Hearthstone

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don't like Zombie Chow. Although it's something special to have 2 Chows out, pop a Soulpriest and a Rivendare and suicide 20 damage.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
It is funny...I must have played terrible warriors and priests...I had no issue with them with that retarded hunter deck.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So it looks like priest is the answer to the meta atm, since it destroys control warrior and has a reasonably good matchup against hunter. It's only real weakness (so far) is miracle, which is pretty bad against the rest of the meta. Also handlock, but handlock is terrible with hunter being so big.

Never thought I would ever say that about priest.
What's the deck of choice for Priest this round?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's the deck of choice for Priest this round?
There's a few variations, there's the "standard" priest with a few naxx cards but mostly the old control priest(google amaz priest deck and you'll find a list, more recent ones have those zombies that heal for 5 when they die, you play them either early or with Auchenai for a 5damage nuke deathrattle) and a kinda aggro deathrattle spam priest that makes use of the new priest card in particular. Then there's always a divine spirit/inner fire variation that's not very reliable but leads to fun games. Basically bunch of high health minions and you double it then make them super strong with inner fire. Deathlord is especially good for these. Rivendare too so fits nicely in the deathrattle deck.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Kolento was playing a Wailing Soul/Ancient Watcher deck that was doing work. Was almost all minions, I think his only spells were PW:S, Circle, and Holy Nova.

Also Miracle Rogue is all over legend right now, watching multiple streamers run into it multiple games in a row.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Was like 2 wins from Legendary playing Mad Scientist hunter (with some changes, namely replacing Explosive traps since I stopped seeing Zoo) then I kept hitting a wall of Priests and Control Warriors that at best I was winning ~45% of the time.

Also, the Hunter mirror seems to come down to who draws the most Flares and what the RNG gods give you from Webspinner.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is roughly what Sjow was running last night and crushing people pretty well.

2x Holy Smite
2x Power Word Shield
2x Northshire Cleric
1x Shadow Word Pain
1x Crazed Alchemist
2x Wild Pyromancer
2x Shadow Word Death
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Dark Cultist
2x Deathlord
1x Shadow Madness
2x Chillwind Yeti
1x Holy Nova
1x Loatheb
2x Sludge Belcher
2x Holy Fire
2x Cabal Shadow Priest
1x Sylvanas Windrunner

Column_sl

shitlord
It is funny...I must have played terrible warriors and priests...I had no issue with them with that retarded hunter deck.
Yeah, I would love to know the secret strat against a good priest because they can do everything a scientist hunter can do, but the priest nax deck can do it better.

In ranks 3 ,and below you will hardly find any bad players anymore.

Column_sl

shitlord
Also Miracle Rogue is all over legend right now, watching multiple streamers run into it multiple games in a row.
Give me Miracle all day please. I need another 50 free wins
cool.png

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Watching a bunch of the top streamers play against that hunter deck lately has been entertaining. People get so befuddled by the traps and make huge play mistakes that they would never make in other contexts.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a new player just starting out, what should I be doing?

Got mage to level 12 , and ive been saving the gold I have gotten from quests.

Searched a free mage deck but im getting stomped on play mode pretty hard. Do I need to buy decks to compete?

Do I need to level all classes to get more cards? Any tips?

Brand

Molten Core Raider
As a new player just starting out, what should I be doing?

Got mage to level 12 , and ive been saving the gold I have gotten from quests.

Searched a free mage deck but im getting stomped on play mode pretty hard. Do I need to buy decks to compete?

Do I need to level all classes to get more cards? Any tips?
Go watch some streams on drafting in Arena and basic play...Then sit in Arena learning the basics and grinding out gold. Once you get some cards and dust built up then venture into the world of ladder.

Make sure you complete all the basic card sets with a given class before you use it...It gives you the basic cards.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Level all classes to 10. Beat all practice mode heroes on normal and on expert. Run an Arena (your first will be free). Even if you struggle with it, make sure you unlock the first wing of Naxx (it's still free so even if you can't beat the bosses yet, you'll be able to come back later and do so). That will be a good start and get you a few packs of cards.

You don't have to spend real money on the game to enjoy it. What spending money does is skips a large part of the grind. Playing completely free, it will take you a solid 2 or 3 months to develop one or two competitive decks. Even the cheapest ones still take time to put together if you're not willing to disenchant any card that doesn't fit into it (and as a new player it's understandable that you don't want to disenchant everything willy nilly). With that being said, evaluate what is your worst common card and disenchant that one for a one time bonus of dust that will let you craft a rare of your choice.

I recommend Liquid Hearth as a good site that has a lot of newbie guides out there. Some are going to be outdated but they're still good starting points.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How much of this game is playing intelligently and how much of it is just having the right cards/deck?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
One last piece of advice I like to give to all the true newbies. Recognize the fact that some games are unwinnable for you. Bad players will throw a hissy fit, cry and scream how unfair it was to lose. Don't be that guy. A good player will look at the loss and analyze it to see where mistakes were made and adapt their play accordingly. And as a related note, there are also going to be plenty of games where you do everything "right" and still lose. It's easier said than done but in those cases it's best to suck up the loss and move on.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
How much of this game is playing intelligently and how much of it is just having the right cards/deck?
There's a little from column A and a little from column B. Having more cards or the right deck will give you more options. But if you blindly play a single deck over and over again, you're going to hit times when you struggle hard. A part of intelligent play is to analyze the current meta (what decks are popular and what decks counter those popular decks) and play accordingly. Again, a true newbie is going to struggle here because they might not have the options to make multiple decks that take advantage of the Meta.

So intelligent play is the most important but you really do need to have the cards and decks to take advantage of intelligent play. Intelligently playing a good deck will win you more games than intelligently playing a bad deck.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Does Mage's Fireblast ever become a 2 damage hit? Seems like every single other hero has "2 points" either a heal or damage to the other hero.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Many top dudes have made it to legendary with a free to play deck. They do dedicate all day every day to playing on the internet for pocket change from strangers though.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Does Mage's Fireblast ever become a 2 damage hit? Seems like every single other hero has "2 points" either a heal or damage to the other hero.
It's only 1 damage because you can hit whatever you want on the board. The option make up for the 1 damage. (fun to do: put Enrage minions in your deck then enrage them yourself)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No. The difference here is that Fireblast can target anything. It's easily the strongest hero power.