Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blame secret/aggro paladin and aggro shaman which there are far more of and why ppl play tempo mage.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Take that, Golden Warrior dude.

rrr_img_120169.jpg

Taho

N00b
Nothing I do/play gets under my skin like this game. I can't explain the frustration I get from this. Nothing compares to how pissed I get. Not poker, sports betting, fantasy sports. Hell, I trade futures for a living, but nothing frustrates me like Hearthstone. I can lose big money and stay totally relaxed and forget about it, but I lose 2 or 3 games of HS in a row and I fucking lose it. I don't know what it is about this game.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Is it possible that the margins for what the accuracy of the RNG actually are, in comparison to your likely expectations, are maybe too narrow? This game has more randomness to it than Mt:G and must be viewed from a slightly more probabilistic degree when compared to the somewhat more deterministic nature of games like Magic.

In other words, Knife Juggler.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
had a quest for 5 shaman wins so I was trying out the luffy agro deck. Had three games they conceded by turn 4 because the opening hand was wrecking them. Felt good and scummy.

Ryan

Trakanon Raider
Nothing I do/play gets under my skin like this game. I can't explain the frustration I get from this. Nothing compares to how pissed I get. Not poker, sports betting, fantasy sports. Hell, I trade futures for a living, but nothing frustrates me like Hearthstone. I can lose big money and stay totally relaxed and forget about it, but I lose 2 or 3 games of HS in a row and I fucking lose it. I don't know what it is about this game.
Its the same for me. Even League of Legends anger doesn't really compare.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
The game is truly awful.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Rank 9 -> Rank 3 here tonight.

If you get a meta where you just see tempostorms T1 decks. The correct counter is to play patron warrior. I've never really had an easier time beating shaman, druid, and paladin with the same deck as with patron. You literally cannot beat control decks though, unless you get a hellish aggressive start and they can't answer. Well you can beat freeze mage but that is a non-entity right now it seems.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've never really played Magic, but a big part of what makes you rage at this game is the complete and utter helplessness of watching your opponent combo you up for some insane damage and there is literally nothing to be done about it. I've never really played any other TCG's at this level so I'm not familiar if they all have it like Hearthstone where you really don't have any interactivity during an opponents turn.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
Control Priest has got to be one of the most fun decks to play but when you face another control priest its like a hell on earth hour long chess match.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
I feel the same about Hearthstone as i did back in the day about MTG and that is the games would be more skill and less luckif life started at 40.
I've never really played Magic, but a big part of what makes you rage at this game is the complete and utter helplessness of watching your opponent combo you up for some insane damage and there is literally nothing to be done about it. I've never really played any other TCG's at this level so I'm not familiar if they all have it like Hearthstone where you really don't have any interactivity during an opponents turn.

Taho

N00b
Ugh, the win 5 tavern brawls quest. That's what I get for saying this Brawl was kinda fun. These games are taking forever and people have the most annoying decks now.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
This game has the absence of being able to play on your opponents turn almost as a feature of itself. It is what allows the game to flow as smoothly as it must in order to be simple enough to play on your phone. If the game allowed "Instants" and "Interrupts" it would be like Mt:G, too complicated in its electronic format. Even the physical game of Mt:G gets holy-shit levels of complex sometimes. Hearthstone is almost proud of the fact that it doesn't have that. It is sort of it's calling card. So in my opinion, the game almost has to be this way or else it wouldn't be the 'slick' product it is now.

But you're right, you absolutely have to give up something to the RNG gods in order to have this level of slickness. Maybe not quite to the degree that Brode does, but certainly to a degree that will always be more-so than Mt:G. It is a fundamental Yin and Yang design thing.

It would be like telling a Hyena to be more Lion-like. The Hyena would be all, "It's cool bro, I'm perfectly happy as a Hyena."

Taho

N00b
I've been at rank 7 the past couple days. Yesterday it was alot of secret pallies. Today is alot of face hunters for me. I hate face hunters.