Hearthstone

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Reynad's Mad Scientist Hunter already looks like a deck polished by a month of testing. It's complete as is.
Because it already was a complete deck, it's just the stock Midrange Hunter deck from last week with less removal and add 2 Mad Scientist/1 Leeroy. Mad Scientist is just that good, the ultimate tempo play.

Deathrattle Hunter beats it consistently, really any Face strategy does - but unless you play against nothing but slower Hunter decks your in trouble. That's why both Trump and Amaz switched to it after trying to counter it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's more complicated than just "+2 Mad Scientist, +1 Leeroy." The most recent builds of Hunter had gotten away from traps completelyandthis new version doesn't run Tracking, a card hard to get away from. Reynad skipped what would have been a couple natural evolutions of that deck and just handed out the finished product.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
It's more complicated than just "+2 Mad Scientist, +1 Leeroy." The most recent builds of Hunter had gotten away from traps completelyandthis new version doesn't run Tracking, a card hard to get away from. Reynad skipped what would have been a couple natural evolutions of that deck and just handed out the finished product.
Truth. When I went to make the deck I naturally added Tracking and was surprised when I couldn't fit all the cards into the deck.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Were I tournament player I would want to have in my stable of decks Hunter and whatever the refined Mad Scientist Freeze Mage deck ends up being with the plan being to run two amazing trap based decks while always banning my opponent's Hunter and thus the only class with reliable trap removal. You can't even really test Freeze Mage right now when 75% of your opponents are running two copies of Flare but it has to have potential.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Can't get passed rank 20, haha. Every single player I encounter has 2-4 rare/epic/legendaries.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Can't get passed rank 20, haha. Every single player I encounter has 2-4 rare/epic/legendaries.
Don't worry about the epics/legendaries, they're overrated in terms of need at that level of play. Experience is more important imho. How long have you been playing? The game is WAY more nuanced than it initially lets on, and a lot of success comes from knowing how other decks play. Experience is more likely to get you up ranks rather than having a good amount of epics or legendaries imho.

Column_sl

shitlord
Probly because you're gay

rrr_img_73728.jpg

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Only started a couple days ago. Was on a nice streak (7 win) and got from the worst rank to 20. Love them bonus stars. Probably the worst thing aside from the legendaries, is the constant taunts. AND THE STACKING ARMOR. lol

The Master

Bronze Squire
Don't worry about the epics/legendaries, they're overrated in terms of need at that level of play. Experience is more important imho. How long have you been playing? The game is WAY more nuanced than it initially lets on, and a lot of success comes from knowing how other decks play. Experience is more likely to get you up ranks rather than having a good amount of epics or legendaries imho.
Rank 20 is actually brutal this late in the season, because of all the people that derank to farm wins for golden heroes. Tons of people with a lot of experience and excellent cards to pick from. I was helping a friend rank up the other day and it took us like four hours to get to rank 19 from rank 20, then in two hours he was rank 13.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rank 20 is actually brutal this late in the season, because of all the people that derank to farm wins for golden heroes. Tons of people with a lot of experience and excellent cards to pick from. I was helping a friend rank up the other day and it took us like four hours to get to rank 19 from rank 20, then in two hours he was rank 13.
This late in the season? It's halfway.

Also, I'm doing the rank 20 farm thing this season, and I'd say less than 1 in 10 of my games is against another high level player win farming. You must have had some incredible bad luck.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Ahh ok, then it makes sense now. I always wondered why the fuck some guy with an all gold deck was languishing at the lower ranks.

The Master

Bronze Squire
This late in the season? It's halfway.

Also, I'm doing the rank 20 farm thing this season, and I'd say less than 1 in 10 of my games is against another high level player win farming. You must have had some incredible bad luck.
Might have been the time of day. And yeah, halfway is pretty late. First week or so things shake out fairly evenly, and after that happens is when people who are just grinding wins and then deranking to get golden heroes start in, because most of the rank 20s at that point are scrubs. So they've been doing it for about a week at this point usually.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll take your word for it, this is my first season doing it. I'm also not doing it hardcore, I'm just farming my thirty daily wins since I didn't save enough gold for Naxx.

My original plan was to grind out golden warrior, since it's my favorite class and golden hero, but I was already was at level 60 by 270ish ranked wins and the thought of just sitting there grinding out that many more wins without gaining any xp changed my mind, so I've been leveling rogue instead since it was one of my two lowest level classes, and Golden Senjins are pretty fuckin legit.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Yep, I know that feeling. I feel bad if I play anything but Rogue, Hunter, Druid, or Paladin because everything else is 60. Paladin is 58 now so I'm going to have to move on soon.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm not talking about Kolento's version of Hunter that had already removed Traps and Bows - there was another more controlling version that's been in the rank 1-5s that was pretty much 3 cards off from the build Reynad streamed.

He also didn't invent it anyways, some dude on Hearthpwn posted a Mad Scientist trap build that was like 29/30 cards when the cards first got spoiled and had been theorycrafting it for awhile in anticipation. But Reynad was the first person with a lot of viewers to stream it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Only started a couple days ago. Was on a nice streak (7 win) and got from the worst rank to 20. Love them bonus stars. Probably the worst thing aside from the legendaries, is the constant taunts. AND THE STACKING ARMOR. lol
I've only been playing about a month.

We can be noobbros.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Wow. That Mad Scientist Huntard deck is sickening good. I took it out for a spin and finished a huntard dominance quest in 6 games. My only loss was to a hyper aggro Warlock who had the perfect opening hand and draws. But I crushed a Handlock, control warrior and the same shaman two times back to back (one other win in there but, for the life of me, I can't remember what it was). I think my last win he conceded really early on so it wasn't memorable.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been running the same deck (minus the 2 mad scientists + 1 BGH +1 kodo) since the start of the season (and for the RR tourney) and it has been an incredible deck. Going to add the scientists this weekend and mess around with them.