Hearthstone

The Master

Bronze Squire
Would be curious to see how old Zoo does on ladder right now. Old zoo was so much faster compared to the deathrattle heavy post-Naxx Zoo.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
A lesson in the effects of not clearing KT on the turn he comes out:

rrr_img_74407.jpg

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
This game was fun. My opponent stole a Reincarnate and was also running Feugan/Stalag & Rivendare. We almost had like 5 Thaddius each. I'm still not sure I completely understand the rules of Thaddius being summoned.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hunter Secrets deck is so much fun. Just enough randomness with alchemist and webspinner to get some really hilariously uncomfortable positions for the opponent while still being strong enough to win games.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
This game was fun. My opponent stole a Reincarnate and was also running Feugan/Stalag & Rivendare. We almost had like 5 Thaddius each. I'm still not sure I completely understand the rules of Thaddius being summoned.
If one of them *dies*, the other one spawns Thaddius after it *dies*,regardless of who played what and when. So if opponent plays one, it dies, then you play the other, it will still spawn Thaddius if it dies. It doesn't work if either of them are returned to your hand, hexed, or transmorphed, etc.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
And at every point after that, either one dying spawns another Thaddius, right? So with Faceless and Baron and stuff, yo ucould feasibly see something like 13+ Thaddius in one game.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If one of them *dies*, the other one spawns Thaddius after it *dies*,regardless of who played what and when. So if opponent plays one, it dies, then you play the other, it will still spawn Thaddius if it dies. It doesn't work if either of them are returned to your hand, hexed, or transmorphed, etc.
Yeah but it gets much trickier with multiple Feugans or Stalags dying at the same time and giving priority etc and summoning duplicates from past dead.

Lololol Rivendare + Sludge Belcher with Ancestral Spirit = opponent instantly concedes. Love smashing zoo with this Shaman deck I made. Actually, it's doing surprisingly well, made it for fun because as I said earlier I feel done with constructed cos so slow, but hmm. Seems if you only utilise low cost minions with ancestral spirit and reincarnate combo, it's actually quite feasible. I don't run anything over 4 mana except for the Sludge Belcher and Feugen/Stalag. It's a lot of fun and there are several ways to win. I just had a game where I did over 18 damage with Leper Gnomes and that was ONLY their death rattle and I could have done much much more.

Thinking of pitching the Zombie Chows for something in the 3 drop range, but not sure what yet. I had no Leeroy in because it was just for fun, but will prob put him in now that I'm winning with it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Doing a really weird, but quite good Shaman draft just now. One of the weirdest drafts I've ever had out of nearly 1000 wins.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah but it gets much trickier with multiple Feugans or Stalags dying at the same time and giving priority etc and summoning duplicates from past dead.

Lololol Rivendare + Sludge Belcher with Ancestral Spirit = opponent instantly concedes. Love smashing zoo with this Shaman deck I made. Actually, it's doing surprisingly well, made it for fun because as I said earlier I feel done with constructed cos so slow, but hmm. Seems if you only utilise low cost minions with ancestral spirit and reincarnate combo, it's actually quite feasible. I don't run anything over 4 mana except for the Sludge Belcher and Feugen/Stalag. It's a lot of fun and there are several ways to win. I just had a game where I did over 18 damage with Leper Gnomes and that was ONLY their death rattle and I could have done much much more.

Thinking of pitching the Zombie Chows for something in the 3 drop range, but not sure what yet. I had no Leeroy in because it was just for fun, but will prob put him in now that I'm winning with it.
I'd toss a Mana tide totem in there if you running a deck with that low curve.

Lol that shaman draft. 3 spectral knight, 2 fire elem and a whole bunch of do the rest of these cards really matter?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Doing a really weird, but quite good Shaman draft just now. One of the weirdest drafts I've ever had out of nearly 1000 wins.
What made you pick War Golem and Fen Creeper ? o_O Feral Spirit is bonkers in arena and Spectral Knight is tough to remove, especially with some totems backing him up for trades.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What made you pick War Golem and Fen Creeper ? o_O Feral Spirit is bonkers in arena and Spectral Knight is tough to remove, especially with some totems backing him up for trades.
I used to be very good at arena, regular 12 wins. I average around 7 now (been many months since I played consistently). I picked War Golem because the alternatives were something like Goldshire and Razorfen Hunter and I needed late game. Fen Creeper again, next to really ass. Plus Fen isn't that bad with Flametongues.

Am 7-2 with it atm, playing against a Paladin that has used 4 Humilities on me so far by turn 6 (plus a Peacekeeper). Wtf? Does that shit actually work ? How is he at 7 wins with 4+ humility. Jesus christ.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Humility is a great arena card. It slows down the game a ton and Paladins late-game are just a nuisance. I've had 8/8s get Humilitied and then die to 1/1 tokens over 8 turns in arena because I could just not kill the Paladin. Plus it often opens up favorable trades that give you more then a card worth of value.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Humility is a great arena card. It slows down the game a ton and Paladins late-game are just a nuisance. I've had 8/8s get Humilitied and then die to 1/1 tokens over 8 turns in arena because I could just not kill the Paladin. Plus it often opens up favorable trades that give you more then a card worth of value.
It's a great card, 1 or 2 of them. But 4? No way does that not hurt you.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus Kel'Thuzad is disgustingly stupid. Put him in super taunt heavy Druid, the very first game I play with it he just auto wins the game against Reynad Hunter. Turn 2 Wild Growth, turn 3 coin Sludge Belcher, turn 4 Sludge Belcher, turn 5 Innervate Kel'Thuzad. GG, that's game folks. You basically have to have silence if he gets put up behind something like Sludge Belcher or you just auto lose. He even Hunters Mark and put up what was guaranteed to be an explosive trap, but I can just wait it out and improve my board until it's a one turn kill and doesn't matter if I lose him. By the end of the game I had a Druid of the Claw in Taunt, Black Knight, Sludge Belcher, Keeper of the Grove, Kel, and 2 of the 1/2 Taunts that I would have replaced the next turn with better minions.

Also worth noting since the 7 minion board limit comes into play with him, first killed = first revived. So in the case of something like Sludge Belcher you want to try to kill off the 1/2's last if you're playing more creatures, that way they are the things that don't come back.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Arena doesn't always match you up to people with the same number of wins. I thought it prioritized same number of losses actually?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Arena doesn't always match you up to people with the same number of wins. I thought it prioritized same number of losses actually?
No, it tries on exact record, then wins, then as close as possible. There is some time frame where after if it doesn't hit the first it moves to the second, then the third.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
No, it tries on exact record, then wins, then as close as possible. There is some time frame where after if it doesn't hit the first it moves to the second, then the third.
No. Where did you get your information? Because it's wrong. It just matches losses with as close as possible wins. Nothing else. It would take forever to match people against the same wins first.

The Master

Bronze Squire
No. Where did you get your information? Because it's wrong. It just matches losses with as close as possible wins. Nothing else. It would take forever to match people against the same wins first.
Well, according to Ben Broden at Blizzcon prior to the patch that changed it so you could go to 12 wins, you were correct. It just tried to match wins as close as possible. Then they changed things, but didn't say how. Since then a lot of people have started friending their opponents and asking for the their current match record and posting it on Reddit. Something weird is going on, because it isn't matching wins as close as possible. Lot of very odd matches that would be very unlikely if that were the case.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've hit friends a ton of times in arena and had the EXACT record every time. The times it's off it's by 1 game in any direction. It matches exact record first 15 seconds or something, then x seconds of trying to match on number of wins, then moves farther and farther out until it finds a match. It isn't a static just find someone algorithm, it's one that accounts for time you've been sitting in the queue to see how far you match from your record because they don't want you just sitting there forever trying to find a match. This is the important part, time in queue.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll take the stats people have collected in a massive group work over one person's anecdotal evidence