Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
VS data reaper live seems to agree with that. It says secret paladin is still quite good too. But fuck playing that deck and drawing into secrets instead of swords.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Fucking bled 1k ranking over last week. Fucking useless American Inventor trash game. Fuck.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember if he actually invented it or had it happen to him and then copied it, but the old cube deck where you end up with like 6 charged devilsaurs blew my mind when I first saw Savjz playing it back in the day. Does hearthstone still do anything that cool? I did see Firebat doing a silly deathrattle spellpower deck the other day, but no way that one's consistent and the old cube decks were pretty good in that dept.

I'm still glad I'm not playing anymore though. This game is 90% as much fun to watch rather than play a lot of the time IMO, so why chase the dragon?
Agreed, definitely enjoy watching more than playing at this point.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I got all y'all beat. Watch AND play at the same time! Just lower your expectations far enough so that you're ok with only getting to bronze 10.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't remember if he actually invented it or had it happen to him and then copied it, but the old cube deck where you end up with like 6 charged devilsaurs blew my mind when I first saw Savjz playing it back in the day. Does hearthstone still do anything that cool? I did see Firebat doing a silly deathrattle spellpower deck the other day, but no way that one's consistent and the old cube decks were pretty good in that dept.

I'm still glad I'm not playing anymore though. This game is 90% as much fun to watch rather than play a lot of the time IMO, so why chase the dragon?

I was actually not playing during that time period as I grew so frustrated with the game and took a good year off or so. I play now but mostly just doing quests while I have my morning coffee instead of reading the news or something else. Definitely enjoy watching the tournaments more than playing

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Hit legend with Control Warrior. Fastest I've ever shot up to legend. Warlock is an autoloss but I'm just farming literally everything else.

• 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The big warrior list that was on reddit?
Nah I didn't copy from reddit. It's just C'Thun Control Warrior. The thing that really turned it around was realizing I needed to play all the heal cards. Armor vendors, Scrap Golems, Shieldmaidens. Cut Mor'shan elite because the face decks (DH, Hunter) remove taunts way too easily but eventually run out of face damage if you just keep healing. Paladin doesn't actually have that many minions in its deck so it's feasible to just kill everything they play, they don't have reach with the Pen Flinger nerf and basically can't beat Rattlegore if you can live long enough to play it.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Nah I didn't copy from reddit. It's just C'Thun Control Warrior. The thing that really turned it around was realizing I needed to play all the heal cards. Armor vendors, Scrap Golems, Shieldmaidens. Cut Mor'shan elite because the face decks (DH, Hunter) remove taunts way too easily but eventually run out of face damage if you just keep healing. Paladin doesn't actually have that many minions in its deck so it's feasible to just kill everything they play, they don't have reach with the Pen Flinger nerf and basically can't beat Rattlegore if you can live long enough to play it.
Hit me with your list, I like me some Control Warrior

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Hit me with your list, I like me some Control Warrior
### Custom Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 1x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Minefield
# 2x (3) Bladestorm
# 1x (3) Bulwark of Azzinoth
# 2x (3) Coerce
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 1x (4) Kargath Bladefist
# 2x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 2x (4) Rancor
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 2x (5) Scrap Golem
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 1x (6) Shieldmaiden
# 1x (9) Rattlegore
# 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
#
AAECAQcIvrkD+cIDk9ADq9QDwd4Dv+AD4OUD7aAEC7i5A82+A4rQA/fUA7XeA7beA5LkA47tA4/tA4igBImgBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
dayem, Frozen just whooped nalguidon's ass up and down, left and right, all across the board.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
dayem, Frozen just whooped nalguidon's ass up and down, left and right, all across the board.
I think Frozen is the tournament player I have the most respect for. I feel like he works hard. He just always brings stuff different from everyone else, and plays it in a very different way, and brings the results.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He definitely see the lines of play like no one else does. Him and Jarla are by far my favorite players to watch.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Welp time for another break. I am getting real sick of Magestone. 90% of my games are fucking Lunacy mage.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Welp time for another break. I am getting real sick of Magestone. 90% of my games are fucking Lunacy mage.
Still? Strange. Have you tried playing Face Hunter? Deck slaughters them. Something like this

### Face Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Kolkar Pack Runner
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 2x (4) Piercing Shot
# 1x (4) Knife Vendor
# 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
#
AAECAR8EtOEDj+MD5e8D5/ADDaK5A9zMA6LOA4LQA7nSA4biA9zqA5/sA/DsA9vtA6mfBKqfBLugBAA=
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on Face Hunter

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I haven't played a lunacy mage in awhile, just fucking paladin paladin paladin paladin paladin paladin

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think they made a big announcement about it but Kargal can now be dusted for full value for a few days. Glad they did that, I dusted my copy.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
game 3 warma vs jarla has to be the worst I've ever seen jarla play. sooooooo many bad decisions starting with turn 2