Hearthstone

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
You might not want to attack before Yogg, there are plenty of buffs he can cast to increase damage. It depends on the game state.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just started a new Druid arena draft. Had 2 Wild Growth's, 2 Mire Keeper's, and 2 Nourish's within 10 cards. Proceeded to not get a single 6+ drop for the next 20 cards except for a Recycle. Lol. First game I have 7 mana on their turn 3 with their 3 mana. Now I just lose playing my low drops with all my excess mana lol. Also have 2 Swipes and 2 Wraths. Arena is a cruel joke sometimes haha.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Just started a new Druid arena draft. Had 2 Wild Growth's, 2 Mire Keeper's, and 2 Nourish's within 10 cards. Proceeded to not get a single 6+ drop for the next 20 cards except for a Recycle. Lol. First game I have 7 mana on their turn 3 with their 3 mana. Now I just lose playing my low drops with all my excess mana lol. Also have 2 Swipes and 2 Wraths. Arena is a cruel joke sometimes haha.
Well, I'd probably use that other option with those cards. It would make a lot more sense to draw a lot more and get another 2/2 instead of just giving other guys free wins.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You might not want to attack before Yogg, there are plenty of buffs he can cast to increase damage. It depends on the game state.
He had two favorable trades before the Yogg, I would have still had lethal based on what was in my hand but he didn't know that.

Column_sl

shitlord
Only good to come out of this expansion is watching tournament players just rage constantly, and there is nothing they can do about it.

I even saw a dude cry over the weekend.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I love that mid-range decks dominate the meta currently. The meta might not be varied much, but it's definitely the least bullshit one in a while. And by bullshit, I mean combo decks that kill you from hand or control decks that indiscriminately wipe your board. Interacting with the board is a good thing and meta has a lot of it.

Currently loving tempo warrior. Feels like patron but without the horrid inconsistency.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
what the fuck are you talking about? Pretty much every time I lose to Zoo it's because they did 10/14/9999 damage from hand right as I took control of the board. Same with shaman. This is the worst the game has ever been as far as 'dealing large amount of burst from hand' goes.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
what the fuck are you talking about? Pretty much every time I lose to Zoo it's because they did 10/14/9999 damage from hand right as I took control of the board. Same with shaman. This is the worst the game has ever been as far as 'dealing large amount of burst from hand' goes.
I think you're crazy...They removed most of the instant kill mechanics, or reduced them. Just because you get killed by leeroy and unstable from one deck (that has basically remained unchanged since the start of the game), doesn't make it a toxic Meta. If someone defines toxic as loss of control and helpless solo-play...then the Meta is just so much better. I would agree that many of the tools that mitigated aggro have been stripped away...but that is a cycle. Aggro is always easy and stable to play...And I don;t expect that to change, ever. The thing that still frustrates me about hearthstone is the lack of dynamic play...Actions only be accessible on your turn is ultimately limiting and reduces the ability of strong players to dominate. Hearthstone is a grinder game...If that bothers you, perhaps you should try another game?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Leeroy + PO + PO/Soulfire? Forcing zoo to use their POs so they can stay on the board is how you prevent that. Also, not a new combo. I agree, it IS a shitty combo to lose to, just as bullshit as the old druid combo was. Not as easy to pull off since you only have one Leeroy, but yeah, it ain't great to lose to it.

Shamans lost crackle and gained...primal infusion, I guess? I don't see how their burn capability improved.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think you're crazy...They removed most of the instant kill mechanics, or reduced them. Just because you get killed by leeroy and unstable from one deck (that has basically remained unchanged since the start of the game), doesn't make it a toxic Meta. If someone defines toxic as loss of control and helpless solo-play...then the Meta is just so much better. I would agree that many of the tools that mitigated aggro have been stripped away...but that is a cycle. Aggro is always easy and stable to play...And I don;t expect that to change, ever. The thing that still frustrates me about hearthstone is the lack of dynamic play...Actions only be accessible on your turn is ultimately limiting and reduces the ability of strong players to dominate. Hearthstone is a grinder game...If that bothers you, perhaps you should try another game?
What are you talking about? Zoo hasn't ever run Leeroy before now, and hasn't run soulfire since the mana cost was raised to 1. The meta is the worst it has ever been as far as burst damage from hand goes because your average hearthstone player wasn't good enough to pilot miracle rogue and would rather play secret paladin than patron warrior, despite patron being the clearly superior deck. Any idiot can play doomhammer or power overwhelming.

Leeroy + PO + PO/Soulfire? Forcing zoo to use their POs so they can stay on the board is how you prevent that. Also, not a new combo. I agree, it IS a shitty combo to lose to, just as bullshit as the old druid combo was. Not as easy to pull off since you only have one Leeroy, but yeah, it ain't great to lose to it.

Shamans lost crackle and gained...primal infusion, I guess? I don't see how their burn capability improved.
Shamans gained more from healbot rotating out than they lost from crackle rotating out.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Very true but no worse than losing to Leeroy shenanigans from rogue. Lots of ways to lose early but , as Brand mentioned, this is no where near as annoying as instant death from Patron. It's not worse than old face hunter, druid combo, Dr. 6 garbage, etc, etc, etc. Sparkle loses to tons of different ways as evidenced by the plethora of posts about it almost daily.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, I just don't post every single time I get blown out by triple power overwhelming. It happens quite a lot. Maybe Zoo wouldn't be so goddamn obnoxious if they didn't have dark peddler fairly consistently giving them an extra po/soulfire every game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Meta is shit because too much aggro
Meta is great because so many different viable decks on ladder
Meta is shit because you lost staple cards dealing with aggro
Meta is great because staple cards don't dominate every deck

I stopped caring. Aggro is a bit heavy handed but I'm having fun piloting a home-brew mage deck. It's probably shitty but it's fun and takes games in the weirdest ways sometimes.

Just beat an aggro shaman, fucking hilarious way to end, too.
First I Counterspell his Rockbiter he tried casting on himself with Doomhammer, that was a nice 6 damage saved.
Counterspell isn't even in my list, but got 2 of them from the 1 copy of Cabalists Tome. Nice
biggrin.png

After that turn I was 1 health and he still has doomhammer equipped and he had 7 minions on board all 2-3 health shit.

I play Yogg.
Yogg cleared his board and filled my side with UtH+Yogg and gave me Bear Trap and healed me 2 health with a Nova, so I'm at 3, he already burned a lot of damage cards and his hand is empty.

He attacks my face, I'm at 1, and now I have a taunt up (bear).
His card from draw was Flamewreathed. He's at 20 health.

Yogg+UTH+Bear was 10 damage.
And I got a Pyroblast from Cabalist Tome.

I win!

Here's my list:Gods - Hearthstone Decks

Gods

It's janky as fuck and not an easy deck to pilot. Games are very slow and grindy. Don't play it unless you like a dash of RNG in your games
biggrin.png
I've beat every type of deck from Aggro to Control. Most losses are to aggro if you can't get the doomsayers in time.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ROFL

So if you lose control of Yogg mid-combo (like killing Sylvanas) the rest of hte spells are cast as if it was your opponent's yogg. So my renolock opponent got control of my yogg just in time for it to cast renounce darkness, which fucked his reno activation. I was laughing so hard I missed lethal and ended up losing anyway but god damn he had to be salty.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Decks being able to do 16 from hand is a lot better than the previous situation where 16 from hand was the standard combo, but if you gave them enough time they could upscale it to 30 from hand.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Speaking of yogg salt, playing against a control warrior with c'thun druid. I am way ahead and he casts a desperate yogg. It gives me 2 curse of rafams and makes me over draw my c'thun. I still won but fuck yogg.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Personally I think this is one of the worst metas in the game's history. Every other match is against a Shaman and it's not uncommon to go 4 or 5 matches in a row against them. The class is just too good now and the excuse that "Shaman sucked before so they're allowed to be OP now" is bullshit thinking. It might not be possible but the goal should be all classes, relatively, balanced. That won't ever happen but when you have a class like Shaman that is head and shoulders better than anything else than it should be addressed.

The biggest problem is Blizzard themselves. They are so reluctant to step in and admit mistakes that the environment just becomes "unfun." They also have a vision of this game that I don't always agree with. I've accepted it to an extent but I don't like it.

With that said I think there are about 4 cards from Whispers that are straight up mistakes. Flamewreathed Faceless, Darkshire Councilman, Call of the Wild and, to a lesser extent, Thing Below.

Final thing, if you want stupid burst go Freeze Mage. Most classes don't see it but they can do over 30 points of damage with a bit of setup. I've played priest against them and it's a bad match. They stop your board from doing anything for turn after turn, cycle a crapload of cards, get Emperor down for a discount and then blow you up from hand. All while impossible to kill behind Ice Block. It might be balanced because of how other decks can counter it but it's simply not fun to die from 30 health in one turn against an empty board.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I suck at construction. Tried to do ranking and noticed that once I hit 21 with 2 stars, every player I took on had these wonderfully powerful level 21 and 20 decks. Nobody does ranking without a full set of great cards it seems at 21 and lower. I guess I need to spend some cash and net deck just to get rank 20. It was odd, because I was taking on average decks right up to 21 and two stars.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Actually as a new player you should netdeck if you want to advance. You don't have enough knowledge of the game to construct a viable deck yet. Netdeck to learn basic strategies first. If your aim is to just have fun and try out cards then go ahead an construct something, just don't expect to win.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anybody have a hunter list that can beat shaman or warlock? I have a hunter daily and I can't get a win to save my life.