Hearthstone

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So is there anyway to get back into this without dropping stacks on cards? I suppose getting back into it and doing the PvE content would be one way? Every time I think about coming back, or do come back, I don't last long because I realize I have no cards. :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
If you are going to buy cards, this is the expansion that will be valid for the longest period of time (Will rotate out with next April's expansion)

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So is there anyway to get back into this without dropping stacks on cards? I suppose getting back into it and doing the PvE content would be one way? Every time I think about coming back, or do come back, I don't last long because I realize I have no cards. :(

Now is the time to get back in. It's the smallest card pool and the current $50 deal is the best they've ever offered.
However, you will definitely have issues short-term without dropping some cash. You'll still be missing 3 expansions worth of cards, many of which will be needed. As always, its best to focus on constructing 1-2 meta decks rather than worrying about collecting all cards. With the $50 pre-order purchase (70 packs), you'll get enough dust to craft a meta deck.

And as always, it's best to wait a few weeks to see what ends up being good so you don't waste dust crafting garbage.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
If you are going to buy cards, this is the expansion that will be valid for the longest period of time (Will rotate out with next April's expansion)

Close but no cigar, it will rotate out in April 2020.

What's rotating out is the 2016 content. Next year 2017 content rotates (Ungoro,WotLK,K&C) the 2018 content won't rotate til 2020.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's very interesting. I haven't played since like the first expac. Always wanted to get back but was always intimidated by the large pool of cards in standard.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Also for those that haven't logged in.... currently every day, completing a daily quest grants you a "bonus pack" which can be from the previous 3 expansions or the new expansion. I believe it's over on April 9th... so 5 more days of free packs.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636584404920587656.png
636584478074632862.png

Voodoo Doll: Really good removal card. Probably sees some play. It's like a BGH that works on anything, just requires an extra condition (2 mana ping, or a cheap spell)

Splintergraft: Win More/Unplayable in most cases. 8 mana doesn't effect board when it's played, that's usually a death sentence for expensive legendaries. Only way it works is if there's a 1 or 2 drop that would be OP as a 10/10 for 10, so you can combo same turn at least

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
VooDoo doll is gonna be great in Warlock alongside defile/hellfire. Kill off a wave of small stuff, along with one big target without using direct damage. HOLY SHIT.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'd feel bad at Druid always getting a worthless huge legendary but they always seem to get some amazingly powerful cards to make up for it. This set looks weak but the grizzly looks powerful, Witching Hour looks interesting, and they always have ramp.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636584511861744159.png

"A Legendary minion from the past" is a Legendary minion that is EXCLUSIVE to wild!

This includes Hall of Fame cards, and Legendaries from expansions that have rotated. You can get Ragnaros or Sylvannas from Hall of Fame, to Emperor Thaurissan or Majordomo Executus, from Adventures, to Dr. Boom or Sneed's Old Shredder, from Expansions.

There is NO class restriction either, so you can get Iron Juggernaut, Wilfred Fizzlebang, or Aviana.

Cool as hell Legendary, even though it's unplayable in most decks.
You want the Dr. Boom, Rag, Sylvanas
90% of the time you'll get Hemet or similar.
It's a card draw with 5/5 body on 6, not the worst thing ever. Could work in a grinder deck.

I parsed out all the "past" legendaries, here's a list (most expensive to least). 106 in total:
C'Thun
Deathwing, Dragonlord
Kun the Forgotten King
N'Zoth, the Corruptor
Varian Wrynn
Yogg-Saron, Hope's End
Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
Anub'arak
Arch-Thief Rafaam
Aviana
Icehowl
Krul the Unshackled
Majordomo Executus
Mal'Ganis
Mayor Noggenfogger
Mekgineer Thermaplugg
Nefarian
Soggoth the Slitherer
Anomalus
Chromaggus
Foe Reaper 4000
Kel'Thuzad
Medivh, the Guardian
Ragnaros the Firelord
Ragnaros, Lightlord
Rhonin
Sneed's Old Shredder
The Boogeymonster
Acidmaw
Chillmaw
Cho'gall
Confessor Paletress
Don Han'Cho
Dr. Boom
Eadric the Pure
Flame Leviathan
Gahz'rilla
Hogger, Doom of Elwynn
Inkmaster Solia
Malkorok
Malorne
Neptulon
Rend Blackhand
Skycap'n Kragg
The Curator
Troggzor the Earthinator
Twin Emperor Vek'lor
Aya Blackpaw
Bolf Ramshield
Emperor Thaurissan
Gazlowe
Herald Volazj
Iron Juggernaut
Justicar Trueheart
Madam Goya
Maexxna
Mogor the Ogre
Mukla, Tyrant of the Vale
Reno Jackson
Sylvanas Windrunner
The Mistcaller
The Skeleton Knight
Toshley
Trade Prince Gallywix
Wilfred Fizzlebang
Wrathion
Blingtron 3000
Bolvar Fordragon
Feugen
Finja, the Flying Star
Hallazeal the Ascended
Hemet Nesingwary
Knuckles
Loatheb
Mimiron's Head
Nexus-Champion Saraad
Prince Malchezaar
Princess Huhuran
Raza the Chained
Stalagg
Vol'jin
White Eyes
Barnes
Baron Rivendare
Elise Starseeker
Fandral Staghelm
Genzo, the Shark
Gormok the Impaler
Kazakus
Old Murk-Eye
Xaril, Poisoned Mind
Auctionmaster Beardo
Brann Bronzebeard
Dreadscale
Eydis Darkbane
Fjola Lightbane
Moroes
Sergeant Sally
Shaku, the Collector
Wickerflame Burnbristle
Hobart Grapplehammer
Nat, the Darkfisher
Patches the Pirate
Shifter Zerus
Sir Finley Mrrgglton

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Decent ideas for the Druid Legendary:

Stonetusk Boar for 10/10 charger
Saronite Chain Gang for 2x 10/10 with Taunt
Arcane Tyrant for a free 10/10 if you play a 5+ cost spell next turn.
Happy Ghoul for free 10/10 if you can heal yourself
Angry Chicken for Memes
Dopplegangster in Wild
Quest Druid deck makes this free, but generated card is 10 mana, but probably doesn't matter if all other minions free.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Theorycraft Quest+Combo Druid:

1.JPG

Keep board control and progress quest with Swift Messenger & Muck Hunters.
Muck Hunter is particularly good in druid because you can ping off a 2/1 with hero power, making it a 5/6 rush card, nearly as good as a Doomguard, for 7 mana, and no discards.

After completing quest you are looking to keep board and draw until you get your boar+splitergraft combo, or as a backup plan you can Saronite+Splintergraft for defense (hopefully you have a free Saronite), then next turn play Saronite again which will be 2x 10/10 taunts, plus whatever free minion you might draw.

If you can get the 10/10 boar, you can play your (hopefully) free faceless manipulators for 3x 10/10 charge minions.

Maybe will suck, but i'll most likely try this deck early on, the dust requirement isn't too bad. 8.5k total, only needs 1 legendary from expac.

• 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Decent ideas for the Druid Legendary:

Stonetusk Boar for 10/10 charger
Saronite Chain Gang for 2x 10/10 with Taunt
Arcane Tyrant for a free 10/10 if you play a 5+ cost spell next turn.
Happy Ghoul for free 10/10 if you can heal yourself
Angry Chicken for Memes
Dopplegangster in Wild
Quest Druid deck makes this free, but generated card is 10 mana, but probably doesn't matter if all other minions free.

Sergeant Sally would be pretty funny.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
636584478074632862.png

Splintergraft: Win More/Unplayable in most cases. 8 mana doesn't effect board when it's played, that's usually a death sentence for expensive legendaries. Only way it works is if there's a 1 or 2 drop that would be OP as a 10/10 for 10, so you can combo same turn at least

You could just run this in a big druid style list. Extra copies of Ysera or Lich King. Or run it with Zola the Gorgon for INFINITE VALUE!! lol

• 2Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
636585088940619505.png

Does anyone else get the feeling that they are sooooooooo afraid of making overpowered cards this expansion, that they decided to dial everything down, and make them as underwhelming as possible?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
636585088940619505.png

Does anyone else get the feeling that they are sooooooooo afraid of making overpowered cards this expansion, that they decided to dial everything down, and make them as underwhelming as possible?

If that's what it takes to prevent last pack's cancer then by all means. That being said, that card is trash.

• 1Like