Hearthstone

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I want two bloodhoof braves
I went with Crazed Worshippers to avoid kodo & cabal.
Turn 1:

rrr_img_134908.jpg

Turn 5:

rrr_img_134907.jpg
eCEFeCh.gif

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Golden forbidden ancient, druid 1/1 that gets +1/+1 for each mana spent. I didn't have any and its a card I wanted to try out so thats cool. I'll let you know how it works out. Also the animation on the card is really cool.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kripp posted a video recently how the constructed meta is basically just anti-shaman these days. While I don't think he's making that observation from an informed viewpoint, he just doesn't play at a high enough rank, I do think he's correct.

I was bored the last few days so I decided to go from r12 to r5 even though I said I would stop at r10 for less stress. Had to have been 60% shamans during that stretch with most of the remainder zoo lock. Glad I chose tempo warrior. The one thing I don't get is why none of the lists I see for tempo warrior run any anti-weapon tech. I decided to drop one of my monkeys for an ooze. Only played a few more games but was that a good decision or does weapon hate not fit in tempo warrior?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Hi all, I started playing this after a a co-worker got me into after I told myself a year ago I wouldn't. So, I have $50 google cash I have no idea what to do with which expires in October. Also, I've worked myself up to 2500 gold. Do I blow my load on classic card packs or the new WotOG. Also, is adventure mode worth vesting into? I just want to get some decent cards so I can at least get to rank 15 while I still learn the game.

Anyone use Innkeeper on Hearthpwn?

Thanks in advance

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Golden forbidden ancient, druid 1/1 that gets +1/+1 for each mana spent. I didn't have any and its a card I wanted to try out so thats cool. I'll let you know how it works out. Also the animation on the card is really cool.
I've used them before. They're great at giving you something to do on otherwise dead turns in the early/midgame, and are a solid threat late. I think it's a solid card, druid just isn't in a great spot atm.

Kripp posted a video recently how the constructed meta is basically just anti-shaman these days. While I don't think he's making that observation from an informed viewpoint, he just doesn't play at a high enough rank, I do think he's correct.

I was bored the last few days so I decided to go from r12 to r5 even though I said I would stop at r10 for less stress. Had to have been 60% shamans during that stretch with most of the remainder zoo lock. Glad I chose tempo warrior. The one thing I don't get is why none of the lists I see for tempo warrior run any anti-weapon tech. I decided to drop one of my monkeys for an ooze. Only played a few more games but was that a good decision or does weapon hate not fit in tempo warrior?
You just don't really need it. You're already favored against mid-range shaman and they only run 1 doomhammer. Against aggro shaman you win by proactively disrupting their early creature game and closing the game out before they can grind you down with doomhammer/burn. You also have 4 taunts to interfere with doomhammer.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hi all, I started playing this after a a co-worker got me into after I told myself a year ago I wouldn't. So, I have $50 google cash I have no idea what to do with which expires in October. Also, I've worked myself up to 2500 gold. Do I blow my load on classic card packs or the new WotOG. Also, is adventure mode worth vesting into? I just want to get some decent cards so I can at least get to rank 15 while I still learn the game.

Anyone use Innkeeper on Hearthpwn?

Thanks in advance
Adventure packs are much more efficient to buy with cash instead of gold, 25 bucks vs 2800 gold. So if you have 50 bucks I'd buy blackwing lair and league of explorers. As for your 2500 gold, in the looooong term it's better to buy classic packs. In the short term, it really doesn't matter, whispers will be in standard for the next 2 years so you'll get plenty of value for your gold.

*edit*

whoops meant to edit this into my previous post

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You just don't really need it. You're already favored against mid-range shaman and they only run 1 doomhammer. Against aggro shaman you win by proactively disrupting their early creature game and closing the game out before they can grind you down with doomhammer/burn. You also have 4 taunts to interfere with doomhammer.
Good points, thanks. I guess I was just thinking of why not increase my advantage versus my most common opponents(shaman and warrior) even more?

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
I run harrison in my tempo list for that reason, my 3 most likely matchups were against shaman(34%),Hunter (27%), and warrior(26%) all of which are weapon classes though midrange shaman and most midrange hunter decks have cut their weapons.

The Master

Bronze Squire

On three accounts over two regions last month he played every rank from 4-25. The difference between rank 4 and legend is pretty negligible, usually comes down to being willing to put the games in. Not sure how you can conclude he isn't playing at a high enough rank.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
I love and hate where shaman is right now. For no reason at all I've liked the shaman class the best since i started playing (around Blackwing Lair) and for the first time I feel like its viable enough for me to push to 500 wins without tearing my hair out. The downside is that lots of folks are trying to tech against shaman atm. Still, I've been playing totem/midrange shaman for a few weeks now and its one of the first decks I've played that doesn't make me wish Blizzard would change the shaman hero power. It's exactly the deck I've been waiting for. Really fun to play.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
On three accounts over two regions last month he played every rank from 4-25. The difference between rank 4 and legend is pretty negligible, usually comes down to being willing to put the games in. Not sure how you can conclude he isn't playing at a high enough rank.
I don't watch his stream since he plays close to when I'm going to bed, so I only catch the ranked play that uses to highlight his 'unique' decks. I haven't seen any of them showing play from under rank 11.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I think it takes a special type of insanity, or luck to cruise from Rank 5 to Legend. I've done it a few times now and it is not the same as getting from 25 to 4...Getting from 25 to 4 is fun. Getting from 5 to Legend has NEVER been fun.

Northerner

N00b
Yeah, the totem-heavy midrange Shaman is actually a pretty fun deck. There are some strategic decisions to be made and a bit of flexibility which I kinda enjoy. Plus, there's nothing more annoying than decks where you can pretty much call the game from the mulligan. The RNG element of totems still fucking sucks but it is what it is.

I've been on a zoo/tempo kick for a while now and am overdue for a return to control of some sort but getting a bit bored with warrior fatigue or control. Still miss handlock but can't see how to make it work these days.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I think it takes a special type of insanity, or luck to cruise from Rank 5 to Legend. I've done it a few times now and it is not the same as getting from 25 to 4...Getting from 25 to 4 is fun. Getting from 5 to Legend has NEVER been fun.
It makes sense to me that it would be this way.

Krag

Peasant
On top of that, nearly every deck you play from 4 to legend will be strong, optimized meta decks and your opponents will play them pretty well, because those are the people who are actively trying to get to legend.

All the way to 5 you will run into gimmick decks and "weaker" decks that people play for fun either because they already hit their goal, they aren't in a rush or they just don't care that much. You will also face way more opponents who make mistakes (because win streaks lets you get away with a lot more of them than past 5).