Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I think part of the problem is that they are trying to slow the game down. But they're going about it completely the wrong way. People will play with these new fun, but slower, cards for a week and then go right back to aggro when it's obvious that aggro is still king. They need to give us ways to slow the game down by combating aggro. Not introducing funky mechanics that won't work when up against an ultra face huntard deck.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea that card is terrible.

Ancient watcher is 4/5 without the Inspire. This card should at least be a 3/4 if not 3/5. Making it a 2/4 is ridiculous.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Okay, so how does one submit a ticket in this game? I still haven't gotten the 40 packs I bought through the Amazon app.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Edit: posted this before seeing The Ancient's last reply

3/4 would let it trade with 3 health 2 drops, which seems reasonable considering you are paying to attack.

zombie chow is a 2/3 one drop... the downside to zombie cho is meaningless in a control deck whereas this card doesn't fit in any archetype. Control don't want it and aggro won't want it. This card is meant to fight aggro decks but it sucks. You can't activate it on 3 mana unless you have a 1 mana card to combo with your hero power, so unless that happens, you will fall behind the curve quickly. You just can't play this card.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
3/4 would let it trade with 3 health 2 drops, which seems reasonable considering you are paying to attack.
No, 3/4 would let it trade with 3 health 2 drops and get whatever benefit your hero power offers. So... 2 minions? 2 cards?

I'll concede it's not good for tempo mage. It trades w/ 2 2/3 drops efficiently, but those aren't really common enough to make it worthwhile. You are nuts though to think 3/4 would be balanced.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Edit: posted this before seeing The Ancient's last reply

zombie chow is a 2/3 one drop... the downside to zombie cho is meaningless in a control deck whereas this card doesn't fit in any archetype. Control don't want it and aggro won't want it. This card is meant to fight aggro decks but it sucks. You can't activate it on 3 mana unless you have a 1 mana card to combo with your hero power, so unless that happens, you will fall behind the curve quickly. You just can't play this card.
My thoughts exactly.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I actually like inspire. They are trying new things. I think it will be too slow given the cards coming out thus far... but you are also seeing the tip of the iceberg and I think people are not necessarily giving due consideration to the value from multiple inspire cards. Some of them are fairly weak value if you consider the effect to cost 2 mana... but by time you have 3-4 out the value for 2 mana might be overwhelmingly efficient.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
3/4 wouldn't suck. It wouldn't make it "insane" but it would 100% replace ancient watcher in handlock giving it almost staple status in that deck.

It still would be too slow/clunky for agro.
At 2/4 its awful and goes in the pile with the rest of the shitty inspire cards.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
3/4 wouldn't suck. It wouldn't make it "insane" but it would 100% replace ancient watcher in handlock giving it almost staple status in that deck.
probably not. That extra point of damage on your shadowflames is a big deal. Already have hellfire for 3 damage, and I don't want to lifetap to have to attack with it.

I mean, if you drop it turn 2 and tap on turn 3, you get one attack. Then you're dropping a 4 and hopefully a 5 drop on your next two turns, so it sits there dead for two turns, and then maybe you tap again if you don't have another 6 drop. It's the same problem with any deck you'd put it in. It's useless on turn 2 because it destroys your tempo to hero power on early turns with midrange/aggro decks, and control decks either have better options for contesting the board early, or are busy setting up for their lategame. Mid to late game, I'd rather just have another 4/5 drop.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
probably not. That extra point of damage on your shadowflames is a big deal. Already have hellfire for 3 damage, and I don't want to lifetap to have to attack with it.

I mean, if you drop it turn 2 and tap on turn 3, you get one attack. Then you're dropping a 4 and hopefully a 5 drop on your next two turns, so it sits there dead for two turns, and then maybe you tap again if you don't have another 6 drop. It's the same problem with any deck you'd put it in. It's useless on turn 2 because it destroys your tempo to hero power on early turns with midrange/aggro decks, and control decks either have better options for contesting the board early, or are busy setting up for their lategame. Mid to late game, I'd rather just have another 4/5 drop.
I disagree but it doesn't matter since we are discussing an already fictional card. This card is trash even worse than that 2/5 that bounces himself.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
No, 3/4 would let it trade with 3 health 2 drops and get whatever benefit your hero power offers. So... 2 minions? 2 cards?
Hero powers are overcosted, except warlock maybe. Looks like Blizzard is valuing Inspire at ~.5 or 1 mana. They are neutering these cards probably assuming people will have 2+ out at the same time.

So you pay 2 mana to drop the minion then say .5 mana everytime you want to attack, and you get to hero power, still overcosted at 1.5 mana. Example: Paladin hero power is equiv to a 0 drop, Mage equiv to a 1 drop, warrior is ~1.2 mana for 2 armor, etc.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, speculating about what it would take to replace a staple card in a major meta deck isn't quite pointless.