Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fair enough. I'm just having trouble seeing how inspire really fits this game at all in general. Most of the time if an early, low mana drop is alive next round to use its inspire you're going to win the game anyways.
Yep. Inspire as a general mechanic doesn't work at all with the tempo required to win HS games. None of these inspire cards are powerful enough to overcome how slow and clunky inspire is, you just don't have the luxury to assume you will ever get to use that hero power to activate with any efficiency. Its the old, "no immediate impact" problem.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What on earth would you replace in tempo mage for that? Frostbolt, Apprentice, Flamecannnon even Portal are all way better. Lowering the curve for that thing also wouldn't be worth it at all. It mayseemlike you will use your hero power often enough to justify it but you really won't. The only class that's really ever aiming to use its hero power every turn for most of the game no matter what is face hunter. Everyone else its a luxury or utility, not a foregone conclusion. Inspire just doesn't have enough effect when you can't be sure if the thing will even live much less if it will make sense to use the hero power next turn in the first place.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Unstable Portal has to be the most ridiculously fun spell in the game. Cannot say how many games it has won for me with its crazy draws. Started playing again last week after some months mainly with mech mage, subbed in Portals and never looked back. Played up to rank 6, don't think i have the time to hit legend though. I just had a ridiculous game against control warrior, which is normally almost an unwinnable matchup, portal gave me a 6-cost Jaraxxus, gg him trying to fight through a horde of 6/6 elementals.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
What on earth would you replace in tempo mage for that? Frostbolt, Apprentice, Flamecannnon even Portal are all way better. Lowering the curve for that thing also wouldn't be worth it at all. It mayseemlike you will use your hero power often enough to justify it but you really won't. The only class that's really ever aiming to use its hero power every turn for most of the game no matter what is face hunter. Everyone else its a luxury or utility, not a foregone conclusion. Inspire just doesn't have enough effect when you can't be sure if the thing will even live much less if it will make sense to use the hero power next turn in the first place.
I didn't say current flamewalker tempo mage. If a tempo mage deck comes to play with inspire in it, that card will be in it.

Or you guys could all be right and not a single card this expansion will be good.

Yeah, should have really been 3/4 considering it's limitation.
Jokes.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It costs 2 mana. So you play it on turn 2, and then on turn 3 you use your hero power and waste one mana anyway. That's terrible tempo in a lot of situations. It would be better as a strong 1-drop, like 2/3 with that limitation

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't say current flamewalker tempo mage. If a tempo mage deck comes to play with inspire in it, that card will be in it.

Or you guys could all be right and not a single card this expansion will be good.
Well until we see evidence of this imaginary powerful synergy everyone keeps waiting for we have to look at the cards as they stand on their own or with what we know. And so far they just aren't all that good.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
God I'm so annoyed. I got an Android emulator working on my computer. So finally, used my code, bought my 40 packs for $25. Check bank, was charged $25. All is good.

Accept my packs aren't there.

The order seems to be "pending" on Amazon but fuck, how long will that shit take?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll go on record as saying that there is nothing they could print to make Argent Watchman playable in any kind of tempo mage. The card is total shit. One extra point of health for the drawback that it can only attack if you hero power? fuck no.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Nope. I wouldn't use that in Tempo Mage. The whole point of a tempo deck is to use all mana efficiently as possible. A turn 3 where you hero power and pass isn't efficient normally. That's the turn you want to play a Kirin Tor or just a secret by itself if you lack better plays.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea it's a huge drawback for 1 health. Especially when 2/3 aren't the most desired 2 drops anyway since they can't trade into stupid shredders, or a lot of good class 3-drops. A 2/3 for 1 or a 3/4 for 2 would both be way more reasonable. But there's a lot of cards in Hearthstone that COULD be tweaked to be competitive and never will be, this just joins the pile.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Unstable Portal has to be the most ridiculously fun spell in the game. Cannot say how many games it has won for me with its crazy draws. Started playing again last week after some months mainly with mech mage, subbed in Portals and never looked back. Played up to rank 6, don't think i have the time to hit legend though. I just had a ridiculous game against control warrior, which is normally almost an unwinnable matchup, portal gave me a 6-cost Jaraxxus, gg him trying to fight through a horde of 6/6 elementals.
This is an absolutely soul crushing thing to read.

Well done.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Most of these inspire cards are garbage so far. This really looks like an arena based set. I'm sure we will see some obvious bombs for constructed soon.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I was all gung ho to preorder a 50 pack but I'm having second thoughts right now. I've got nearly 6,000 gold saved and 2,000 dust. Unless we start seeing some non-garbage cards, I'll just dump that into packs and craft the few good cards from the set.

Like I said though. They tend to hold the good stuff back. I'm hoping that's the case.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I am using the Amazon appstore app not the regular Amazon app. It downloads and installs the app... then says it fails and dumps the installer file it was using and I have to try again.
So blizzard apps have to have the same source or it won't let you install more. For most people that means if you install authenticator from play store then reinstall hearth from Amazon app it kills the install. Assume it was a weak attempt at security but at least if you uninstall authenticator it should let you install. I didn't want to bother since I only need it for coins/promos so I use an emulator on pc for Amazon version.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had ~3,000 gold and 1600 dust when gvg came out and I got basically all the needed cards from that.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I had ~3,000 gold and 1600 dust when gvg came out and I got basically all the needed cards from that.
That is very good to hear. This expansion is looking very much like that so far. I'm sure there is some really good stuff to show but I don't want anything revealed so far(maybe the 3 cost legendary with random damage).

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So blizzard apps have to have the same source or it won't let you install more. For most people that means if you install authenticator from play store then reinstall hearth from Amazon app it kills the install. Assume it was a weak attempt at security but at least if you uninstall authenticator it should let you install. I didn't want to bother since I only need it for coins/promos so I use an emulator on pc for Amazon version.
I could see that being a bug but I have the authenticator from the play store and HS from amazon with no problems. I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to whatever wrong patch nonsense Amazon has been doing over the past couple days

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don't know if it's even good in tempo mage. I don't know what they were thinking with this guy. It is completely uninspiring on a whole new level. They are trying to make the game more complicated like MTG? But in a very stupid and amateur way. Even if it was a 3/4 it would still be bad. You'd have to bump it up all the way to 4/4 imo, and then it would be very good, but not op. Also, look at Ancient Watcher. Rare, 2 mana, 4/5 with the blanket draw back of not being able to attack. That only sees play in niche decks because of silence/aoe taunt, but this isn't even worthy of a silence or a taunt! It's just awful.

I was all gung ho to preorder a 50 pack but I'm having second thoughts right now. I've got nearly 6,000 gold saved and 2,000 dust. Unless we start seeing some non-garbage cards, I'll just dump that into packs and craft the few good cards from the set.

Like I said though. They tend to hold the good stuff back. I'm hoping that's the case.
Except with the pre order out, they have no reason to do that, in fact, quite the opposite. We might have to face the fact that the entire set will just blow. It is something you'd want to think of as being unlikely, but considering it's Blizzard we're talking about here... They always play it safe, too safe. They are not innovators. What if all the people complaining about OP shit like Undertaker and Boom etc has gone to their heads and they are now afraid to make anything decent? I guess that won't bring in the $$, but with the HS pro/esports scene continuing to grow, maybe their heads aren't even in that space (considering the possibility that HS could actually decline, that is). Argent Tournament might be The Dark/Fallen Empires/Homelands 2.0. Look at the power curve MTG had as they were working out the kinks. Years of just terrible cards. Eventually HS is going to have a pure shit set.