Hearthstone

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I read that you should get every class to 10 to unlock all the basic cards, wondering though, should I play expert AI for that or does playing normal AI which is a lot easier level just as fast?
As far as I can tell xp is earned by the number of turns played, with a slight bonus if you're playing in Play or Arena. You also obviously get more xp if you win.

If you have access to a second account/computer you can continuously challenge a friend to a duel. It takes about 30-45 seconds to cycle through matches if you have them concede during the first hand discard and quickly queue up another match. To level all of your characters to 10 it would take at least 45 min to an hour (assuming most are level 1).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Played a bit over the last few days and I'm already moving on. It's the kind of game where I don't actually have fun winning (or even playing, for that matter) but when I make an awful mistake or lose it still pisses me off.

My arena games have started insanely well. All the hours spent watching ek0p and trump paying off. Also I feel there has been bunch of new players coming in because some were just really bad.

8-3 Shaman
9-2 Priest
7-3 Mage
9-1 Warrior
9-2 Rogue

Hoping this continues
smile.png
Pretty surprised at the rogue run. I had 0 weapons and only 1 deadly poison. No assassinate either.

Really loving the game so far.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My arena games have started insanely well. All the hours spent watching ek0p and trump paying off. Also I feel there has been bunch of new players coming in because some were just really bad.

8-3 Shaman
9-2 Priest
7-3 Mage
9-1 Warrior
9-2 Rogue

Hoping this continues
smile.png
Pretty surprised at the rogue run. I had 0 weapons and only 1 deadly poison. No assassinate either.

Really loving the game so far.
Guess I need to watch some streamers too. I've barely scratched 7 with a fairly well drafted mage deck, but every other class struggle to reach 4.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So are there any plans for community/economy in this game at all? It's entertaining but playing faceless strangers over and over for dailies is going to get old fast without any overarching objectives, and if I can't play the trading game I think I'll lose interest pretty quickly.

Elerion

N00b
So are there any plans for community/economy in this game at all? It's entertaining but playing faceless strangers over and over for dailies is going to get old fast without any overarching objectives, and if I can't play the trading game I think I'll lose interest pretty quickly.
Yeah, I'm feeling isolated after just a few nights of playing this. The game is still fun, but the complete lack of communication and community features is getting to me. Aside from the chat wheel clicks, there's no indication you are playing actual people. There is no league table, no chat, no trading, no mini-tournaments, nothing to make you feel like you are part of an ecosystem. You're just grinding in your own echo chamber.

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
When i draft for the arena, are the cards available to me based on the cards I have unlocked in my spellbook and the level of the respective character or not?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
When i draft for the arena, are the cards available to me based on the cards I have unlocked in my spellbook and the level of the respective character or not?
They're all cards available in the game, not just what's in your collection.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'm feeling isolated after just a few nights of playing this. The game is still fun, but the complete lack of communication and community features is getting to me. Aside from the chat wheel clicks, there's no indication you are playing actual people. There is no league table, no chat, no trading, no mini-tournaments, nothing to make you feel like you are part of an ecosystem. You're just grinding in your own echo chamber.
I'm hoping that they announce another game mode at Blizzcon. There's a space right underneath the arena button that's unused and I'm hopeful that it's some kind of spectator mode for tournaments or maybe a multiplayer mode (group vs boss AI).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One thing I don't get is, what's the point of starting? It seems to me that being 2nd is pretty much always better because of the additional card+ring. Maybe if you play an aggro deck starting is better since you can get the minion edge earlier but at least for my playstyle it's always shit.

I played Priest in arena since I heard the stories, went 7-3 for first priest play so it was definitely good, but the 2 games I lost when I started I feel I would have been able to do better if I had not started first. The 3rd one was just shitty draw after shitty draw, at turn 3 I had 3x 5+mana cards in my hand while my opponent was doing some aggro murloc rush deck shit so by the time I got mana for one card I was already under 15health and didn't have a single holy nova so yeah.

Also went 2/3 as warrior twice, first time I had a pretty shitty draft I think, no weapons(only the smith guy you summon that gives you 2/2) and low on control, really shit luck draft, 2nd one I had an actual good deck but still got wrecked by 2priests and 1mage playing control shit and didn't have enough lategame cards or draws I guess.

Game is kinda fun but I feel the smart plays a fairly reduced with the formula they've taken, games go faster and shit but that makes it pretty boring quickly imo. Also playing arena so you can get cards for constructed that you don't use if you play arena seems a bit pointless. Obviously you couldn't use them regardless but meh don't see much of a point in constructed until you have gotten quite a bunch of cards.

One thing I don't get is, what's the point of starting? It seems to me that being 2nd is pretty much always better because of the additional card+ring. Maybe if you play an aggro deck starting is better since you can get the minion edge earlier but at least for my playstyle it's always shit.
Point of starting is that you can always play a higher mana cost card first and the opponent has to react to you (coin was made to combat this problem). There is a blizz post about it posted earlier in this thread and their stats say it's pretty even winrates now with card+coin for second.

Trump's (a very good player and streamer) arena stats can be seen herehttp://local.se/trumpstats.pl
Overall pretty even with going first having slight edge in general. I'm definitely collecting my own stats because I'm interested in seeing which one seems better for me, but I need way more games still.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Alright, priest is just broken. Mind Control plus northshire cleric is just stupid as hell. I have gone 7-3 and 9-2 in my drafts and I am a complete noob who hasn't watched a single stream.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So something funny happened to me just now in the arena. I was playing mage against a hunter. Game was close the whole way through, we made it to around turn 12 or so. I manage to get the hunter down to 1 life, but can't finish it. I'm at 10 life, but the hunter has enough minions on the board to beat me easily. I figure it's over. On the hunters turn, instead of just finishing me, he tries to get all flashy, summoning more stuff and playing spells, and killing all my minions. Then he goes to finish, but ends up only bringing me to 1 life before running out of mana and minions with an attack left. I guess he miscounted before trying to show off. Next round, I ping him for 1 damage with the mage ability, and win the match.

Guess the lesson is when you have a win, go for the kill instead of trying to make a dramatic finish!

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Well I'm already kinda bored of the game, being bad at arena means you can only do so much content in a day. Can't really play any serious constructed since so many cards are missing.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
This game is fun but... to those saying it has a lot of depth, I'm just not seeing it. I play mostly constructed using a warlock deck designed to overwhelm the enemy with minions and my golden Onyxia. I've lost three or four times out of about 40 games. MTG 2013 has way more complexity. I won't play this game for long if they do not introduce some kind of social network system, and more creative ways of engaging other players in card battles besides "Play" and "Arena" modes.

Citz

Silver Squire
I'm a bit of a CCG noob so I'm wondering what does MTG offer that Hearthstone doesn't have?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Infinitely larger card pool, more types of cards, interaction during opponents turn, non-static resource gain, far more complex rules in general. Could kind of go on like this for a while. There's really 0 comparison.