Hearthstone

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mega-level stupid. Leeroy, Ancestral Spirit, Rebirth. Seems a little too strong of a set of interactions.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I wonder if battlecries proc with that, I assume it works like the paladin secret, which iirc didn't proc battlecries?
I assume this card would not proc a Battlecry. Battlecry seems to depend on the card becoming a battlefield permanent by being played out of your hand and not by any other mechanism.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Been trying the Priest Control deck. Plays really slow, but damn if it isn't fun. Alternating between Zoo Lock/Control Priest/Miracle Rogue does really well on the ladder.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I don't think it's all that great. it's basically Ancestral Spirit (2 mana, Deathrattle: Resummon minion), but instead of giving a minion deathrattle, you destroy it outright.

What's the best combo you can think of? Leeroy, Ancestral, Rebirth, Rockbiter (x2) is 10 mana to do 24 damage. Or Leeroy, Ancestral, Rebirth, Windfury is 10 mana to do 24 damage with 4 cards vs 5. Still not OTK, and you'd need 10 mana and at least 4 cards for the combo.

The other option I guess would be Ancestral + Rebirth + Rivendare, which would trigger a deathrattle twice and give you two more copies of your guy. So turn 7 Sylvanas or Cairne, turn 8 combo, and you would have two stolen guys + 2x Sylvanas + Rivendare or have 2x Baine + 2x Cairne + Rivendare if you played it on Cairne.

Both of these are really strong plays, but require 4 cards in hand, which is incredibly hard to pull off.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys are wildly overestimating how good that card is.
Yeah, other than with sylvanas, which seems awfully broken with as a 2 mana mind control plus you still have a sylvanas on the board so it'll put your opponent in a horrible spot. I suppose too, if you have the new legendary on the board then you steal two minions for only 2 mana, thats gg.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sylvanas, Ancestral, Rebirth, Ancestral, Rebirth. Cairne Ancestral Rebirth, creates 2cairnes and one baine. It's not a game ender combo card, it's not like say Leeroy+2rockbiter+windfury type of combo, it simply generates retarded amount of cards on the board if used with ancestral, while benefitting from strong deathrattles without paying the cost(losing the card). It's more like a control card than a combo card. Other interesting Deathrattles involve Abomination and Nerubian Egg(creates a 4/4 for 4 and 2cards, but leaves another egg up that you can destroy with a rockbiter into a mob or whatever), and obviously every deathrattle has huge synergy with Baron Rivendare, plus whatever Naxx card they haven't shown which are bound to have some decent deathrattles since it's the theme of the cards.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The strength is that unlike ancestral spirit, your opponent doesn't have a chance to react with silence or whatever. So turn 10 is sylvanas, rebirth, rebirth for 10 mana, resulting in 2 mind controls and a fresh sylvanas on the board all at the same time for your opponent to deal with.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Am I wrong in thinking that Ancestral and Rebirth wouldn't double up resulting in two copies of the card? They both say that particular minion comes back into play, not that a new copy is created. I can't imagine they'd interact like some of you are assuming they will.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Am I wrong in thinking that Ancestral and Rebirth wouldn't double up resulting in two copies of the card? They both say that particular minion comes back into play, not that a new copy is created. I can't imagine they'd interact like some of you are assuming they will.
You're wrong.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As you go to turn 10 sitting on two unused cards in your hand. So stronk.
Uh you often get to turn 10 with a bunch of unused cards in a control deck, in fact the more cards you didn't have to use the better, cause lategame is where you win, if you can get to turn 10 and still have a bunch of options, you're in a good spot. This can be done earlier anyway, turn 8 is a single sylvanas rebirth which is still extremely good. People used to do sylvanas+starfall back when Sylvanas was 5mana when control druid was all the rage, and now you get a card that only costs 2mana AND give you sylvanas back for it. Can also use it to remove silence from sylvanas, which can be quite a useful tool.

But if you meant rebirth is useless until turn 8, then I see your point, but it's still wrong. You can use it to heal up cards such as earth ele, double them like a manipulator with ancestral(it's costly though) and more importantly you can use it with the new neutral deathrattle cards they're adding, such as Nerubian Egg. If anything, you run loot hoarders and you can cycle rebirth on them.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you have, for example, sylvanas with ancestral spirit, she dies, she comes back into play. If you use rebirth on her, she dies triggering both her deathrattles, one stealing an enemy minion, and two return to battlefield from ancestral spirit. Then also rebirth states destroy a minion and restore it to full health so, yes it would still give you another copy of sylvanas because it is completely independent of the ancestral spirit death rattle.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not significantly better than ancestral spirit, which is a pretty bad card. I have no doubt that this new spell will see play, if only because you can also target enemy minions with it, granting some versatility, but shaman will still be bad in ranked. Not paladin or mage bad, but bad.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
As you go to turn 10 sitting on two unused cards in your hand. So stronk.
My Druid is designed to take Warrior, Hunter, and various Zoo's to turn 10. It's called a control deck dudebro.

Gavin, I first heard of Force of Nature + Savage Roar from a post you made on here. When I added it to my Druid I shot up like 5 ranks in rapid fashion. That costs 9 mana but is totally worth having because it is devastating and each piece can still be useful on its own. In the realm of a control deck, which is in Shaman's wheelhouse, where you can typically expect to be still playing on turn 8 (or 10), isn't something like Sylvanas + Rebirth (+Rebirth) a big enough game changer to tilt it finally to a win? I would admit that Rebirth is likely harder to make useful without Sylvanas but like Pyros said, cards such as Nerubian Egg will allow Rebirth to find secondary useage. And Sylvanas, although admittedly a huge silence-bait, is still a good card on its own.

I'll be curious to see how it plays but I do think we're gonna see some nastiness from Rebirth.