Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Also another bug with the transform cards:
Splitergraft on Swift Messenger turns into a 4 mana 10/10 with Rush when she transforms.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don’t know if it’s even good yet, but Shudderwock is the worst card they’ve released in a long time.
Came here to post this. I don't know and I don't care if it's a good deck. They need to change something in this interaction like today. No one wants to watch 5 minutes of card animations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Came here to post this. I don't know and I don't care if it's a good deck. They need to change something in this interaction like today. No one wants to watch 5 minutes of card animations.
Sooooooo.... I've been stuck in a game for about an hour now cause this guy didn't put the 3 dmg battlecry card in his deck and he doesn't want to concede. I would have conceded but it was during tv/ dinner and i just decided to let it roll and save others from this monster. I can't die cause I'm in Jaina form with 35 health and he's 8pts into fatigue while i just got to fatigue.

So ill ride it out, might be a 4hr match at this rate though

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Does Tess not trigger battlecries off the cards played? I just had a guy play Tess Greymane which summoned Lord Godfrey but his battlecry didn't go off. I don't understand. It should have cleared the board and cost him the game for trying to BM me, but it just spawned the 4/4

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
After playing quite a bit of Baku hunter, it has potential, but the meta right now just bends it over. Odd/dude paladin just rapes it. Same with Tempo mage. Cubelock is beatable, but not if they draw all their heals. However, VS slow decks that don't heal (much) and can't kill you by turn 7 or so, they're just dead if you draw 1 drops.

I also tried a combo variant like Ravishing was talking about, and that just feels awful. If you play stuff that draws, you just get tempo wrecked, and sit there taking face damage. Keeping their board clear isn't possible. I might try going defensive minions to wear them down with the HP and then do a sort of mini-combo, but eh, I dunno if it's worth it.

I think the midrange style hunters will end up being better. You need a strategy to hold off flood/zoo decks and then swing the game in middle turns.

Aggro Paladin is the current cancer IMO. Shit is everywhere. Board flood in general seems to be the new strategy. I'll have to go back and look, but it seems like there's way less AOE to counter board flood after the rotation? Might be time to bust out a Violet Teacher druid list again.

• 3Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does Tess not trigger battlecries off the cards played? I just had a guy play Tess Greymane which summoned Lord Godfrey but his battlecry didn't go off. I don't understand. It should have cleared the board and cost him the game for trying to BM me, but it just spawned the 4/4

Battlecries only trigger when you play a card, not when you *replay* a card. Because it would be confusing to new players otherwise.

I also like how not so long ago, they banned people for doing what they showcased with Shudderwock now.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am done with this game until Shudderwock is changed drastically. That is pure cancer in every way.

I really don't see many Shudder decks. If I know he has the setup and I can't win I just concede anyway.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I really don't see many Shudder decks. If I know he has the setup and I can't win I just concede anyway.
I was max life and he was at 1and he just chained it for the reverse. It’s the most ridiculous shift ever and beyond not fun.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was max life and he was at 1and he just chained it for the reverse. It’s the most ridiculous shift ever and beyond not fun.

IDK man. As far as aids combos go you can see Shudder coming a mile away. If your deck is fast you can usually kill them before they have the necessary components. But even if they have a fucked combo of pointless non damaging crap I agree its super irritating.

But as far as it being 90% of the ladder cancer it isn't Cubelock or anything.

• 2Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played treachery lock up to rank 2. May not be the best deck, but none of the current meta decks seem any fun.

• 3Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
IDK man. As far as aids combos go you can see Shudder coming a mile away. If your deck is fast you can usually kill them before they have the necessary components. But even if they have a fucked combo of pointless non damaging crap I agree its super irritating.

But as far as it being 90% of the ladder cancer it isn't Cubelock or anything.
Oh I don't think it's way OP with 100% win rate it's just the least fun to play against that I have ever seen. The amount of time it takes to get from 1 to 30 with the 2 cards that take 3 and give 3 is insane. I think it was a full 10-15 minute animation, twice.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My 3 hr shudderwock game made front page, really wish I had a hsreplay of it now. fuck!

• 3Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I am going to take a break from ladder at least until they fix the animation time at the very least on Shudder. It is not that fun waiting all that time for a resolution of play.

On the bright side ..I did just get an invite into Magic Arena Beta...so...

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On a 5 game win streak with a self-made Hand Druid deck. Beating lots of Hunters, a warlock, a shudderwock...

Just cruised through Rank 4 to hit 3:

### Hand Flood
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Witchwood Apple
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 2x (3) Savage Roar
# 2x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (4) Wispering Woods
# 2x (5) Living Mana
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (6) Spreading Plague
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
# 1x (12) Mountain Giant
#
AAECAZICAuEHmdMCDkBf/QL3A+YFxAbkCIbBAuvCAqDNAofOAtfvAr/yAsHzAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

View attachment 164743
Hey Ravish, do you have a link to this deck where you've made tweaks and updates maybe? Going to be trying it out soon. Thanks!

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Hey Ravish, do you have a link to this deck where you've made tweaks and updates maybe? Going to be trying it out soon. Thanks!

I am playing a version with the "Hand" stuff removed, and doing more Flood stuff:

Splitergraft has not been played often yet, I really want to combo with Sea Giant but haven't had a chance. Can easily replace him with something else.

I'm like 7-2 with this version so far at rank 5/4

Biggest turns I've had are :
turn 4 Wisp+Sea Giant vs Baku Paladin (1 game)
turn3 Coin+Wisp --> Turn4 Soul of the Forest (2 games)
turn6 Spreading Plague + Sea Giant (1 game)

### Custom Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Savage Roar
# 2x (3) Witch's Cauldron
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 2x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (4) Wispering Woods
# 2x (5) Living Mana
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (6) Spreading Plague
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 1x (8) Splintergraft
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICApnTAqDzAg5AX9MB/QLmBcQG5AiGwQLrwgKgzQKHzgKe0gLX7wLu9wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I think the overload shaman deck will be my meme deck of choice this xpack.

• 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff

It's basically Patron Warrior all over again. You have to aggro their face off because there's no way you're ever beating that with anything that's not hardcore aggro. The turn they play Shudderwock they'll deal 12-24 damage to you and gain 12-24 life, then they'll end the turn with like six 1-cost Shudderwocks in hand. If you can't kill them that turn after all that lifegain they go infinite next turn and kill you no matter what. It's absurdly consistent because Sandbinder specifically draws the combo pieces.

Once this deck is refined and people figure out the best balance between anti-aggro cards and combo redundancy it's over for this metagame. Dude Paladin is currently clowning on it but once people start playing Lightning Storm, Volcano, and maybe even Abomination that will change. Midrange/Control has no chance at all.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's basically Patron Warrior all over again. You have to aggro their face off because there's no way you're ever beating that with anything that's not hardcore aggro. The turn they play Shudderwock they'll deal 12-24 damage to you and gain 12-24 life, then they'll end the turn with like six 1-cost Shudderwocks in hand. If you can't kill them that turn after all that lifegain they go infinite next turn and kill you no matter what. It's absurdly consistent because Sandbinder specifically draws the combo pieces.

Once this deck is refined and people figure out the best balance between anti-aggro cards and combo redundancy it's over for this metagame. Dude Paladin is currently clowning on it but once people start playing Lightning Storm, Volcano, and maybe even Abomination that will change. Midrange/Control has no chance at all.

I took my original Shudder deck and added the main combo pieces, but kept 1x Lone Champion & 2x Twilight Drakes. Only played 2 games, 1-1, the game I won, my Shudders were 6/34 Taunt & Divine Shield ... 2-4 on board depending on RNG

• 1Like