Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I really didn't play much last season so I started this season at Rank 20. And I remember why I hate the low ranks... You play some really BAD decks at the low ranks and sometimes they're so bad they actually work because you have absolutely no idea what to expect and RNG has hosed your card draws.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eviscerate must be used as board clear the majority of the time though.

I think miracle rogue needs a slight nerf, they can start by changing the cost of conceal to 2 and see how that goes. Naxx will change the matchup at least for druids because now they have a way to remove a concealed auctioneer.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I really want to see a proper expansion before we see any more nerfs. No, I don't even mean Naxx.

Column_sl

shitlord
You guys have to just accept Hearthstone for what it is.

It's Kellogg's Corn Flakes without any option to add sugar. Complaining that they add sugar every reset is not going to make any difference to Kellogg.

If it becomes the game we want it wont happen for years imo.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
First day of a new season...4 of my 9 matches in ranked are versus Priest decks...Anyone of those 4 matches took as long as my previous 5 non-priest matches.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cleave is pretty fucking amazing in the current meta. It's so rarely a dead card, even against miracle, that I'm running 2. There's so much aggro atm.

Current list is pretty close to that meta control list I posted on the other page but I don't have a Sylvanas.

2x Execute
2x Shield Slam
2x Whirlwind
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Cleave
2x Slam
2x Armorsmith
2x Cruel Taskmaster
1x Wild Pyromancer
2x Shield Block
2x Acolyte of Pain
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Kor'kron Elite
2x Arcanite Reaper
1x Brawl
1x Azure Drake
1x Argent Commander
1x Grommash Hellscream

Grom simply can't be replaced if you're running any variation of warrior control. Biggest drawback is that you basically autolose to more typical warrior control decks.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Cleave is pretty fucking amazing in the current meta. It's so rarely a dead card, even against miracle, that I'm running 2. There's so much aggro atm.

Current list is pretty close to that meta control list I posted on the other page but I don't have a Sylvanas.

2x Execute
2x Shield Slam
2x Whirlwind
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Cleave
2x Slam
2x Armorsmith
2x Cruel Taskmaster
1x Wild Pyromancer
2x Shield Block
2x Acolyte of Pain
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Kor'kron Elite
2x Arcanite Reaper
1x Brawl
1x Azure Drake
1x Argent Commander
1x Grommash Hellscream

Grom simply can't be replaced if you're running any variation of warrior control. Biggest drawback is that you basically autolose to more typical warrior control decks.
Leeroy?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was between Leeroy and Argent Commander, I went with Commander because I use it as removal and to put pressure on rather than as a finisher. I think the commander is in the Sylvanas slot from the original decklist, so the slot basically calls for any kind of efficient and difficult to remove creature. I could have gone with Sunwalker, but after the mirror druid is the decks worst matchup, so I don't want to randomly lose matches to black knight.

Surprised how few rogues I've seen so far, but I'm only 10 atm. Maybe all the rogues ranked up super fast on day 1, lol.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I like the design they have for the season 3 card back, even though I think i would stick with season 2 for now. Last weekend I cleaned out my quest queue and it has been nice to only have one object per an evening. I've made a challenge for myself to work up one rank a day during the season and because I only had rank 19 last season I just finished getting back to 21.

Right now I'm playing whatever deck finishes my daily. After rank 20 I may just work on leveling those classes I've let lag behind because the level 15/20 free cards aren't bad.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
The card backs are starting out simple and smart looking. Eventually, the card backs will have little techno wings added as we get to more and more rare levels along with day-glow colors.. This is Blizzard after all.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
There is a new cleaned-up version of the Alexstrasza mage deck that is really good and will probably gain traction in the ladder. Much better than the previous iterations. Scored Alex myself from a gold pack and tried it today, i can see it getting to legendary.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
So we are not going to see expansions in HS like we do in MTG? 300+ card blocks with 2-3 150 card expansions?

Just a main block and 30 card adventures?

Column_sl

shitlord
The card backs are starting out simple and smart looking. Eventually, the card backs will have little techno wings added as we get to more and more rare levels along with day-glow colors.. This is Blizzard after all.
Umm I guess you haven't seen the next card back then..

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is a new cleaned-up version of the Alexstrasza mage deck that is really good and will probably gain traction in the ladder. Much better than the previous iterations. Scored Alex myself from a gold pack and tried it today, i can see it getting to legendary.
I like alex in a mage control deck because if you play enough threats that they can't remove alex the turn you play her unless they heal or taunt next turn alex + fireball + hero power is lethal.

So we are not going to see expansions in HS like we do in MTG? 300+ card blocks with 2-3 150 card expansions?

Just a main block and 30 card adventures?
Why would you ever have the impression that they would? We weren't even sure we were getting expansions until a few months ago, so cranking out cards at that rate, if ever, would be years down the line.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't believe I had to have it used against me before I thought of using King Mukla in pally aggro. Fantastic card for the deck and the only thing it's worse against is zoo which is basically unwinnable anyway.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How is shaman good vs miracle rogue? Cause I'm starting to run into them more now that I'm in the single digit ranks.

The Master

Bronze Squire
How is shaman good vs miracle rogue? Cause I'm starting to run into them more now that I'm in the single digit ranks.
Feral Spirits are either both charges of a deadly poison and you take 6, or your (usually just one) Blade Flurry+Poison, or both your Backstabs if you have spell power. And once they get to the point where they can guarantee the taunt totem, it gets impossible. Add in pretty decent burst and lots of removal, early pressure, Lighting Storm with spellpower being able to remove concealed auctioneers, denying card draw (Rogues switched from Loot Hoarder to Novice Engineer entirely because of Earth Shock), it adds up.

Mukla is standard in Paladin agro, surprised you'd never seen it. I'm playing Reynad's Druid mill deck atm and it runs it to, burning your opponents cards is hilarious.