero power damage.)

1 mana: Play a 1 drop, 4 cards left​
2 mana: Hero power, -3 damage to enemy, 4 cards left​
3 mana: Play a 1 drop + hero power -6 damage, 4 cards left​
4 mana: Hero power + 2 1 drops -9 damage, 3 cards left​
5 mana: Hero power + 3 drop -12 damage, 3 cards left​
6 mana: Hero power + 3 drop -15 damage, 3 cards left​
7 mana: Hero power + 5 drop clockwork/blackwald pixie + 2x HP -21 damage, 3 cards left​
8 mana: Hero power + kill command + 1/3 mana beast -29 damage, 2 cards left​
9 mana: Hero power -32​
So that led me to think, why not just add a shitload of charge minions and just hit the face, classic hunter style?
I have no idea if something like this will be viable, or cancer, or dogshit, but check this out:

Odds SMORC Hunter

I'm pretty sure you can burn people out REALLY fast with something like this. It might need some silence tech cards like ironbeak owl to get past taunts.

I mean.. I'm not a pro deck builder. Most of my decks turn out to be trash. I've been able to take proven concepts and tweak them slightly to get high rank/Legend. When it comes to a deck like this, I assume it'll be shit, and I build it to be "fun", such as trying to pull off a 30+ damage hero power, and if somehow it seems like it's doing better than intended, tweak it up.

I do not anticipate your list working due to the sheer number of bad cards.
Timber Wolf, Buzzard, Boar, Wolfrider
no silence
no hunter's mark
no tracking
jeweled macaw in an aggro deck

I do think an aggro odds deck might work, but it won't include Automaton/Pixie and will just lean on the extra 1dmg from HP for additional pressure.

just my 2c

• 2Like

Lightning Fast
I mean.. I'm not a pro deck builder. Most of my decks turn out to be trash. I've been able to take proven concepts and tweak them slightly to get high rank/Legend. When it comes to a deck like this, I assume it'll be shit, and I build it to be "fun", such as trying to pull off a 30+ damage hero power, and if somehow it seems like it's doing better than intended, tweak it up.

I do not anticipate your list working due to the sheer number of bad cards.
Timber Wolf, Buzzard, Boar, Wolfrider
no silence
no hunter's mark
no tracking
jeweled macaw in an aggro deck

I do think an aggro odds deck might work, but it won't include Automaton/Pixie and will just lean on the extra 1dmg from HP for additional pressure.

just my 2c

Lol, no worries bro. That deck was kind of a joke. And ditto on any decks I make.

It's just fun to bounce ideas back and forth. I can foresee some form of SMORC/Face Baku Hunter turning into cancer though. Seems there's a lot of burn potential there.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636586586849889058.png
636586587868072889.png

Legendary seems good. So if you play mostly minions you get a pretty full board. Still a super RNG card since it's RNG on top of RNG, but still a very powerful effect.

But of course this is Rogue and I have no idea if this Archetype will work at all. I'm going to say .. no. It'll be a fun deck, but not very competitive. Rogue just can't play late game decks like this. Rogue decks are easy to predict: It's always a variant of Miracle & some janky OP deck that shouldn't work, but does.

• 3Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This combo's with that mage draw minion spell

Nice that it's actually cheap enough to be playable. Looking forward to even more aggro mages...

But I'll try it with elementals.
I'm thinking you could do a spiteful mage similar to priest. 4 big spells and the rest minions/DK

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Considering my casual gaming only lately I might pick up this $50 bundle now. This expansion looks at least okay. I haven't bought any packs at all since un'goro.
I'm so casual lately it's terrible. Still late night gaming? On the fence about jumping back into a card game. Should we do it?

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If you've ever considered buying packs the preorder is more worth it than anything else

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm so casual lately it's terrible. Still late night gaming? On the fence about jumping back into a card game. Should we do it?

1st expansion + rotation of the past 2 years has been best meta ever (imo). It's probably worth if you have the itch, then can bitch/moan/quit for the next ones if you get fed up :D

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched DisguistedToast lose to some moron on a tournament 3-0. (ok nvm he actually managed to throw the third game)

Why am I calling him a moron? He made five huge mistakes, but won because his archivist free from ambered a noggenfogger on the board, which kinda cripples Exodia mage. And then he failed to realize he won when RNG noggenfoggering set Toast to exactly 1 hp, because he doesn't understand fatigue damage (Toast lost the hp when goingextra turn). When Toast clicked the extra turn and died from 1 fatigue damage, Blah went completely nuts with surprise.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Lightning Fast
636587427336104490.png

Looks pretty good to me. 2/2 is weak for 4 mana, but puts a 3 cost secret into play, which has the potential to be really good (Discover mechanic implies it will be mage only secrets, not any class).

Even more evidence for a spiteful mage archetype incoming.

• 2Like