Hearthstone

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got the rogue legendary and have most of the stuff in the Dog deck. Guess will play it a bit too. So far I am liking Murloc Shaman and Priest... Discard lock meh. But I nearly have gold lock and gold priest.

Will use this expac to gold something else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious about the ratio between 'fuck Wild dust everything' and 'keep all and play some wild'. Personally I only play standard if forced to by a quest, otherwise it's wild all the way. It has more cards we raged about a year or two ago, sure. But at least you see a bit less of the boring meta shit (it's still there ofc).

This game has boiled down to this for me.

Knock out quests in the AM when I relax and read. Other than that don't really play. Expansion comes out, go hog wild for a week or two and repeat.

Don't play wild at all and don't care to.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some tavern brawls are wild and cards that are pointless in any meta become suddenly useful for a week. *shrug*

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ravishings' Pally deck looks fun. Out of the decks I saw on stream last night, Kripps' quest Priest actually looked the most fun to play, shenanigans and value everywhere.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Personally what I've been doing is dusting the crap that never saw play while in rotation and keeping the popular stuff just in case I wanted to dick around in wild. Couldn't care less about a card being good in a brawl, like ancestral call in that one brawl forever ago.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a rogue:
Turn 1- quest
Turn 2- fire fly x 2
Turn 3 - ingenious elemental
Turn 4 - cleared my minions
Turn 5- dropped all 4 elemental summons, coins, prep casts the quest reward.

That's enough expansion for today.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do think 4 copies is a bit low and actually incredibly easy to pull off. Especially if they mimic pod a low curve card. Which is likely when the deck is relying on inexpensive cards to have massive value after the quest completes.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I do think 4 copies is a bit low and actually incredibly easy to pull off. Especially if they mimic pod a low curve card. Which is likely when the deck is relying on inexpensive cards to have massive value after the quest completes.

It's easy to complete but still draw dependent, loses to pirate warrior, and "good" control decks can still compete since big taunts are still very formidable against 5/5 minions. Lots of people are playing it because it's new, but once pirate warrior is more common again and control decks are more refined, I really don't see it working out for these quest rogues.

It's similar to a miracle deck, but the minions all have charge instead of stealth. If you can put up a wall or have delay tactics then the rogue will run out of resources pretty fast. No saps, auctioneer, etc.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's easy to complete but still draw dependent, loses to pirate warrior, and "good" control decks can still compete since big taunts are still very formidable against 5/5 minions. Lots of people are playing it because it's new, but once pirate warrior is more common again and control decks are more refined, I really don't see it working out for these quest rogues.

It's similar to a miracle deck, but the minions all have charge instead of stealth. If you can put up a wall or have delay tactics then the rogue will run out of resources pretty fast. No saps, auctioneer, etc.
Yeah, my taunt warrior is 3-1 against it. Each time I won was basically because they ran out of resources. The one loss he used a novice engineer to complete the quest and my dirty rat whiffed hard giving him a free teacher, the one minion you don't want to pull, even still it was close and I believe he would have ran out of resources had it not been the extra card draw from the engineer.

Anyone got the play a friend quest, wanna swap?

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just played one of the most fun game in long time.

Quest Priest vs Quest Rogue.

It was such fun, he got Lyra the new priest legendary from me, that gives you a priest spell every time you cast a spell. He casted tons of spell, he got so much value from her it was insane. He kept bouncing her back too so I couldn't kill her. I got 1 Youthful Brewmaster from him, and manage to bouncing N'zoth. :)

I won in the end because the last card I played at the end during fatigue was Amara putting me back at 40 from about 10 health or so...but she was my last card, and he had like 3 5/5 on the board, and Shadow Word: Death her and was able to eventually bring me back down a lot but he was too late and died of fatigue the turn before I would have died from it.

Really exciting game.

• 1Like

Lusiphur

Peasant
40 packs, 2 Legos .. Both Clutchmother. Not complaining but I have got duplicate Lego's on the initial opening of the pile of packs for the last 3 expansions.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I wasted some good dust on warlock discard deck(crafted two legends). Quest is much harder to fulfill than most of the other ones. I easily can finish rogue, shammy, hunter, and priest quests. I've done 3-4 versions of discard lock and the best working ones are just basic discard locks from before the expansion killing someone off quickly without even finishing the quest. I'm glad I didn't craft Hemet but really would have loved to use the dust from warlock for elemental shammy. The quest decks have essentially wiped out jade druid which is a good thing. I will have to try to quest druid sometime but having way too much fun with quest shammy and rogue right now.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played a few priest games, not with the quest, but a legacy deck. Initial impression is its not bad for what it is, good at control, seems like it's bad against rogue though and I'd assume pirate warrior. Priest legendary might be better than I initially thought just looking at the card. Burgly bullies ftw.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Yeah mimic pod is exceptional for so many cards in that deck. I started one hand with one minion, the quest and mimic pod. Mimic on turn 3 and got 2 shadowstep. Finished quest turn 4 and dropped so much damn value on turn 5. Fun as hell but kinda ridiculous.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wasted some good dust on warlock discard deck(crafted two legends). Quest is much harder to fulfill than most of the other ones. I've done 3-4 versions of discard lock and the best working ones are just basic discard locks from before the expansion killing someone off quickly without even finishing the quest.
I am in the same situation. Based on what I got in my 60 packs, Discard Quest Warlock is the deck I had to make. I do not think it is a competitive deck. My record is probably 30% win rate and that is not against good competition either.

Warlock and Paladin quests are probably the worst of all the classes.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
There's a control version with just the Quest and Deathwing basically to end the game. 12/12 and 2 imps every turn. Otherwise it's just a control warlock deck.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So is this terrible legendary drop rate of this expansion a legit thing ?

I feel cheated, 55 packs, 1 Legendary and a ridiculous amount of duplicates • r/hearthstone

I got 1 legendary in 53 packs. My girlfriend got 0 in 41. Isn't the pity timer 40? Saw lots of posts last night of people talking about how horrible the legendary drop rates are of this expansion and now this thread. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: Also only got 3 epics lol. Didn't even think about how atrocious that was either. Also got loads and loads of duplicate Neutrals. Not loads of duplicate class cards but tons of duplicate neutrals. I was starting to think it was a Gadgetzan bug, but figured it was just random. Apparently other people are reporting that as well though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Didn't buy any packs so I got zero legs from my 8 free ones.

Then I ended an arena run with 9 wins and opened the mage legendary.

• 1Like