Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What else needed nerfing? Just RSW? I bet DoL and changes to the meta will keep that deck in check. Face Hunter was already countering DoL Mage. So if there's some way Mage can build against aggro while still drawing through most of their deck while still packing some sort of combo(burn is likely still better than C'Thun), RSW might need nerfing. I'm too stupid to know if what I just described can exist though.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I'm cautiously optimistic, Pen Flinger nerf means Paladin doesn't have a late game burn plan anymore. Instead of crushing aggro and being even against everything else, now they'll lose to any slower deck that can withstand the initial onslaught of secrets. You can stabilize at like 3 life against Paladin now and be safe as they have no reach at all.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think raising Jandice cost was the wrong choice, should of stayed 5 and the summons become 4 costs. Making it 6 will still help so jury's out till we get to play with it.

I was somewhat ok with pen flinger balance wise before core/expansion, not so much now, but really I just want the fucking sound to go away permanently more than anything.

DoL should of been hall of famed.

RSW with C'Thun is gonna be to strong like it was before DoL took over the meta

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can't speak to Jandice, haven't played with her enough. This seems aimed more at rogue and shadowstep than mages. One more mana can be a pretty big difference for rogues.

I had the same thought initially on DoL. But 4 mana might be enough. Pay 2 mana of tempo on turns 1-3 is not that costly. A lot of control deck hero power pass in the early game. 4 mana of tempo later in the game is much bigger than just 2 more mana of tempo. Your opponent's board is more developed, an aggro deck is close to killing you if they've had a good draw. The next spell you draw will, on average, not pay for the tempo loss. So, you're effectively two turns at a tempo deficit just to play that card.

My gut feel is that RSW with C'Thun was taking advantage of an underdeveloped meta similar to contol warlock. The typical shell for spell mage doesn't have the longevity or card draw to last getting through most of your deck by turn 10. If Flame Ward and Reno cards were still standard, maybe that would be otherwise. I'm betting Mask of C'Thun and burning your opponent's face will be better.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a feeling we are all going to be hating lock and priest for the foreseeable future, if you can't beat em join em kind of thing.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure Paladin just cuts the secret package and maybe even Pen Flingers and does something else and is just fine

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cutting the secret package also cuts your deck thinning, which comes back to Paladin's perpetual lack of draw.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What has changed to allow control lock back into the meta long term? Right now you're seeing players taking advantage of an unrefined meta to play a grief deck.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
meta or not, card needs altered. They should up the cost on it and drop the corrupt component

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
savjz has a pretty cool secret rogue with a sorta OTK thing going on. cool to see him playing constructed again.

rogue.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
savjz has a pretty cool secret rogue with a sorta OTK thing going on. cool to see him playing constructed again.

View attachment 348285
I don't remember if he actually invented it or had it happen to him and then copied it, but the old cube deck where you end up with like 6 charged devilsaurs blew my mind when I first saw Savjz playing it back in the day. Does hearthstone still do anything that cool? I did see Firebat doing a silly deathrattle spellpower deck the other day, but no way that one's consistent and the old cube decks were pretty good in that dept.

I'm still glad I'm not playing anymore though. This game is 90% as much fun to watch rather than play a lot of the time IMO, so why chase the dragon?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user