Hearthstone

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I tried an Oil rogue with the spell buff. Does OK, but Deathrattle Rogue might be better. I haven't lost yet, but it's definitely a matter of hoping your armor holds up while building out the combos. Unleashing the combo has to be so disheartening though. It's almost like laying down Reno.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Makes me wish I had the quest...you guys all shit on the brawl idea when they announced it but I feel like every time there's a new one many of you are doing it repeatedly. I almost never do shit beyond my freebie. I have three accounts so I do it more than once but still.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I take advantage of it when I have shitty class dailies that I don't have good decks for.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Makes me wish I had the quest...you guys all shit on the brawl idea when they announced it but I feel like every time there's a new one many of you are doing it repeatedly. I almost never do shit beyond my freebie. I have three accounts so I do it more than once but still.
Most of the brawls have been complete shit. This is the first one in a while that I've done more than get my free pack.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Hafu and Amaz are doing a duo arena at the moment. I haven't played arena much since TGT when they changed the pack rewards, but man her thought process is so different than mine. I know hers works too, it's just so different. Craziness.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to think she's retarded, but then she does a '100 wins in 10 arena runs' challenge and pulls it off and I think maybe I'm the retard.

But I don't play arena anymore and haven't in a long ass time.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I want to think she's retarded, but then she does a '100 wins in 10 arena runs' challenge and pulls it off and I think maybe I'm the retard.

At last years Blizzcon they showed some of the streamers the arena rankings that they have internally, people with the best records overall. Hafu was the highest win rate arena player who was a streamer, 26th overall.

I think Hafu's strongest advantage is she always understands her win conditions and plays to them. I feel like a lot of people always play every deck the same way, regardless of what kind of deck it is.

Northerner

N00b
Eh. Happened to get the 5-brawl quest just now, too late to put a lot of thought into it so went Shaman Murloc with two 4/2 draw on death guys (whatever those are called), a couple of earth shocks, one random buff mech 4-drop, two flametongues and one lightning strike. Plus the full Murloc suit of course. Played it more like zoo than aggro.

Went five for five without any trouble and the MVP was actually the flametongues. Too strong with a free 1/1 or better every round.

Not saying it's ideal but if you want to clean up some quests this weekend, murloc is at least decided in a few minutes and honestly, mostly in your favor. I wasn't winning off anyfins and while the FTs were great, would have won without them too.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

You're not the only one. My arena average is 8.6ish over the course of thousands of arena games and almost 2 years of playing. If they released rankings for arena I have complete confidence in being in the top 100, possibly even top 20. And I watched her play a bit and some of the things she says out loud really blow my mind. But she's one of the best. It's very strange.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was doing a single earth shock, two rockbiters, two storms, a bloodlust, two flametongues, two anyfins, most of the murlocs and neptulon.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
At last years Blizzcon they showed some of the streamers the arena rankings that they have internally, people with the best records overall. Hafu was the highest win rate arena player who was a streamer, 26th overall.

I think Hafu's strongest advantage is she always understands her win conditions and plays to them. I feel like a lot of people always play every deck the same way, regardless of what kind of deck it is.
It's really hard NOT to play the board control game even when you have something like an aggro deck in arena. Even with aggro decks in constructed, you're still relying on some RNG that you'll have drawn enough reach around turn 7 to finish off the opponent. With an inherently shittier in arena, I hate taking that risk.

Yeah yeah, so don't draft aggro. Sometimes that is really hard to avoid.

Somewhat unrelated: fuck flamestrike. Hundreds of cards later, it's still the #1 thing that's such a pain to play around and cause big tempo swings. And I say this while getting my most recent 12 win run on the back of 2 flamestrikes.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've believed that anecdotally for a while, the more packs you open in a session the better your luck. I just chalked it up to probability, and it still might be, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bliz had such a thing in place. Shit, if they do they probably leaked this, buy more forty packs!!!
Important thing to note is it's not tied to session actually, just tied to pack # and set. So you open 39 packs of the core set one day, you're going to get a core legendary on that 40th pack even if it's weeks later, but not on GvG say.

MossyBank

N00b
Damn winkstreaking all over the ladder today with a Reno Druid deck. Having some fun in constructed for the first time in awhile. No one ever expects the reno with a druid ;D

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
did the tavern brawl, using battle shaman, figured wth made it a one of with reno in it, was quite fun, and got my 5 shaman wins quickly, you know they have to be mad when your down to 5-6 life, then reno

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand playing Reno outside of Warlock. Reno works with lifetap so well that it usually more than compensates for not running 2 copies of some really strong cards.

MossyBank

N00b
Reno Warlock is definitely the strongest Reno deck, and I love playing it, but I wanted to try something different. Went 11-3 with the deck so far this morning, and 3 of my wins were against aggro shaman that I for sure would have lost if I was playing a normal ramp druid (or didn't draw reno I guess.) 14 games is hardly good enough to declare it a high level deck, but it's very fun if you're a fan of playing ramp druid anyway, like I am. Druid just has such strong class cards that it seems to work pretty well.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean, I made reno rogue work at least somewhat. I imagine someday they may wind up having to change reno because its already not that detrimental running decks all 1 of's and its only going to get better/easier as they add more cards.

Northerner

N00b
Hell, Reno is not that bad in standard control/fatigue decks if you can keep track of your status. At worst he's a not-horrible body that can allow for some nice late saves. Pretty much just for mirrors though as you should have it in the bag that late against other decks where he's a bit win-more I suppose.

Obviously he's tailor made for Warlock but still with some synergy for weapon classes.