Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm confused by this... maybe I am misunderstanding you, but if you controlled the game from start to finish then how do you lose? If you are in control shouldn't you have won? Seriously asking, as I figure you should kill him before he has a chance to pull some miracle come back.
My controlling the board means nothing when he can basically do my entire life total from his hand. I mean the real problem was that I drew very slow hands that were able to control his board but unable to put much pressure back on him, allowing him time to get the nuts draw. The real problem is that I'm playing a pretty bad deck, and I suspect the only reason I'm ranking up fairly steadily with it is because there's nothing left but the dregs this late in the season.

Still, Leeroy is easily the most meta warping card I've ever seen in any CCG. Charge is just a fundamentally broken mechanic and I doubt they'll ever address it meaningfully.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Still, Leeroy is easily the most meta warping card I've ever seen in any CCG.
mDLHfin2Q_qoikefT1CJ_og.jpg

or

Image.ashx

or

StormCrow.jpg

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ah that makes more sense then. Figured I wasn't thinking about it right. I do agree Leeroy sets up for some pretty stupid stuff, I enjoy murdering my friend who loves to play miracle rogue as well since he doesn't play it right.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if Storm Crow was something I missed or what. Jitte was pretty awful too for a while.

Edit: Oh Jesus I can't believe I never came across that joke/meme before

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Pokemon did I think.

Let's not forget shit like Skullclamp. 1 mana artifact that let's you trade any creature for a card advantage ?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
See this stupid faggotry is why I always get sick of the ladder whenever I'm close to legendary. Just lost two games in a row vs handlock where it didn't matter that I controlled the game from start to finish, because he can do 24 fucking damage from his hand and I can't do a thing about it.

I mean the bigger problem is miracle rogue, but Leeroy is the broken as fuck bullshit that enables both of them.
Yeah, same deal :/

Still, Leeroy is easily the most meta warping card I've ever seen in any CCG. Charge is just a fundamentally broken mechanic and I doubt they'll ever address it meaningfully.
This. Because you can't do anything on your opponent's turn, Charge is fundamentally flawed in Hearthstone.

I only played Pokemon for a couple months, but it was around at the card store I used to go to to play Star Wars CCG and MTG and they definitely banned a few cards. There was essentially a Demonic Tutor that was quite OP, as well as a few others, some Pokemon that had a 50% chance to stun with only 1 "mana." There was also a Pokemon that allowed you to essentially gain infinite "mana" that was changed/banned in some way. Star Wars CCG was incredibly complicated and they banned quite a few cards as well. Cards that are banned are almost always resource exploiting cards, in any game.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Luls.

Might be more competitive than I thought it was. Granted, this first two screenshots had a game with a godly draw. Turn (1) Coin --> Egg. (2): Egg. (3) Creeper. (4) Poison Seeds.(5) Power of the Wild + Savage Roar. So at the end of turn 4, with only two Eggs and a Creeper on the board, I ended up with a full board, 3 creatures turned into 7. A total of 16/16 out of a 0/2 a 0/2 and a 1/2. Then next turn with Power of the Wild 23/23 and Savage Roar 37/23. I also had Soul of the Forest in my hand for even more crazy shit next turn, but alas, it didn't last that long. The key is to hold certain cards in your opening hand. My opening hand had Savage Roar and Soul of the Forest and I kept both.

The second two screenshots had an average draw, but still nearly the same results. There's quite a few different win conditions, despite the simplicity of the deck. I've just added two innervates, which I'm happy about. Won on the 5th turn by doing lethal in both games. I want to fit an Argus or two in, and possibly test Leeroy, but the deck has too many 4's as is. Gotta play test a bit more, but it seems to be doing exceptionally well in the current meta.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I wish you can cast spells that's not on your turn like an interrupt or damage spell. Leeroy or any charge cards wouldn't be an issue. That's one thing I liked about M:TG.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I wish you can cast spells that's not on your turn like an interrupt or damage spell. Leeroy or any charge cards wouldn't be an issue. That's one thing I liked about M:TG.
Yeah it's a shame Blizzard views "instants" as "too complicated" for the general population. The thing with Hearthstone is that it was designed for casual players. Blizzard had no idea it would be so popular on the competitive gaming scene or that it would be such a popular Esport. So you've got really talented people playing the game competitively and increasing the overall "skill barrier" and such, which effectively increases the skill level/complexity level of which everyone plays the game and now it is essentially too simple.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Luls.

Might be more competitive than I thought it was. Granted, this first two screenshots had a game with a godly draw. Turn (1) Coin --> Egg. (2): Egg. (3) Creeper. (4) Poison Seeds.(5) Power of the Wild + Savage Roar. So at the end of turn 4, with only two Eggs and a Creeper on the board, I ended up with a full board, 3 creatures turned into 7. A total of 16/16 out of a 0/2 a 0/2 and a 1/2. Then next turn with Power of the Wild 23/23 and Savage Roar 37/23. I also had Soul of the Forest in my hand for even more crazy shit next turn, but alas, it didn't last that long. The key is to hold certain cards in your opening hand. My opening hand had Savage Roar and Soul of the Forest and I kept it.

The second two screenshots had an average draw, but still nearly the same results. There's quite a few different win conditions, despite the simplicity of the deck. I've just added two innervates, which I'm happy about. Won on the 5th turn by doing lethal in both games. I want to fit an Argus or two in, and possibly test Leeroy, but the deck has too many 4's as is. Gotta play test a bit more, but it seems to be doing exceptionally well in the current meta.
Your deck looks almost exactly like what I used the 1st day or so of Naxx..
It was fun but has some weaknesses for sure. I found Poison Seeds to mostly be a wasted card and the only time I could use them was if I had a baller opening hand with like Egg/Creeper/Seeds or for desperation to clear some big minions, in which case they are still left with a minion.

I brought Thalnos instead of Cenarious for better board clearing and brought 2x Mark of the Wilds instead of innervates. Everything else was the exact same.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah it's a shame Blizzard views "instants" as "too complicated" for the general population. The thing with Hearthstone is that it was designed for casual players. Blizzard had no idea it would be so popular on the competitive gaming scene or that it would be such a popular Esport. So you've got really talented people playing the game competitively and increasing the overall "skill barrier" and such, which effectively increases the skill level/complexity level of which everyone plays the game and now it is essentially too simple.
This is probably what lends to the frustration of playing Hearthstone, more than other card games. The sad reality is you are literally held hostage when it's not your turn and there are definitely scenarios where you can play a perfect game (or so you think) and then get bursted for 20+ damage on a turn and lose the game.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Your deck looks almost exactly like what I used the 1st day or so of Naxx..
It was fun but has some weaknesses for sure. I found Poison Seeds to mostly be a wasted card and the only time I could use them was if I had a baller opening hand with like Egg/Creeper/Seeds or for desperation to clear some big minions, in which case they are still left with a minion.

I brought Thalnos instead of Cenarious for better board clearing and brought 2x Mark of the Wilds instead of innervates. Everything else was the exact same.
Hmmm. Well I said yesterday that I thought you didn't need more than x1 Poison Seeds, but after about 12 games of play testing, I actually really like it. You just have to utilise its versatility and use it against Divine Shields etc. as much as you use it for mass minions. I do find that at times I have TOO many minions. I'll have 3 on the board and can't drop a Harvest Golem because if I do, I'll end up wasting 2 minions when I use Poison Seeds or whatever. I'm around 13-1 atm, granted that's in Casual, as I haven't wanted to risk losing Rank 3 atm, but still, it's doing really well. It definitely has weaknesses, but I've been winning against quite a wide variety of decks. My one loss was against a Paladin that got a Divine Favor for 4 because I had a shit draw. Added him and did two rematches and even though one of those had another shitty draw, I still smashed him.

I don't know what I think about Mark of the Wild though, I put the Innervates in earlier today and I am LOVING them. It allows you to really get a leg up early on if you draw one. Even using it to summon an extra Creeper on turn 2 is amazing if you have any of Poison Seeds/Savage Roar or Soul of the Forest (see above screenshot, was able to do 20 damage turn 4 thanks to Innervate). I do agree Cenarius isn't a good choice, but I just have him in there atm for fun and play testing purposes. He has saved me two games though, particularly when combined with Innervate, although ultimately I'll swap him out for something else, just not sure what yet. I do think I might take out a Keeper of the Grove or Violet Teacher for an Argus though, but not sure just yet. I'm on the offensive far too much to utilise Mark of the Wild, which will essentially be a 2/2 for me that could be wasted when I'm using Seeds or whatever.

I've yet to use Starfall or Ancient of Lore as well, so may take those out. Although that's because I usually win by turn 5 or 6, they might be good to stall until you get lethal all in one turn. Thalnos might be a good choice, as I've had a few Swipes that weren't quite what I needed them to be.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I think it has something to do with speeding the game up and not asking for permission every time someone does something. Now that isn't to say that some time in the future when they add new cards that they can't simply add cards that trigger somehow or they need to make better secrets / allow you to have more then one secret active at a time.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
We usually have this discussion about every 50 pages or so of this thread. I, for one, am glad there are no instants. You talk about being held hostage when it's not your turn? what about being held hostage when it IS your turn, for EVERYTHING you want to play, and EVERYTHING you want to attack, making you wait until your opponent says "ok yes you can do that, go ahead."?

Keep that shit out of hearthstone plz.