Hearthstone

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fawe got it. Kibler's quote pre-GvG release was "In Hearthstone, Sapphire Medallion attacks for 2."

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I think he's referring to this. Where you somehow think you're the only one that said mechwarper was OP.
Somehow? I was here at Rerolled, which is what I implied. Maybe potentially 1 other non regular poster said something, but not about being nerfed specifically. It was not even 2 weeks ago where I said it again and was told I was being silly. If you really want to get serious about this argument, we can scroll back a hundred pages and I can prove it to you, but that'd be rather tedious. Regardless, the point is, Mechwarper is a problem. The only reason so many people didn't see it as a problem was because Undertaker took center stage, but that doesn't change the fact that it was always a problematic card, which is what I said in the beginning and several times after and never had any real backup. That's all I was saying. Like I'm the first person on this forum to bring up that they were saying something before other people were saying it? Big whoop. I'm not getting all Columnserious about it, was just mentioning that I've been saying it all along so I'm glad more people can back up the argument now.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't specifically say mechwarper but I did say the 1-2 drop mechs were OP and should be in most decks. Clearly this was before a meta shook out, but yea, you were never the only one dude. I can't recall anyone calling you silly, but even if so, it was probably like 1 dude. People can have differing opinions, omg, doesn't mean everyone shares it.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I don't know man, I played a shitload of mech mage last season and got to rank 5 (only my second season, so feels good) before I got bored with it and if you push your Mechwarper(s) too hard in your opening few plays then you can also run out of steam really quick. Dropping two Mechwarpers, a chugger, spider tank and shredder all down by turn 4 sounds like a great idea, but it's like double innervating a yeti on turn one...you get to turn four or five and have 2 friggin cards in your hand. And if you exercise a bit of caution and don't dump your hand, then you aren't taking full advantage of the Mechwarper's power and thus - it's not overpowered.

I look forward to someone telling me that I haven't played long enough to have a valid opinion.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I had a fun ending today, playing a Mage against a warlock.

We're both low on life he about 7, and me about 11. I have a secret to copy minion he summons, and a part that swap health and attack.

He summons Lord Jarraxus 3/15. It gets copied, I swap health and attack for a 15/3 and win.
smile.png

Sometimes you just have exactly the right cards.
smile.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok played about 20 games tonight, and at least half of them if not more were Mech Mage.

That sucks, for one thing my deck is kinda weak against it, and for second...and it something that bugging me more and more about the game...there is no diversity anymore in ranked. People Google the best decks and that's all you see. You're always seeing the same 4 or 5 decks, it gets boring after a while.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Early in the season you're going to see a lot of the good faster decks because it's simply faster. Welcome to this kind of ladder, where getting more games in is more important than winning every game. Unless they redesign the way ranked works you're always going to see the more aggressive decks, especially earlier in the season and at the worse ranks

Lusiphur

Peasant
Early in the season you're going to see a lot of the good faster decks because it's simply faster. Welcome to this kind of ladder, where getting more games in is more important than winning every game. Unless they redesign the way ranked works you're always going to see the more aggressive decks, especially earlier in the season and at the worse ranks
While that is true there is another factor to consider. Playing rope burners with control decks is just an exercise in boredom. I will always play an aggro deck if I can just because there is more to life than waiting around for these morons.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Rope is understandable in arena since the amount of possibilities is much higher. There's almost no excuse to take that long in constructed.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So a few days ago I open a few packs and get Hemet, today I open another 7 and get Windlord.

I mean I can't complain about getting legendary cards, but fuck if I don't get the shittiest ones.

Should I just fucking dust both of them? I especially don't see Nesingwary ever getting any play.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't mind rope after round 5 or so, since sometimes there's quite a few options. Should be once in a while and not every turn.

What I cannot stand though, is rope on turn 1 with 1 mana. Seriously it's not like you have that many options at that point.
smile.png

Lusiphur

Peasant
It is only annoying in ranked play tbh. Arena is fair enough and if it is casual I just concede. Did that yesterday to some guy who roped on the first three turns then tried to friend me to gloat. I mean, really?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
So a few days ago I open a few packs and get Hemet, today I open another 7 and get Windlord.

I mean I can't complain about getting legendary cards, but fuck if I don't get the shittiest ones.

Should I just fucking dust both of them? I especially don't see Nesingwary ever getting any play.
Al'akir is played in a lot of Shaman decks if that's who you mean. He adds a lot of reach to their deck.

Hemet probably never going to be good unless shit changes.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just had a Black Knight in my Paladin Draft. 8 games in and I haven't been able to use it on a single target. Feels like nobody is placing priority on taunts in Arena anymore. Can't even get a damn Rusty Horn.