Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gotta love having the game locked up against hunter until he hits a fucking 1 in 4 deadly shot on your tirion. fuck this game.
Don't forget the buzzard/unleash he used to draw 5+ cards in one turn; found the one card he needed after drawing through his entire deck, imagine that. Even if it didn't actually pan out that way that time, yeah, fuck hunters.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The thing was, he'd already used both hunters marks that game. I had the game won until he pulled off that stupid 1 in 4 bullshit.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Do you think Blizz will do anything about the lame hunter dominance?
There are decks that have very high win percentages against hunter...You just need to decide which you want to play...Rock. Paper, or Scissors. The Meta will shift again...Shaman in particular is quite strong against hunter.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are decks that have very high win percentages against hunter...You just need to decide which you want to play...Rock. Paper, or Scissors. The Meta will shift again...Shaman in particular is quite strong against hunter.
With what deck? That matchup feels fucking hopeless to me?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
All I know is I cant win shit with warrior tonight. Feel like I should finish off this dominance quest in casual.

The Master

Bronze Squire
With what deck? That matchup feels fucking hopeless to me?
There are several good Shaman decks that will beat Hunter. It comes down to how you play the match up. Crusher Shaman, for instance, is really good vs Hunter, but it is easy to play incorrectly.

Column_sl

shitlord
Problem with playing one deck that is good against a strong meta, is if it's weak against everything else then you haven't made much progress.

IMHO Miracle rogue is very strong against hunter, and plays well against other decks as well.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Sludge Belchers give Rogue a bad time (both Miracle and Backspace). I think that is the primary reason the win rate for it is way down. It'll never go away as a deck, at a minimum it'll always be good in tournaments, but as far as ladder decks go I don't think it is a good choice.

That said I played a few games today with my variant of Backspace Rogue and it did pretty well.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I did some games today with Miracle for dominance and only lost 1 game to a zoo deck. Still solid on the ladder atm imo

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never really played any other CCG's, but is it like that in other games, where you have one or two dominate decks where it doesn't matter how much skill you have, if you don't have the exact (and I mean exact) counter deck then you are pretty much going to lose 9 times out of 10?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why do Warriors run Brawl when it is ALWAYS in the last 4 cards of your deck?
Not me, brawl was ALWAYS a dead card in my hand so I stopped running it in the middle of last season. It was good the season before when control warrior had non-existent early game, but its not really needed any longer now with ghouls and death's bites imo.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I never really played any other CCG's, but is it like that in other games, where you have one or two dominate decks where it doesn't matter how much skill you have, if you don't have the exact (and I mean exact) counter deck then you are pretty much going to lose 9 times out of 10?
They vary entirely on card pool size. With a game like hearthstone you can see easy parallels to mtg standard where you have a huge meta influence over strict deck power. The current meta is not healthy though, no. The problem isn't always the population of the dominant deck either, but if the hard counter is a worthless pile of cards otherwise then you basically have to go all in or take one for the bracket team at a tournament.

Which reminds me, why doesn't hearthstone have bracketed tournaments yet?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Are we having another ReR HS tourney soon? I'm excited to get knocked out first round.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not claiming I'm as good as Sjow, but I'm a solid player with a lot of experience playing control warrior, and it blows my fucking mind that he can grind endlessly at any rank with control warrior and I couldn't get it going at rank fucking 10 yesterday evening.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Gotta love having the game locked up against hunter until he hits a fucking 1 in 4 deadly shot on your tirion. fuck this game.
Gotta love it. Deadly Shot makes me rage more than any other card except for Mind Vision, and I have no real logical reason for why Mind Vision makes me so mad. I think it's the idea of a scrub playing it and thinking it's really good, but then getting extremely lucky and having it be very good for a 1 in a million chance opportunity. Mind Vision pisses me off like you wouldn't believe.