Hearthstone

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah... I NEVER played Hunter at all before like yesterday. Beyond getting the basic cards... and I went from Rank 9 to rank 4 with almost zero effort. The deck is just so efficient... I argue that the free secrets benefit you the most only because it forces the opponent to make misplays to find out what the secret is, all the while costing you little to put it into play. You can really gain the lead when they don't use their tasty minion to attack you and wait another turn to see if it was freezy trap or something.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
No matter how many Hunters I run into with the same 26 or so cards, I'll never hate them as much as I hate all of you Mage players.
biggrin.png

Column_sl

shitlord
The Scientist hunter deck is a good ladder deck, but I can count 5 hard counters to it. 2 of them being viable tournament decks

So yeah, the people screaming OP on the forums are morons just because it owns every form of lock out there, and you can no longer play your braindead deck anymore.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I really wish they had a tournament system built in the game so you could just non-stop tournament. 150g or $2 to enter, prizes for top couple places, and you could even have varying player start amounts. Sign up for an 8 person one that starts as soon as 8 players sign up, 16 players, etc up to however many they wanted. I think it would be a lot of fun. I used to play Legends of Norrath (a shitty SoE card game) that had a built in tournament system like this and it worked well.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So a fun bug Hearthstone appears to have on my PC is if it closes due to sitting idle in whatever menu screen, when I relaunch it, it locks up windows and I have to restart my pc. So that's neat.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I really wish they had a tournament system built in the game so you could just non-stop tournament. 150g or $2 to enter, prizes for top couple places, and you could even have varying player start amounts. Sign up for an 8 person one that starts as soon as 8 players sign up, 16 players, etc up to however many they wanted. I think it would be a lot of fun. I used to play Legends of Norrath (a shitty SoE card game) that had a built in tournament system like this and it worked well.
It'll happen eventually. Give it a year or two when they realize they need an additional gold sink. Personally all I want right now is the observer mode.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So a fun bug Hearthstone appears to have on my PC is if it closes due to sitting idle in whatever menu screen, when I relaunch it, it locks up windows and I have to restart my pc. So that's neat.
Are you using windows 8 or 8.1? There's a huge bug in the last patch. You need to find the exe and put it in compatability mode for win 7.

Viseryn_sl

shitlord
If you are on Windows 8, try running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. The last patch made Hearthstone unplayable for a lot of people.

Edit: Guess I should have refreshed, either way, slippery has good advice.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Typically, I dislike playing hunter...However, I thought I'd try this new one with one change of switching out the Haunted Creepers for Deadly shots. I said I would play until I lost...I'm at 9-0 and ran out of time to play. The deck is stupid good.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are you using windows 8 or 8.1? There's a huge bug in the last patch. You need to find the exe and put it in compatability mode for win 7.
If you are on Windows 8, try running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. The last patch made Hearthstone unplayable for a lot of people.

Edit: Guess I should have refreshed, either way, slippery has good advice.
Yup, I am in fact. I'll switch it to that although I mostly get bored after a few games anyway right now :p Thanks!

Column_sl

shitlord
My control game survived the last wave of Huntard, it will survive this one as well!
well the Scientist Hunter deck is good against the majority, not just a couple of decks

For instance, I am pretty much 100% in rank 5 and under against all forms of warlocks,Rogues and Druids.
I'm a little over 25% against Shaman, and Warriors.

And almost 0% on priests. I've only won 6 games, and it was because I had the luck of the gods with me, or my opponent was braindead.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
well the Scientist Hunter deck is good against the majority, not just a couple of decks

For instance, I am pretty much 100% in rank 5 and under against all forms of warlocks,Rogues and Druids.
I'm a little over 25% against Shaman, and Warriors.

And almost 0% on priests. I've only won 6 games, and it was because I had the luck of the gods with me, or my opponent was braindead.
I don't disagree but I will still try to press Control! =)

I had my dream Druid draw with my new card tonight:

rrr_img_73860.jpg

This ended in a decisive win.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So it looks like priest is the answer to the meta atm, since it destroys control warrior and has a reasonably good matchup against hunter. It's only real weakness (so far) is miracle, which is pretty bad against the rest of the meta. Also handlock, but handlock is terrible with hunter being so big.

Never thought I would ever say that about priest.