Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
On Reddit some people also pointed out in one of the games that as soon as Amaz drew Leeroy RDU got 2 messages from friends saying "hello mom". Code word or not? idk. Definitely would suck if it's just friends being retarded and now there's all this speculation on the guy.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
So why isn't maintaining a blank friends list a requirement of entry and participation?
Most of the pros have a tournament-only account they use (or a team account with all the cards) that has no friends except practice partners in case the player doesn't have a full deck in a particular region. However, I think Rdu was just inexperienced and made a stupid mistake taking a friend-full account, and it's the first time I've seen this happen in an HS competition. I think a precedent needs to be set, similar to other games, where if you receive any messages at all during a game, then you forfeit that match. I don't hold it against Rdu atm though. I'm saltier that Amaz didn't Swipe off the Doomsayer in G1. Or wrath + run TBK into it. Anything except lose all your board presence when you know the Mage depends on Alexstraza to win.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Because that'd be retarded? There just needs to be a "disable all chat" option for tournament play.
Well there is not an option to disable all chat for tournament play so until that feature is put in place how about we require blank friend lists?

I think a precedent needs to be set, similar to other games, where if you receive any messages at all during a game, then you forfeit that match.
Right. You draw an extra card in Magic you get a game loss even if was a simple mistake that was 100% irrelevant to the board state. You pause at any time during a round with any fighting game and you lose the round. One of your idiot friends messages you shit during a match of Hearthstone you get a game loss.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I think outright disqualification is appropriate. Make an example of him and let the tournament community know that cheating will not be tolerated. The board state is 100% irrelevant in my opinion.

Flank_sl

shitlord
On Reddit some people also pointed out in one of the games that as soon as Amaz drew Leeroy RDU got 2 messages from friends saying "hello mom". Code word or not? idk. Definitely would suck if it's just friends being retarded and now there's all this speculation on the guy.
Call me a Lumie, but I am more suspicious of the message "HUA HUA HUA SAINT LAWRENCE" that he received when his opponent drew Leeroy.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm guessing they didn't really have a policy in place for this occurrence and when trying to figure out what to do started on the path of "well, it didn't really change anything." It's also probably difficult with the size of the event and money on the line to be the guy that decides to bring the hammer down.

I'd be fine with basically any punishment other than "no harm no foul, next game." That shit's just stupid.

Call me a Lumie, but I am more suspicious of the message "HUA HUA HUA SAINT LAWRENCE" that he received when his opponent drew Leeroy.
Oh for fuck's sake.

The second he got a single message the TO should have at least ran up and paused the game.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Well there is not an option to disable all chat for tournament play so until that feature is put in place how about we require blank friend lists?

Right. You draw an extra card in Magic you get a game loss even if was a simple mistake that was 100% irrelevant to the board state. You pause at any time during a round with any fighting game and you lose the round. One of your idiot friends messages you shit during a match of Hearthstone you get a game loss.
Which is why I draw my cards face down on the table for putting them into my hand. If I draw extra I can then see that and put it back without penalty. But yeah any messages at all in the game should be at the very least a game loss. In magic if anyone says anything to me that gives outside info in a match that is at competitive rule level that is an auto game loss.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Most of the pros have a tournament-only account they use (or a team account with all the cards) that has no friends except practice partners in case the player doesn't have a full deck in a particular region. However, I think Rdu was just inexperienced and made a stupid mistake taking a friend-full account, and it's the first time I've seen this happen in an HS competition. I think a precedent needs to be set, similar to other games, where if you receive any messages at all during a game, then you forfeit that match. I don't hold it against Rdu atm though. I'm saltier that Amaz didn't Swipe off the Doomsayer in G1. Or wrath + run TBK into it. Anything except lose all your board presence when you know the Mage depends on Alexstraza to win.
I learned many many years ago, when it comes to Blizzard games, Grayson is always right!

Is Amaz the guy who way overreacted to a Mana Addict being Shadowstepped?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Heh. Just created a European account to kill some time since NA is down. My free pack for getting a Hero to Level 10 had Cenarius in it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Heh. Just created a European account to kill some time since NA is down. My free pack for getting a Hero to Level 10 had Cenarius in it.
I also started an EU account since NA was down.
Soon as I finished the tutorial I went 4-0 in Ranked with Mage then I unlocked all the heros and went 7-3 in Arena with Mage (started 7-0 then hit 3 tough matches in a row that were very close).

No legendaries but I stopped with 400 gold in my account lol.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I think outright disqualification is appropriate. Make an example of him and let the tournament community know that cheating will not be tolerated. The board state is 100% irrelevant in my opinion.
Why not go even farther into the extreme and ban him for life.

Really it should have been a game loss at worse.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I dont think going "he cheated but since it didnt help him lets ignore it" is the stance to take. At the very least there should be a clear statement that the incident was unexpected and not considered in their rules, that they will let the decision stand in his case (no punishment from what I gather), but also clearly outline the penalties for cases like this going forward.