Hearthstone

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They are looking at the amount of money people dump into MTGO and using that as a baseline, but they need to wake up and realize that for the wider market appeal they want for this, the barrier for entry needs to be lowered drastically and the incentives to keep playing after the first week need to be raised considerably.
People throw money at MTGO because you can get the money out again if you bother or redeem for paper sets. Also MTGO is only played by MTG players, which are used to the expenses. So you are right, this is gonna be CCG niche and wont appeal to the core blizzard demographic if they really view MTGO as the model to copy.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Facebook sweepstakes right now, where they are handing out another 1000 keys, but the game has nearly 100k followers... small chance, but there is a chance!!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
People throw money at MTGO because you can get the money out again if you bother or redeem for paper sets. Also MTGO is only played by MTG players, which are used to the expenses. So you are right, this is gonna be CCG niche and wont appeal to the core blizzard demographic if they really view MTGO as the model to copy.
The model this game uses is really nothing like MTGO. It's incredibly cheap. Just doing your dailies will pay for an Arena entry every night. You can easily get 2-3 hours of enjoyment out of this game a night for free. If you want to Arena all night long, then sure, you will be paying 2 the dollars.

MTGO is like 13 dollars a draft.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
I initially had zero interest in this game, but since the beta came out i have been watching a ton of streams and i really want to play it now. So if there is a chance any of you have a extra key laying around, i'll gladly take it off your hands for a few dollars.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The model this game uses is really nothing like MTGO. It's incredibly cheap. Just doing your dailies will pay for an Arena entry every night. You can easily get 2-3 hours of enjoyment out of this game a night for free. If you want to Arena all night long, then sure, you will be paying 2 the dollars.

Clearly written by someone that isn't in the beta. the daily you get gives you 40 gold. Arena entry is 150 gold. Unless you do REALLY well in arena (7+ wins) you aren't guaranteed much of anything as far as a gold return, just a pack and whatever other shit.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Clearly written by someone that isn't in the beta. the daily you get gives you 40 gold. Arena entry is 150 gold. Unless you do REALLY well in arena (7+ wins) you aren't guaranteed much of anything as far as a gold return, just a pack and whatever other shit.
And on that note, after going 2/3 in the Arena 3 times, I just went 7/3 tonight. Got 150 Gold, the pack, a stupid hunter card and 5 dust. Gogo Mage!

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

Yea that's what I was going at in reply to that mention of MTGO. Blizzard needs to make it way cheaper to reel in their usual playerbase (seems they do from what you are saying).

Anyway, is this basically a copy of the paper tcg with the needed twists to play well online? From the limited info I have read it seems that way.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I am in the beta. There's going to be 3 dailies a day eventually, that's 120 gold.

remm_sl

shitlord
If anyone was fortunate enough to get a beta key that they aren't interested in, I've been trying to get my hands on one since it started with no luck. I'd REALLY appreciate it if it's going to waste otherwise. Let me know!

Rime

<Donor>
I know that EverQuest briefly allowed you to collect LoN cards as drops in the game, I really wonder why Blizzard is not going that route. Sure, keep packs in the store, but make some cards that can also be earned from WoW achievements if you do not want to craft them in Hearthstone. I would feel rather likethisabout it and it would add yet another layer to the game.

I am also rather flummoxed that there is no way to play this game in the WoW client. It seems like a no-brainer. Get Hearthstone on tablets, mobiles, and in WoW for maximum exposure.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
News about eu beta supposed to come out this week, but nothing yet.

Anyone get a beta key yet today? Supposed to have that other wave, and another 500 keys from the facebook contest.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
News about eu beta supposed to come out this week, but nothing yet.

Anyone get a beta key yet today? Supposed to have that other wave, and another 500 keys from the facebook contest.
I havent seen anything yet and I have the skin itches.