Hearthstone

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played since mean streets, but been playing the last few days again. There was a great deal on packs through amazon back during MSG that I used, but I can't remember where I found it and if it was a one time offer. Are there any special deals on packs now for KFT?

Also, I've got the challenge a friend quest right now if anyone is up.
Enzee #1750
Ive still got the quest if anyone plays late at night/early morning. Generally between 3am and 6am cst, but sometimes other times randomly.

Also, no one knows if theres a discount on packs somewhere?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Shuffling your first Idol is a TERRIBLE move, especially first turn. Jade struggles with early pressure, forgoing the 1/1 and slowing your jade counter by 1 is such a bad move.

As Quin said, other then getting 1 early for tempo, I don't want to see my second Idol until really late in the game, and that's if the game is really slow. It's part of why a Geist is such a shitty anti-jade card. It only stops the deck from going infinite, otherwise most of a game an idol is the last thing you want.
I've started saving my 2nd Jade Idol to be pretty much the final card from my deck I play, so nothing interrups none stop massive Jade Statues.

• 1Like

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
So i got 9/9. Ended up cheesing with warrior via Frothing Berserker. I think that one gave me the most trouble. I kept trying hunter using the Barnes/Y'shaarj method, but i could never get it off. Instead i just went with Hyena and Vicious Fledgling. I did mage with murlocs... got a perfect draw on the first try with the deck. Killed him on turn 5.

Anyways, made a control warlock deck. Having the most fun playing Hearthstone in a while. Deck list is attached.

g8FGI2s.png

looks like a fun deck, do you get much value from treachery?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah people who shuffle a turn one idol really are clueless. It may seem like a weak play to make a golem but you're ramping up all your future golems when you do it.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah people who shuffle a turn one idol really are clueless. It may seem like a weak play to make a golem but you're ramping up all your future golems when you do it.

Not to mention that with Geist getting some use you want as many of your idols in play as Jades. Obviously shuffle the second one, but then there third and fourth should be turned into Jades. Unless you have the card draw in hand (Nourish or UI) there's no reason to load your deck with more then 1 idol worth of reshuffles.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
looks like a fun deck, do you get much value from treachery?

Well, it's a guaranteed Doomsayer. The combo of Doomsayer, Treachery and Dirty Rat is insanely good. But otherwise the card is a dead card in your hand. I'm not playing Drakes or Giants either, so it's 0 impact if not played with a Doomsayer. But i've not had an instance where my Doomsayer has been killed in a game.

Overall though, Gnomeferatu is the MVP card. So fucking good at 2 mana. Huge potential to fuck up combo decks. When i see Exodia mage, i'm actually not automatically resigned to a loss.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well, it's a guaranteed Doomsayer. The combo of Doomsayer, Treachery and Dirty Rat is insanely good. But otherwise the card is a dead card in your hand. I'm not playing Drakes or Giants either, so it's 0 impact if not played with a Doomsayer. But i've not had an instance where my Doomsayer has been killed in a game.

Overall though, Gnomeferatu is the MVP card. So fucking good at 2 mana. Huge potential to fuck up combo decks. When i see Exodia mage, i'm actually not automatically resigned to a loss.

Part of the value of doomsayer is getting a free turn. It triggers on your turn and allows you to build a board first. Treachery on a Doomsayer is great as a board clear but may as well just run Nether, Shadowflame, whatever... Warlock certainly don't lack clears.

Gnomeferatu is a shit card. I can't take any deck seriously that has that card. Meme value can be fun, but the deck won't be "good".

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think people are mis evaluating Gnomeferatu with bad logic. People are using thought processes from Magic that don't apply the same to Hearthstone. In Hearthstone if you burn a 1 of legendary that the deck needs to function, it's a pretty big deal. In Magic where you can have 4 of a card it's different.

It's an amazing card or anything, but it's definitely a 2 mana card that can win games. While messing around with it I had multiple on the spot concedes when I burned things like Gul'dan. Burning Antonidas vs Quest Mage is an instant win too. Things like that. Plus, it's a card you don't have to deal with and you know is gone. In a control type deck that can be pretty important.

There are a lot of times it's going to burn something irrelevant, but it's not an unplayable card.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think people are mis evaluating Gnomeferatu with bad logic. People are using thought processes from Magic that don't apply the same to Hearthstone. In Hearthstone if you burn a 1 of legendary that the deck needs to function, it's a pretty big deal. In Magic where you can have 4 of a card it's different.

It's an amazing card or anything, but it's definitely a 2 mana card that can win games. While messing around with it I had multiple on the spot concedes when I burned things like Gul'dan. Burning Antonidas vs Quest Mage is an instant win too. Things like that. Plus, it's a card you don't have to deal with and you know is gone. In a control type deck that can be pretty important.

There are a lot of times it's going to burn something irrelevant, but it's not an unplayable card.

True, evaluation is different. I never played Magic to know the differences though...

Hearthstone is primarily a tempo game. Gnomeferatu is a crocolisk that has as much chance of HELPING your opponent as hurting. You are burning a card that your opponent may never draw in the course of a game, you're burning a card the opponent might not want to draw at all, too. It only matters in extreme cases with very fortunate RNG.

Whenever I get the "steal a card" from Lich King it's almost always ineffective. People using against me have gotten shit like Pyromancer and whatever crap I don't want at turn 10 most of the time. Very rarely do they pick my Tirion. I think I had my Lich King stolen once, and even then I didn't really care. Control paladin rarely gets to fatigue, the draw is too slow.

I played about 10 mill rogue games yesterday ... I played vs Quest mage 2-3 times, LOST 2 of those games because even burning 6-7 cards, it was all garbage shit and usually 1 quest piece, which they made up for with RNG discovers... I probably played very poorly, maybe could have burned more, and I could have won one for sure if I did 1 action differently, but still burning a bunch of cards and hardly hitting the right piece.

The only card you can burn is Antonidas which is guaranteed win, how often do you expect that to happen?

I see his deck is trying to do shit with Dirty Rats and crap, it's a fun meme deck, and I want to try some shenanigans with Howling Fiends/Gnomeferatu/etc too. But is the deck good? I'd say no.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shuffling your first Idol is a TERRIBLE move, especially first turn. Jade struggles with early pressure, forgoing the 1/1 and slowing your jade counter by 1 is such a bad move.

As Quin said, other then getting 1 early for tempo, I don't want to see my second Idol until really late in the game, and that's if the game is really slow. It's part of why a Geist is such a shitty anti-jade card. It only stops the deck from going infinite, otherwise most of a game an idol is the last thing you want.
Keep in mind the Geist also kills both Earthen Scales, another massive bullshit card in that deck.

• 1Like

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
I ran pirate warrior from rank 9 to 1.. I was 5 stars into rank 1 3 times, got shit draw all 3 times. I fought in 1 for a while, and have slowly slid to 3... So frustrating.:mad:

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I ran pirate warrior from rank 9 to 1.. I was 5 stars into rank 1 3 times, got shit draw all 3 times. I fought in 1 for a while, and have slowly slid to 3... So frustrating.:mad:
Pirate scum.

Saw a thread on reddit... which is ironic as hell because I just had a similar thought yesterday:
It's August 2017 and the two best decks in the game are based on Pirates and Jades from MSOG • r/hearthstone

So at first I was thinking I'd try-hard for a decent rank, but that went out the window once I decided to play shit decks all day yesterday and go from 1k to 4.5k legend.

There are 4 major decks right now and I hate them all:

Jade Druid
Aggro Druid
Pirate Warrior
PRIEST

Building a "fun" deck is near impossible right now because you just get hard-countered by something. I think the Priest decks annoy me most. I have been avoiding playing Aggro decks, primarily because they just aren't fun. They are grind decks meant for mindless drones.

I want to play Elemental Mage, Value Rogue, Control Paladin, Taunt Druid, Dead Man's Warrior, etc etc... The meta right now is just so anti-fun. A lot has to do with Jade & Pirates.

If not having to account for those decks I could probably tech against Priest a bit better, but right now every time I face a Priest I just don't have the tools to withstand the machine gun. And if I play a Mill Rogue or whatever, I never get Priest opponents.

I was trying super-hard to get a taunt druid to work, but probably lost games for 2 hours straight in the process. I feel like I got pretty close, but had to add too many tech cards to account for all the bullshit, may as well just play jades.

I'll probably try to lose more games tonight trying some Elemental Mage.

Edit: Just realized Priests lose Raza next rotation too. I was already looking forward to losing Jades/Pirates but now I can add Razakus priest... so long to wait though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Pirate scum.

Saw a thread on reddit... which is ironic as hell because I just had a similar thought yesterday:
It's August 2017 and the two best decks in the game are based on Pirates and Jades from MSOG • r/hearthstone

So at first I was thinking I'd try-hard for a decent rank, but that went out the window once I decided to play shit decks all day yesterday and go from 1k to 4.5k legend.

There are 4 major decks right now and I hate them all:

Jade Druid
Aggro Druid
Pirate Warrior
PRIEST

Building a "fun" deck is near impossible right now because you just get hard-countered by something. I think the Priest decks annoy me most. I have been avoiding playing Aggro decks, primarily because they just aren't fun. They are grind decks meant for mindless drones.

I want to play Elemental Mage, Value Rogue, Control Paladin, Taunt Druid, Dead Man's Warrior, etc etc... The meta right now is just so anti-fun. A lot has to do with Jade & Pirates.

If not having to account for those decks I could probably tech against Priest a bit better, but right now every time I face a Priest I just don't have the tools to withstand the machine gun. And if I play a Mill Rogue or whatever, I never get Priest opponents.

I was trying super-hard to get a taunt druid to work, but probably lost games for 2 hours straight in the process. I feel like I got pretty close, but had to add too many tech cards to account for all the bullshit, may as well just play jades.

I'll probably try to lose more games tonight trying some Elemental Mage.

Edit: Just realized Priests lose Raza next rotation too. I was already looking forward to losing Jades/Pirates but now I can add Razakus priest... so long to wait though.
This xpack sucks dick. No real new decks, so dull and so boring. Cant even bring myself to finish quests.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This xpack sucks dick. No real new decks, so dull and so boring. Cant even bring myself to finish quests.
I think this xpack is fine/fun but we're still dealing with bullshit from 2 years ago. There is so much cool stuff I want to make work but simply can't right now.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Keep in mind the Geist also kills both Earthen Scales, another massive bullshit card in that deck.

I only run one of them. Typically it gets dropped same turn as my Lich King.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Part of the value of doomsayer is getting a free turn. It triggers on your turn and allows you to build a board first. Treachery on a Doomsayer is great as a board clear but may as well just run Nether, Shadowflame, whatever... Warlock certainly don't lack clears.

Gnomeferatu is a shit card. I can't take any deck seriously that has that card. Meme value can be fun, but the deck won't be "good".

We're playing in a meta where a Doomsayer will, more often than not, get killed on turn 2 by decks (Pirate warrior, Murloc paladin, Aggro druid) against which an early Doomsayer is important and will 100% get killed in later turns by all of the other meta tyrants (mostly thinking Jade druid). Obviously dropping a Doomsayer on turn 5 against any of the aforementioned aggro decks means shit - you might not even get the 7 point heal. Basically, dropping a Doomsayer, even on an empty board, and thinking: "doo, doo, doo, doo... it'll go off..." doesn't really work. Treachery + Doomsayer will clear anything other than a full 7 board for 5 mana. 100% guaranteed. It's good.

I think it was either you or Slippery (both for whom i have huge respect when it comes to this game) who i was chatting with earlier about running Doomsayer and not running Hellfires. My point from before stands. I don't think i'd run Doomsayers over Hellfires in this meta and especially not without Treachery.

Gnomeferatu is a 2 mana 2/3 that destroys an opponent's card. It can be good early, it can be good late. Even if you destroy some random ass card, you've still brought your opponent one card closer to fatigue. What this means is that you tapping and going through your deck isn't necessarily going to mean death by fatigue first. At the very least, i look at it like 2 fatigue stress free cards.

Bang on.

I just saw Savjz playing Howlfiend in a similar deck for the Howlfiend + Treachery + damage combo for the opponent to discard cards. It's awesome.

Anyways, control warlock is one of the worst decks in the game at the moment. But it's definitely one of the most fun decks to play - for me.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Bang on.

I just saw Savjz playing Howlfiend in a similar deck for the Howlfiend + Treachery + damage combo for the opponent to discard cards. It's awesome.

I see his deck is trying to do shit with Dirty Rats and crap, it's a fun meme deck, and I want to try some shenanigans with Howling Fiends/Gnomeferatu/etc too. But is the deck good? I'd say no.

I'm watching Savjz play with Howling Fiend too, kinda funny after I made that post where I did say I'd want to try some Treachery->Howl Fiend shenanigans. My point is kinda proven about Gnomeferatu though, even in his deck he isn't playing her. Whatever is fun for you though, I'm all for the fun shitty decks just for laughs. I'm definitely going to give Savjz deck a try, but I don't think it's too good either, maybe CAN be good with a few tweaks, idk.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
They should make doomsayers a 1/7. That would fix weeny aggro decks taking it out, without suffering.

• 1SJW
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched Day9 and I lost it when he built the deck against Lady Deathwhisper. Equality.. Equality... auto complete. And he actually wins.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like