Hearthstone

axeman_sl

shitlord
Hi all, I started playing this after a a co-worker got me into after I told myself a year ago I wouldn't. So, I have $50 google cash I have no idea what to do with which expires in October. Also, I've worked myself up to 2500 gold. Do I blow my load on classic card packs or the new WotOG. Also, is adventure mode worth vesting into? I just want to get some decent cards so I can at least get to rank 15 while I still learn the game.
Buy the adventures with cash. $50 should get you BRM and LoE. You can't buy packs for these cards, the only way to get them is by buying the adventures, and the gold cost is prohibitively high. If there's any money left, buy a few classic packs. Then just spend your gold on packs. For a good long while, classic packs are best for you. There are so many important cards here and you'll basically need to have the classic set if you want to be a long-term player. These never rotate out, it's a solid investment. Spend dust crafting cards you need from TGT and WotOG, but buy classic packs for at least your first 100 packs, probably even 200. Then once you have most of the important classic cards, start buying WotOG packs instead. Never buy TGT packs, too few cards from that expansion are playable.

If you end up liking the game enough that you think you'll play it seriously, do yourself a favor and spend $100 on packs. This will vastly improve your collection and allow you to make a number of top tier decks. It's worth the investment if Hearthstone will be your main game for a long while, and that amount of packs will pretty much set you up to play for legend rank. When you have the means to make a few of your favourite decks, you don't really have to spend any more money as you can slowly build your collection through quest rewards and stuff.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Lol I just got 3 Totem Golems, 3 Totemics, 3 Fire Elementals and 3 Krakens in a draft.
Curious to see how that plays out. Great on value, but I'm thinking at least six 6+ drops might be too heavy for the current arena meta.

I drafted a rogue deck with a similar amount of value but most of it is clogged up in the 2 mana slot. I'm expecting the SI:7 and Burgle as my only 3 mana cards to be a real pain.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes! Finally got to put my one legendary I got when I opened my first 50 tgt packs to good use, The Skeleton Knight.

rrr_img_135061.jpg

He just removed another one, so that was 6 skeletal knights he had to deal with already.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Curious to see how that plays out. Great on value, but I'm thinking at least six 6+ drops might be too heavy for the current arena meta.

I drafted a rogue deck with a similar amount of value but most of it is clogged up in the 2 mana slot. I'm expecting the SI:7 and Burgle as my only 3 mana cards to be a real pain.
Maybe if they were normal 6+ drops, but they aren't. You could literally draft 8 Fire Elementals and do amazing as long as you still had early and mid game.

Column_sl

shitlord
Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,

This games so good Blizzard, what an improvement you made!

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,Warrior, Shaman,

This games so good Blizzard, what an improvement you made!
I've only seen Shaman...Literally, 15 shaman games...And not some interesting twist, all aggro shaman.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Best aggro deck infesting the ladder at the beginning of season? Shocking!

Run tempo or patron warrior or zoolock and get some easy wins. There's even some popular anti-shaman decklists out there.

I thought column said he didn't play anymore.

Column_sl

shitlord
According to my logs its almost dead even for shaman/warrior at under 10 right now.

I thought column said he didn't play anymore.
I like to troll with rogue at the start of the season, that is the only thing that is enjoyable in this game filled with auto play decks.

Otherwise there hasn't been anything to do for years now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Love losing to a pirate warrior who plays like a complete fucking retard but wins anyway because he got lifetap.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I might be done until the next expansion comes out, the meta too pure aggro, and the midrange decks barely qualify as midrange (shaman has a high end card of maybe six mana). Also, in an aggro meta the most important decision you make in the game is your mulligan which doesn't really compel me. Maybe they'll actually print a control enabler card next expansion instead of control finishers.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
In this aggro meta, I'm trying to come up with a jousting deck to counter it since the concept of Joust is to counter aggro. Not having much success so far though.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
So, in my quixotic quest to find a use for Illidan, since I opened him in a pack (twice now actually
confused.png
, dusted the other one), I think I may be on to something here with a modified version of J4ckiechan's token druid with violet teachers.

Here's my list.

Here's J4ckiechan's list for comparison.

I don't have Yogg, Fandral, Cenarius, or Thalnos, but I'd definitely put in Fandral if I had him. That would really make this deck shine, IMO. The general idea is to ramp up, then board flood with tokens, then buff the tokens. You have 3 token generator cards instead of 2, and several ways to buff all the tokens. Try to bait out opponents aoe before you buff the tokens. Ideally if you curve out your ramp cards well, you can unleash a combo before your opponent can afford their big aoe spells.

I'm not sure how competitive it is, if at all, but it's pretty fun and your opponent probably won't expect what's coming.

My next idea is to try Illidan in some sort of warlock demon type deck with summoning portal maybe.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I crafted fandral and while he is amazing; he is very easily removed and there is only one of him. I haven't played druid much yet w/ him, but I never got both card effects on more than 1 card and that was always when both were played the same turn; whenever I tried playing him on tempo, even with board control, he never lived. But like I said I haven't played druid much so I didn't get that many opportunities to use him. I suspect he'd be better if the meta was a bit slower so that if fandral did eat some form of removal, because you have to remove him it would be good for bigger targets you could have in your deck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Funny you should post about Fandral. I made some pretty drastic changes to my Cthun druid list, which mainly consisted of being less greedy about building up C'thun and adding Fandral + raven idols. Raven idols are a pretty decent turn 1 play since they increase the chance of you having innervate/wild growth. I just obliterated a paladin by dropping Brann turn 3 to bait coin/truesilver then dropping Fandral turn 4. His only plays to kill it at that point were keeper, which would have sucked for me, and consecrate, which would have been awesome for me because consecration to deal 1 damage to a single minion is basically the worst possible way to use it. He didn't have either one so I got the dream nourish on turn 5 and he never caught up.

It's perfectly fine to drop Fandral on turn 4, even if you don't have any choose cards in hand. At worst he's basically a senjin, because your opponent will never want to risk you getting a bunch of value from him, particularly the game-breaking turn 4/5 Fandral powered nourish. Fandral is only slightly behind the vanilla test, so it's no major loss if you lose him without getting a double choice, because you shouldn't be playing any choose cards that aren't good enough without Fandral in the first place.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know what happened to the arena streamer leaderboard?

Google Sheets - create and edit spreadsheets online, for free.

It was a useful tool for tracking class performance in arena and now it's blocked off.
Arena Spreadsheet Guy Lies : hearthstone reddit

Hi everyone,
This thread is locked and will be the final thread on this "drama" (unless new information comes to light, which is highly unlikely). "spreadsheet guy" has been banned for harassing users on the subreddit (And off) along manipulating votes on the subreddit through over 100 alt accounts, this is not an exaggeration. The admins have stepped in and banned multiple accounts based on our reports (and the users who noticed this behavior on the subreddit).

Thanks!
As a result, Spreadsheet guy took his spreadsheet and went home

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That wonderful feeling when you're playing yogg druid, set up lethal next turn, only it turns out the retarded faggot you're against is playing yogg in patron warrior, plays yogg without bothering to attack with his creatures first, and gets mass fucking dispel as his last spell from a 4 spell yogg.

Holy fuck this game is garbage.