Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watch what certain streamers play and play against. For example, ErA made a meteoric last minute top 16 run last season, using handlock with the double leeroy combo stripped out in favor of jaraxxus and voidwalkers. Also, whatever the newest decks played by Reynad or posted on Tempostorm are going to be fairly popular.

It's strongly looking like the meta is going to crystallize around Miracle Rogue and Double Combo Druid as the two dominant decks, and then whatever metagame foil decks people come up with to try and counter them. I don't think we're going to see another major metagame shift unless there is some really juicy shit in remaining Naxx cards, because there is no one deck that has a strong matchup against both the way that miracle dominated the hunter metagame.

Tournament deck selection is a different thing entirely.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been running that double combo Druid list. You get to win so many games by accident its ridiculous.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I've been running that double combo Druid list. You get to win so many games by accident its ridiculous.
I had to adjust my style of play against Druids because of that deck. It is really good and sucker punches you all the time. I would think it coin flips against Zoo and loses to Shaman...It is a weird Meta choice.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I had to adjust my style of play against Druids because of that deck. It is really good and sucker punches you all the time. I would think it coin flips against Zoo and loses to Shaman...It is a weird Meta choice.
Shaman vs Druid always favors the Shaman. Shaman is less common on ladder right now though, because of the various Mage decks that are floating around, so Druid of all stripes is doing really well.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
What's the core of the double combo Druid deck (or a link to the actual deck would be fantastic)? I'm not sure that I've stumbled across it yet? Thanks.

The Master

Bronze Squire
What's the core of the double combo Druid deck (or a link to the actual deck would be fantastic)? I'm not sure that I've stumbled across it yet? Thanks.
Ramp (Innervate+Wild Growth), standard good cards (Yeti, Harvest Golem, Keeper of the Grove, Druid of the Claw, Azure Drakes, Ancient of Lore), standard spells (Wrath+Swipe), and 2x Savage Roar+Force of Nature. That is 24 cards I think. Fill in the rest to counter what you're seeing. Big Game Hunters, one Mark of the Wild+Black Knight. Thalnos to get spellpower Swipe going early vs Zoo. Cenarius is pretty common. I slotted in one Blood Knight because I am seeing a ton of divine shields on ladder atm.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Gotcha. I didn't realize that "double combo" was literal and meant 2 copies of Savage Roar + Force of Nature. I was thinking it was one of those combos and another combo.

Thanks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are basically two variations to double combo druid. One is like Master said, although I'm not sure about Yeti. Argent Commander is real popular. The other version of double combo druid is just full on token druid. I think I prefer token druid since it's slightly favored in the double combo mirror. Mega taunt druid is favored vs double combo druid though.

Handlock is looking pretty common atm, making freeze mage a solid choice for laddering right now.

The Master

Bronze Squire
There are basically two variations to double combo druid. One is like Master said, although I'm not sure about Yeti. Argent Commander is real popular. The other version of double combo druid is just full on token druid. I think I prefer token druid since it's slightly favored in the double combo mirror. Mega taunt druid is favored vs double combo druid though.

Handlock is looking pretty common atm, making freeze mage a solid choice for laddering right now.
Argent fills in one of those last six slots, though usually people only run one. And yeah, if you're going token you swap the Yetis for Twilight Teachers, and two of your last six "swappable" cards are 2x Power of the Wild.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pyromancer+Claw also good cards when facing a lot of aggro/zoo and pyro in general I like. Healing Touch also nice against non control stuff, like miracle can potentially OTK but it's a lot harder if you're at 30health all the time by healing whatever they chipped in early and against mages or a lot of aggro decks getting some heals in generally seals the deal. Guess those are better in the old control+combo than the token druid though.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Man this fucking game. So I decide to try out a mage secret deck. Ended up losing on turn 13...........and never drew a single secret. It was unreal. Especially since I had kirin tor mage and ethereal arcanist that kinda needed those secrets jesus fuck.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man this fucking game. So I decide to try out a mage secret deck. Ended up losing on turn 13...........and never drew a single secret. It was unreal. Especially since I had kirin tor mage and ethereal arcanist that kinda needed those secrets jesus fuck.
This game is trolly as fuck. Switch decks to handle aggro? Next 5 matches, control. Switch deck to play late game? Oh yea, it's face rush time! It's really funny how it works out and it happens to everyone. I watch the streams now and it happens to them constantly. Card draws can be the same way.

The Master

Bronze Squire
OK, so my house is close enough to being in order that I'm willing to host a third rerolled HS tournament in the near future. I'll throw up a poll for the date, just like last time, tomorrow. Poll will probably run till Sunday and then the tournament will be next week.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
OK, so my house is close enough to being in order that I'm willing to host a third rerolled HS tournament in the near future. I'll throw up a poll for the date, just like last time, tomorrow. Poll will probably run till Sunday and then the tournament will be next week.
Excuse my ignorance but huh? What? Please explain
smile.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Excuse my ignorance but huh? What? Please explain
smile.png
A tournament is a competition involving a relatively large number of competitors, all participating in a sport or game. More specifically, the term may be used in either of two overlapping senses:

1) One or more competitions held at a single venue and concentrated into a relatively short time interval.

2) A competition involving multiple matches, each involving a subset of the competitors, with the overall tournament winner determined based on the combined results of these individual matches. These are common in those sports and games where each match must involve a small number of competitors: often precisely two, as in most team sports, racket sports and combat sports, many card games and board games, and many forms of competitive debating. Such tournaments allow large numbers to compete against each other in spite of the restriction on numbers in a single match.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
A tournament is a competition involving a relatively large number of competitors, all participating in a sport or game. More specifically, the term may be used in either of two overlapping senses:

1) One or more competitions held at a single venue and concentrated into a relatively short time interval.

2) A competition involving multiple matches, each involving a subset of the competitors, with the overall tournament winner determined based on the combined results of these individual matches. These are common in those sports and games where each match must involve a small number of competitors: often precisely two, as in most team sports, racket sports and combat sports, many card games and board games, and many forms of competitive debating. Such tournaments allow large numbers to compete against each other in spite of the restriction on numbers in a single match.
/thumbs-up