Hearthstone

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Miracle can do a lot more damage than 2 ice armor can counter(ice block only counters large amount if you derp), that said the mage decks usually also come with annoying as fuck creatures you'll want to remove like water elems and whatever the fuck and enough direct damage to be threatening quickly, which makes it rough. Guess it depends on the variation of the miracle but you have 2 eviscs, leeroy, 1 or 2 shadowsteps, 1 or 2 cold bloods, 2 deadly poisons, potentially an assassin's blade or a perdition blade, SI:7, azure drakes and in some cases malygos+sinister strikes, that's plenty enough to kill someone twice so 16 armor isn't a big deal, assuming all of it comes out.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I played two Freeze / Stall Mages earlier when trying to finish my daily. I also saw a streamer (forget which one but he wasn't one of the more well known ones) running the same deck.

They play a couple of Doomsayers, Frost Novas, Blizzards, Ice Barriers and Ice Blocks. They try to run the game to turn 9 when they drop Alexstraza and follow up with Pyroblast or the Thalnos, Frostbolt, Lance, Lance combo to finish the game. Everything up until that point of the wombo combo is simply delaying the game and preventing damage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's the old deck, other than it's been nerfed several times since the golden age. It's still a decent deck but not drawing the right cards can result in losing like shit. Especially Ice Block, Alex or Pyroblasts. Other day I even saw the giant variant, freeze giant, which is basically the same deck only that you fit in molten/stone giants and argus and can use these to win instead.

Freeze mage is one of the most annoying decks to play against if they're drawing the right cards. Can't do shit, then when you finally can do shit, you do no damage because ice blocks, and they generally kill you within 1turn of losing because the deck is designed around this. So frustrating. But eh at least pyro isn't 8 and blizzard isn't 4 anymore.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
That variation of freeze mage relies a lot on ghetto draw cards like Coldlight Oracles and it's generally very random. Def not some great counter against miracle rogue, but can win against anything if the draws are good. And that's what the problem with mages is: they lack good class draw cards, most classes have a way to draw on the cheap, mages have only the very mediocre Arcane Intellect and Antonidas who is a pain to setup.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Could probably run miracle mage? Auctioneer, Azure Drakes, maybe some other spellpower, running the shitty spells like arcane explosion and arcane missiles for easy draws once goblin is out, lots of removal/direct damage similar to rogue. I guess there's no free spells though. Technically miracle rogue doesn't have particularily good draws either, Shiv and Fan of Knives tend to be the only drawing cards other than the auctioneers and those only cycle, they're not like pure drawing cards, so if you don't get an auctioneer it gets pretty bad. No rogue uses Sprint(at least not that I've seen, other than arena where it's actually pretty nice). Sounds pretty good even, miracle mage. Antonidas instead of Malygos(but could also run Malygos if you wanted, Malygos+arcane missile is pretty fun), Ice Block and potentially Frost Armor would make you tankier than miracle since you won't have similar burst(no cold blood/evisc for cheap 1/2 mana 4dmg cards).

Eh might make one of these later on to see how it works out.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Mage doesn't have anywhere near the versatility in their cheap spells to make use of the gadgetzan or even create a miracle. Miracle rogue works because he's got a million ways to stall until Leeroy comes out 3 times. Mage can stall sure, and 2 fireballs is as good as 2 Leeroys, but the versatility just isn't there.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Could probably run miracle mage? Auctioneer, Azure Drakes, maybe some other spellpower, running the shitty spells like arcane explosion and arcane missiles for easy draws once goblin is out, lots of removal/direct damage similar to rogue. I guess there's no free spells though. Technically miracle rogue doesn't have particularily good draws either, Shiv and Fan of Knives tend to be the only drawing cards other than the auctioneers and those only cycle, they're not like pure drawing cards, so if you don't get an auctioneer it gets pretty bad. No rogue uses Sprint(at least not that I've seen, other than arena where it's actually pretty nice). Sounds pretty good even, miracle mage. Antonidas instead of Malygos(but could also run Malygos if you wanted, Malygos+arcane missile is pretty fun), Ice Block and potentially Frost Armor would make you tankier than miracle since you won't have similar burst(no cold blood/evisc for cheap 1/2 mana 4dmg cards).

Eh might make one of these later on to see how it works out.
Just to save you some time, it doesn't and i don't think auctioneers work well for any other class except rogues.

The reason it works for rogues is Preparation/Conceal and a large number of super cheap spells.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Miracle rogue going to single handedly keep me out of legendary this season. The deck I normally use is probably like 40% win rate vs handlock, average everything else ~65%, and 5% miracle rogue. So I use decks that "counter" miracle rogue, but they all suck in all other matchups and I never run into miracle rogue when playing them.

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Fantastic. Just a little bit longer.

rrr_img_68121.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Battle.net, or is it just HS?, has been a complete POS this morning. Is it a heavy load due to last day of the ranked season plus weekend?

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I managed to get in and finish my quests just now. My opponent pulled out a 24/24 Malygos by doubling the health and then making the attack mirror the health. I've never been so happy to have one taunt minion up and a "destroy creature with greater than 3 attack" in my hand.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I had some dailies for rogue, so I was playing a standard rogue (non-miracle). It was rather amusing, since it looked like everyone I faced was expecting miracle, so they had some really bad openers against me like priests running out wild pyro on turn 1, control warriors face hitting me with their fiery axe on turn 2, etc. Lead to some easy wins when they realized I was playing normal board control rogue instead of miracle.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I had some dailies for rogue, so I was playing a standard rogue (non-miracle). It was rather amusing, since it looked like everyone I faced was expecting miracle, so they had some really bad openers against me like priests running out wild pyro on turn 1, control warriors face hitting me with their fiery axe on turn 2, etc. Lead to some easy wins when they realized I was playing normal board control rogue instead of miracle.
This was how I initially ranked when I didn't quite have the cards to build the top-ish end decks yet (I still can't make control warrior). I still used the best cards I could but it would def throw people off. Demon locks, slooooow totem shamans, and a really fun secret mage. Eventually though no amount of cleverness and surprise can make up for just simply not having the staple cards like Leeroy or Thalnos or whatever.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm bored and dicking around with aggro pally. My list could probably be tweaked but man...how do people stand this garbage?

The one fucking time I draw an early divine favor and its against fucking zoo. this deck is shit, how do people hit legendary with this filth?

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I have had a fat Divine Favor played against my handlock once for the win but have otherwise consistently beaten that deck. Someone some where has clearly advocated it to a number of people but I am not exactly convinced. I suppose it can be lethal to handlock though so there is that in case the meta demands it.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Has there been any official comment from Blizzard on the daily quest unlimited re-roll situation? I so want to get on the gravy train but not at the expense of risking my account.