Hearthstone

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The most sensible fix to Commander would be for her to have the ability after she's been sitting around a turn. If they could find the means to code that.

Anything else will be an occasional problem or nerf it into uselessness. The problem is she allows no chance of reaction right now instead of a short window of opportunity to disrupt.
Fixes like this or the previously mentioned 2 power limited are a band-aid for this deck, just like the old change was a band aid for giant warrior. Without outright removing it, I'd say making the effect apply to the first minion each turn is the best solution. With that, swarming combos are disabled, both the current incarnation and any future shenanigans of that kind.At the same time the card remains interesting enough for their core audience (casuals) by enabling nice but small surprise plays or comebacks.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm disappointed with the Tavern Brawl so far, it's just too gimmicky. I was hoping for special rules in deck building which would have made things interesting. Also the lack of reward after the first win makes it fairly pointless.
I dislike brawl as much as the next guy and stopped playing it right after my pack every week so far - but from what I can tell it has better rewards then casual and ranked play (both only give card backs, brawl at least gives extra dust). It's working a intended I think, being a nice diversion that's interesting for a few games every week. And maybe every other month the special deck or game rules of a given week might tickle your particular fancy.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea this brawl there was basically 0 decision making. Which is kinda fun in the Mage/Hunter class challenges cause you are just whomping on an AI, but vs another player with the same deck it just comes down to rng vs rng with the people may as well not being there.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I might start playing around in arena soon again. I was absolutely awful at it in the beginning, but perhaps now I'll be better.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe if you just play a hunter yourself :p I mostly play arena so it's the rare game where it seems like my decisions had no impact on the match.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I might start playing around in arena soon again. I was absolutely awful at it in the beginning, but perhaps now I'll be better.
Same here. Averaged between 3-5 with 7 being the most wins. Can't be much worse right?

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Same here. Averaged between 3-5 with 7 being the most wins. Can't be much worse right?
Highest I ever got was 4 wins.
frown.png

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Picked rogue earlier in brawl. Received 2 headcracks and a conceal in the first 3 rounds, every match, for 5 games straight.
TrainWreck1.gif

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's an order of operations things and it's not intuitive at first. You see it all the time when playing Mage against Oil Rogue when they SI:7 your Scientist. Basically battlecrys happen before something hits the table and deathrattles occur after it would hit the table. So in the Rifleman example, the Rifleman will shoot the sheep and kill it, hit the board and then the sheep's explosion goes off hurting the rifleman. Like I said, it's not intuitive.
No, that's fairly intuitive. It's Drtyrm's example that makes no sense, where the deathrattle triggers after a minion has hit the board but somehow mirror entity also triggers.

I'm not terribly sure the complaint since you'd generally be pretty happy that a Keeper of the Grove gets mirrored, but the order of operations does seem questionable there.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, it's because I come from a MtG background and they have had a long time to clean up their rules. Hearthstone not so much. Here's the actual game text on the three cards:

Mad Scientist
Deathrattle: Put a Secret from your deck onto the battlefield.

Keeper of the Grove
Choose one - Deal 2 damage; or Silence a minion.

Mirror Entity
Secret: When your opponent plays a minion, summon a copy of it.

At first I was thinking maybe it's because Keeper of the Grove isn't an actual battlecry. But, I play Keeper, kill scientist, he turns up Mirror Entity and it can see that I played Keeper and clones it. Rofl. GG Blizz.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Let's not forget that unless you have a zombie chow in hand, keeper of the grove is the best possible mirror entity in the entire deck for most druids. Druids get absolutely wrecked by tempo mage, mirroring keeper is a best case scenario.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's because I come from a MtG background and they have had a long time to clean up their rules. Hearthstone not so much. Here's the actual game text on the three cards:

Mad Scientist
Deathrattle: Put a Secret from your deck onto the battlefield.

Keeper of the Grove
Choose one - Deal 2 damage; or Silence a minion.

Mirror Entity
Secret: When your opponent plays a minion, summon a copy of it.

At first I was thinking maybe it's because Keeper of the Grove isn't an actual battlecry. But, I play Keeper, kill scientist, he turns up Mirror Entity and it can see that I played Keeper and clones it. Rofl. GG Blizz.
You're right. Keeper, like all druid choice cards, don't have battlecries. They effectively have spells. So you:

1) Played keeper
2) Chose the 2 damage spell card instead of the silence spell card
3) Killed the scientist and triggered his death rattle
4) THEN Keeper gets played and mirrored because it was played after the secret was played.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't mind how Hearthstone rules play out as long as it always does what it does. Doesn't really need to make sense since it's not up for interpretation unlike MtG back when I played many many moons ago

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
the rng is even more retarded in this one then Rag vs Nef especially if the few class cards you get are hot garbage
Yea, but better then Rag vs Nef where the only way you could ever lose as Nef was some extreme rng fail.

Banana's was even worse then the other two.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I hate when someone has lethal and they clear your board before killing you...but then miscalculate and are short 1 life for the kill and you kill them the next turn, then I love it.
smile.png

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
who the fuck ever approved a message to tell me I completed all quests for today needs to be shot.